R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-29-2005, 01:19 PM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to primusblowsgoat Send a message via Yahoo to primusblowsgoat

well i dont do any of that, i always think about doing it tho, ive got ziplocks for the tires, but i never use them.

i always want to cycle batterys and keep records

i want to keep track of set ups and stuff

i want to do all kinds of lil things to help me figure out stuff and make the car better but i dont do anything really, my gf wont let me because it takes away from "OUR TIME"

i also always think about just owning one or two cars and concentrating on them, but i never can do it. i always end up trading or selling a car ive only had for a few months for something differnt just because. no good reason at all.

ive also thought about taking breaks saving some money and getting all the good stuff ive always wanted, but once sunday comes around that goes out the window and i go to the track
primusblowsgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 02:09 PM   #32
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Concentrating on a single chassis is key if you really want to improve. You can learn alot about how the car reacts if you continue to run just the one car. I've only had three different cars I've really raced on road since I started. I started with a TC3 and it just didn't fit my driving style. Went to Losi and liked the car but about 8 months ago found out about the new car so I started looking for other options and got a chance to run for Shumacher and am very happy with the decision.

But I do think what ever car you run you should stick with it if you like it to start and just concentrate on that and continue to make it faster.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 02:11 PM   #33
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack2
thats my kind of racer.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:42 PM   #34
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to greencactus3

well not a habit or anything more for conventionality but bending body clips. pretty sure most people do this. oh and my body clips will ALWAYS face outwards on my car. cant stand it if its not.
greencactus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 01:26 AM   #35
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon Kerr
Concentrating on a single chassis is key if you really want to improve. You can learn alot about how the car reacts if you continue to run just the one car. I've only had three different cars I've really raced on road since I started. I started with a TC3 and it just didn't fit my driving style. Went to Losi and liked the car but about 8 months ago found out about the new car so I started looking for other options and got a chance to run for Shumacher and am very happy with the decision.

But I do think what ever car you run you should stick with it if you like it to start and just concentrate on that and continue to make it faster.
Hello, my name is Chris....and I'm a chassis whore.

www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 01:28 AM   #36
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Drivetrain

one thing i noticed i do a lot is (anywhere) i remove the pinion gear and spin the drive train.. continuously. even when im talking to someone. at home watching a DVD. or waiting for my laundry. im sitting there spinning the drivetrain on my car (belt or shaft).
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 01:31 AM   #37
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Arrow

GOOD IDEA ...............

"He who dies with the most toys wins" - Phil Harris
Jack2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 01:51 AM   #38
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Re: Drivetrain

Quote:
Originally posted by Hebiki
one thing i noticed i do a lot is (anywhere) i remove the pinion gear and spin the drive train.. continuously. even when im talking to someone. at home watching a DVD. or waiting for my laundry. im sitting there spinning the drivetrain on my car (belt or shaft).
Me too...

When I wake up in the morning I spend about 15 minutes sitting by the desk spninning my SD's drivetrain.

I also noticed that I'm getting a little RC burnout just doing that. I sometimes find myself trying to find something else to do on weekends, like I'm fed up with RC already... Not exactly a bad sign considering the two new kits that just arrived on our LHS. Keeps my wallet happy
rough512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 04:56 AM   #39
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Drivetrain

Quote:
Originally posted by rough512

I also noticed that I'm getting a little RC burnout just doing that. I sometimes find myself trying to find something else to do on weekends,
this is normal i'm going through this as well. just do something else, and if you really miss RC you will come back to it. if you don't then you've found something that you consider to be even more interesting, and the void of RC has been filled! nothing wrong with that.

at the end of the day the worse thing that could occur is that you've expanded your horizons, met new people and learned something new
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 05:51 AM   #40
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

On a regular basis (before I leave for work, walking by my work area, etc..) I will hold the car at eye level and stare at it. I don't know what I'm looking for but it brings "calmness" and I can focus on other things (like eating, working, etc..)
ddesros2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 06:12 AM   #41
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to raving-monkey

one thing i find i do without thinking is when i change motors...i always take all the excess solder off the tabs when i take a motor out...for some reason i can't stand it being there....weird aint i?
raving-monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 07:40 AM   #42
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to primusblowsgoat Send a message via Yahoo to primusblowsgoat

everytime i walk by my work area(its in my living room) i have to touch something there even if my stuff is still packed in my car from racing the weekend before(my stuff is still in my car from sunday, and my 12l4 and xxxs are in the front seat), ill touch an old motor or a can of spray paint or an old body lol, just to get my fix.

its like when crack heads are broke so they pull a tooth out and smoke it just to get a fix lmao
primusblowsgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 08:10 AM   #43
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to GroffBall

My car must always be together and working. I can not let it sit in pieces, or broken. I can't stand it.... Two weeks ago I broke a part that needed to be shipped from Hong Kong, that wasn't good enough I had to break the dremel out and engineer a different part on. I can't stand to see it in pieces.
GroffBall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 08:51 AM   #44
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Hebiki
Hello, my name is Chris....and I'm a chassis whore.

Yes you are. Not as bad as Randy though
Old 03-30-2005, 09:23 AM   #45
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 158 (100%+)

Thanks guys for making me feel "normal" Jon, I have done the ziplok / tire thing forever and try to write the date they were first used..gotta try and mark the number of runs.
How about cutting all your coms and going through all your motors at home. I've almost stopped cutting coms at the track. I just pull out a fresh one and drop it in Oh, and rotate your tires after each run....
This is like a 12 step program for R/C fanatics..
Team Associated TC7.1
Team Associated F6
Fran is offline   Reply With Quote