Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Possibly starting new onroad track >

Possibly starting new onroad track

Possibly starting new onroad track

Old 10-19-2012, 02:44 PM
  #1  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 73
Default Possibly starting new onroad track

So I need some info from some members on tech. The area that I'm working with is 65ft long by 60ft wide. Is that long enough to run 17.5 blinky touring?? Does anyone have info on the square piping that I see a lot of tracks use?? Also what is a typical lane width?? Any help or info would be greatly appreciated!
Pinionizer is offline  
Old 10-19-2012, 03:56 PM
  #2  
Suspended
iTrader: (16)
 
rcpaintinpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: PALMBAY FLORIDA
Posts: 2,739
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Pinionizer View Post
So I need some info from some members on tech. The area that I'm working with is 65ft long by 60ft wide. Is that long enough to run 17.5 blinky touring?? Does anyone have info on the square piping that I see a lot of tracks use?? Also what is a typical lane width?? Any help or info would be greatly appreciated!
Kind of small but better then not racing at all I'm guessing your going carpet
If so we have had a lot of fun on a track smaller then that in Florida
The box PVC is from CRC racing or calandra I think
Lane width should be about 8 to 10 ft
I will se if I can find you a link on the track

Good luck hope you can get it going
rcpaintinpete is offline  
Old 10-19-2012, 04:14 PM
  #3  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 73
Default

Yes the building already has a commercial grade carpet installed. Does anyone run 21.5 touring??
Pinionizer is offline  
Old 10-19-2012, 04:26 PM
  #4  
Suspended
iTrader: (16)
 
rcpaintinpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: PALMBAY FLORIDA
Posts: 2,739
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Pinionizer View Post
Yes the building already has a commercial grade carpet installed. Does anyone run 21.5 touring??
It's not the grade of carpet it's the static you have to watch out for makes cars glitch that's why we have special racing carpet
rcpaintinpete is offline  
Old 10-19-2012, 04:27 PM
  #5  
Suspended
iTrader: (16)
 
rcpaintinpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: PALMBAY FLORIDA
Posts: 2,739
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

http://www.teamcrc.com/crc/modules.p...howpage&pid=11
rcpaintinpete is offline  
Old 10-20-2012, 12:09 AM
  #6  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,567
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

2" square pvc downspout from your local hardware store. Use 2x2 (I think) wood blocks in the ends as connectors. Screw it into one pipe, then slip the other on. Squares of industrial strength velcro on each end and the middle hold them in place, with bricks velcroed down behind the pipe where people are more likely to hit it. Works awesome, inexpensive, and very fast to set up and tear down.

There's another thread on here somewhere where Kody posted some good info on how our track is constructed.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline  
Old 10-20-2012, 02:47 AM
  #7  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
Radio Active's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Posts: 7,128
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Pinionizer View Post
Yes the building already has a commercial grade carpet installed. Does anyone run 21.5 touring??
In Australia 21.5 blinky touring is a very popular class. It's the most commonly used entry class for onroad here.
Radio Active is offline  
Old 10-20-2012, 05:44 AM
  #8  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 73
Default

Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
2" square pvc downspout from your local hardware store. Use 2x2 (I think) wood blocks in the ends as connectors. Screw it into one pipe, then slip the other on. Squares of industrial strength velcro on each end and the middle hold them in place, with bricks velcroed down behind the pipe where people are more likely to hit it. Works awesome, inexpensive, and very fast to set up and tear down.

There's another thread on here somewhere where Kody posted some good info on how our track is constructed.

-Mike
Mike that's an awesome idea for the downspout!!! Thank you. Could you post a link to your track so I can see some pictures?? That would be great. Thanks again.
Pinionizer is offline  
Old 10-20-2012, 05:43 PM
  #9  
Tech Apprentice
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 73
Default

The big question is will we get traction on carpet that is not designed for racing?? Does anyone else run on different carpets around the world?? Any input on that would be great. Thanks.
Pinionizer is offline  
Old 10-21-2012, 07:54 AM
  #10  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (22)
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,934
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

It's hard to say. Not only that the nap on the carpet can pull the cars one way or the other. Just try running the cars around on it before you do anything and you'll find out pretty fast
robk is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.