R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-23-2005, 09:45 PM   #16
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Schumacher is the Take Off Importer for the US. I can assure you that Take Off will continue to make CS tires for a very long time. The CS27 id the most popular racing tire in the US today. Our best seller is the pre-mount version CS27GL(used at the IFMAR Worlds, 3 US and 2 UK Reedy Races, 3 ROAR Nationals, 4 Novak Races, etc). There are no plans to stop selling Premount tires.

Quote:
didn't we have a thread about this a while ago? that theres gonna be a new line(brand) between sorex and takeoffs. forgot what they were called tho.
The new Take Off RP series tires (RP24,30,36,40) are all Take Off. They have nothing to do with Sorex tires other than they were designed to run head to head with them. They are faster than the CS tires but don't wear as well. They are in between Sorex and CS in life span. FYI, the RP30GL was chosen by the Reedy Race organizers for the 2005 Reedy Race at the Tamiya facility.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 09:46 PM   #17
Tech Champion

Doh! PW beat me to it!
Old 03-23-2005, 09:54 PM   #18
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by PW
Blackkat....Sheldon's Hobbies is still setup as a dealer with Schumacher and can have any TakeOff product on their shelves by Friday morning! The "nice, affordable pre-mounted tires" are here to stay....Just need to place the order
Thanks P-Dub,

Brendan left us a memo saying spread the word, APS Premounts were no more. If we still get them thats cool with me. Theyr'e quick sellers

-Dan
BlackKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 10:24 AM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Paul- just doing what I can to stop the rumor mill. And I don't know what was meant by "nice"," affordable" pre-mounts going away, pricing is the same.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:39 PM   #20
Tech Master

Same pricing...to what? The only premounted tires the shops in my area I've been to are Take-Off's. They are affordable compared to stuff like Sorex.

Whats with the negative tone Scott? I was only repeating what my manager told me. Obviously hes wrong....Don't kill the messanger eh?
Old 03-24-2005, 01:47 PM   #21
Tech Master

The aps pre-mounts were great products, But it is around the same price than buying separte wheels and tires and inserts. My only complaint about the speedmind wheels that come with the pre-mount is that it's just a little heavier than other wheels. Other than than the pre-mounts were a good idea.
axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 02:26 PM   #22
Tech Fanatic

I was not going after the messanger, sorry

As far as the price, I was refering Take-Off pre-mount price to the APS pre-mounts.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:44 PM   #23
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by axel
The aps pre-mounts were great products, But it is around the same price than buying separte wheels and tires and inserts. My only complaint about the speedmind wheels that come with the pre-mount is that it's just a little heavier than other wheels. Other than than the pre-mounts were a good idea.
Take Off Pre-mounts on Take Off Rims have been avialable for over 4 years and they are still our most popular tire product. We were selling them before Speedmind and will continue to sell them for a very long time.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:07 PM   #24
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by PW
Yes, www.superiorhobbies.com orders CS27's by the hundreds and ALWAYS has stock

I guess we are pretty spoiled having Superior Hobbies
we have a few killer hobby shops! and yes it's like walking into a car action magazine! both superior and TQ have it all!
UCHEATULOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 09:47 PM   #25
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Welte
I was not going after the messanger, sorry
Scott. Its all cool dude

The problem NorCal racers seemed to occur with the standard premounts is they keep blowing out the rims.

Axel: Over here at Sheldon's its only a few more bucks to glue our own tire. Premounts are slightly cheaper once you figure in rims