R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-30-2005, 09:47 AM   #46
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Re: Drivetrain

I do that too. I'm facinated how something so simple can go so fast and manuver like it does.

I also like to have my body clips going from outside to in, and all with the big loop pointing towards the back of the car. It urks me if someone puts my body on for me and puts my car down and doesn't have the clips just the way I like it.

I used to run burgundy as my main color. Then I switched to purple. As an homage to the old ways, I still mix in a few drops of burgundy into my purple when I prepare to paint. It doesn't seem to have any visual effect, but I know it's there!

I like to stick numbers dead center on the front windshield. The car will be out of balance if it's skewed one way or the other!

Quote:
Originally posted by Hebiki
one thing i noticed i do a lot is (anywhere) i remove the pinion gear and spin the drive train.. continuously. even when im talking to someone. at home watching a DVD. or waiting for my laundry. im sitting there spinning the drivetrain on my car (belt or shaft).
gibbous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 10:06 AM   #47
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I just realized I'm the same way with the body clips and I always have my motors cut before I get to the track. I do still cut at the track though. I usually cut every run when I'm running mod. No matter what motor I'm using.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 10:17 AM   #48
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to primusblowsgoat Send a message via Yahoo to primusblowsgoat

oh i do the body clip thing for sure, i have zip ties and fuel tubing on mine and i have to have them going onside in with the fuel tubing bent back behind the body post
primusblowsgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 10:19 AM   #49
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 157 (100%+)

I go through bearings between each race day...even clean and relube cvd's. I've caught problems this way. Had to laugh when someone said they pick thier car up and stare at it...eye level.....done that too!!
Team Associated TC7.1
Team Associated F6
Fran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 03:16 PM   #50
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Does anyone else have to have their tools in place and put away after working on your car? I can't leave my work bench a mess. Drives me nuts.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 03:23 PM   #51
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to primusblowsgoat Send a message via Yahoo to primusblowsgoat

i personally like to leave mine a mess so that if my gf is making me angry and i wanna get away from her, i have something to do, clean it up
primusblowsgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 03:35 PM   #52
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Drivetrain

Quote:
Originally posted by Hebiki
one thing i noticed i do a lot is (anywhere) i remove the pinion gear and spin the drive train.. continuously. even when im talking to someone. at home watching a DVD. or waiting for my laundry. im sitting there spinning the drivetrain on my car (belt or shaft).
Hehehe, I do that too, great init

Actually on that point, when up at uni I tend to have my out on display on my desk. Two of my mates always play with the suspension on the car whenever they come into my room to talk to me...they are completely fascinated at how it all works. I've been trying to convience them to come along and watch one day... might manage it next term, as we're going outside at my local track now

I have to admit I sometimes to the "meditation" thing, of just sitting there looking at the car....
Old 03-30-2005, 03:40 PM   #53
Tech Master

Thumbs up Dude.....

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Kerr
Does anyone else have to have their tools in place and put away after working on your car? I can't leave my work bench a mess. Drives me nuts.
after AND before working on my car. It has to be tidy before I even start.
Mabuchi540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 03:41 PM   #54
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey

no, its just odd

hehe j/k....i also do the body pin thing, i have to have the little loops facing outwards.

when my dad puts my shell on for me he doesn't care which way they go but it drives me crazy...got to have them on the right way
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 03:41 PM   #55
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

And when at the track..... everything has to be perfectly laid out on my pit table!
Gearing bits and strapping tape on the left, tools on the right, cleaning and setup stuff up the top.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:46 PM   #56
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey

haha, you should see my pit table at the end of the meeting...takes us ages to tidy it all away only thing that is organised on my pit table is probably my setup board and charger....setup board in middle and charger behind it
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 04:25 PM   #57
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by GroffBall
My car must always be together and working. I can not let it sit in pieces, or broken. I can't stand it.... Two weeks ago I broke a part that needed to be shipped from Hong Kong, that wasn't good enough I had to break the dremel out and engineer a different part on. I can't stand to see it in pieces.
OMG same here. only yetsreday I had decided to machine up a outdrive for my diff as I cant stand it being apart.would have like the nice new delrin diff I ordered but i wanted to have it ready for the weekend just incase my new one didn't turn up. after about 7 hours of work and it was all finished ,setup system and all, the delivery man walks up the driveway so apart it came again..

"He who dies with the most toys wins" - Phil Harris
Jack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 04:56 PM   #58
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack2
OMG same here. only yetsreday I had decided to machine up a outdrive for my diff as I cant stand it being apart.would have like the nice new delrin diff I ordered but i wanted to have it ready for the weekend just incase my new one didn't turn up. after about 7 hours of work and it was all finished ,setup system and all, the delivery man walks up the driveway so apart it came again..
That's funny...but atleast you have a spare now!

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 05:46 PM   #59
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to HK Racing Joe

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Kerr
I can't have my bench clean, when its clean, amazingly I can't find things, I even yell at my dad for organizing my bench while im in the middle of building a new car, I also, whenever I walk by my 1/12, I have 2 spin the diff a few times.
HK Racing Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 06:03 PM   #60
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mafiaracers Send a message via MSN to mafiaracers

Quote:
Originally posted by HKlosi
I can't have my bench clean, when its clean, amazingly I can't find things, I even yell at my dad for organizing my bench while im in the middle of building a new car, I also, whenever I walk by my 1/12, I have 2 spin the diff a few times.
I hear ya on that one!....my bench is a mess!, but I know exactly where everything is! I also randomly check on my cars....I'll walk by them in the garage and test the shocks, spin the diff, check to see if anyone's lookin' and smell the tires....ya know, wierd stuff like that!

MAFIA MOTORSPORTS
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/168239-pit-board.html

TEAM WAVE
www.teamwaveonline.com

TQ Racing Wire
www.tqracing.com
mafiaracers is offline   Reply With Quote