Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I aim to please!
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 02:52 PM   #212
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by TimPotter
we will have a bunch of geezers trying to beat the young hotshoes from the rest of the world.
Leave Eli out of this!!!

Zsheeeeeeesh!
MCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 03:00 PM   #213
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Greg Anthony
I aim to please!
LOL
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 03:00 PM   #214

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

He is the fastest quaker in the nation you know, lol
Old 03-28-2005, 04:01 PM   #215
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Greg Anthony
Even a blind squirl finds a nut every now and then.....
lol
AlanLim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 04:53 PM   #216
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smyka

mark talk to eric about that this is his race i was just asked to come (bye the way i dont have any mod pcks either so learn how not to pull the trigger everywhere hahahahahha)
smyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 05:50 PM   #217
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to stormperson

Smkya- its not that i am oppose to lifting for corners, its that my speedo doesnt have current limiting so when i hit walls i kill my runtime
stormperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 07:42 PM   #218
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Josh Cyrul

In terms of 19T rules I think the oval 19T rules would help the class be even more as people who compete in in would be using modified teardowns that they can easily throw a mod arm in and practice or race on a club level. The current standard makes everyone buy different motors for 19T and mod......

now that is post of the month! fixed timing has got to go!

hey josh while your fixing the roar rules for classes..could you fix nascar and bush racing as well? lot's of guys from nascar run bush and the nascar guys keep taking the cash and spotlight away from the up and coming racers as well! mark martin is 85 years old and still runs bush races?

being a oval racer i always use nascar as an example some how,lol. i think "stock" needs to be changed to "noob" these guys wouldn't enter the noob class at the nats and be proud of winning it! lol the 2005 "noob" national champion is.......

would be nice if roar made the 19 turn rules the same for every electric car oval or otherwise...and it would inspire alot more guys to travel to a national if they knew the "factory" teams would stay out of the "noob" class. heck i would buy a touring car and try my luck! well....... let's not get crazy.
UCHEATULOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 11:36 PM   #219
Tech Apprentice

WOW. I just read this post top to bottom and learned more about our "hobby" then the 19 years I've been racin'.

A wise man (Ray Williams) once told me , "Remember, it's just a hobby. Have fun racin' "
Old 03-29-2005, 08:56 AM   #220
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alex Lopez

PREACH ON BROTHA WILLIAM!!
Alex Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 10:36 AM   #221
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: Moving them up...

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
If I were 20 or even just 10 years younger than I am now and I showed any promise at this-I would be running modified. I would be running Mod to try and quailify for and run competitively in the IFMAR World Championships. The sad truth is I am 40 this year and qualifying for the IFMAR World Championships is not in my future.

I guess we as American racers maybe dont hold in high regards the Worlds???

Maybe its all in how we are all wired. When i raced bicycles in college-I couldnt wait to become a USCF Cat3. I moved up way before I was able to win all those Cat4 Money Criteriums. When I became a Cat.3 all I wanted was to become a Cat2 so I could do Olympic trials.

I think the Current Pros need to all take so called apprentices under there wings that they find at there local tracks, etc. and develop some top level pro-caliber drivers. Groom them for top level international success.I am sure many pros already do that exact same thing. And the manufacturers have got to notice these guys and bring them to a Worlds-no pressure-just show up and experience it. Then two years later-OK-now some pressure-make the top 30. Then finally in there third attempt at the Worlds -Go for it!!

Again-looking at other sports-there is the Red Bull program trying to get Americans into F1. Maybe we need something similar.

Dang it Ray your 40 years old! Your younger then I thought!
Old 03-29-2005, 10:49 AM   #222
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Here's some politics for you:

It seems that "team driving" is encouraged since it helps sell cars, in the end. I propose that I would want nothing to do with a company that silently (or openly) advocates questionable practices like this to further their agenda. Team drivers are ambassadors of the companies they represent, and their actions, as far as I'm concerned, speak directly about said company's approach to the sport. The stories I read about how things went down at the Snowbirds (in mod) directly affected my buying decision when I decided to switch to sedan racing.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 01:49 PM   #223
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alex Lopez

Quote:
Originally posted by syndr0me
Here's some politics for you:

It seems that "team driving" is encouraged since it helps sell cars, in the end. I propose that I would want nothing to do with a company that silently (or openly) advocates questionable practices like this to further their agenda. Team drivers are ambassadors of the companies they represent, and their actions, as far as I'm concerned, speak directly about said company's approach to the sport. The stories I read about how things went down at the Snowbirds (in mod) directly affected my buying decision when I decided to switch to sedan racing.
Whatever the case might be as far as what affected your decision not to buy an Xray, I hope it isn't a false accusation that affected it. There was no team driving whatsoever in the Touring Mod main at the Snowbirds. With all due respect to the ability of Mike Blackstock, he wasn't going to catch Jilles.
Alex Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 02:03 PM   #224
JKA
Tech Master

Just because Jilles was on fire and Blackstock wouldn't have caught him doesn't make "the incident" okay. lol

That said, buy an Xray. You should never put yourself at a competitive disadvantage for such silliness!
JKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 02:12 PM   #225
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ Bradley
The rules should be changed so that you can only one 1 tc class and one 1/12 class. offer stock(non sponsored drivers), 19t(drivers who are sponsored but have real jobs too),mod(pro drivers who get paid to race and anyone who thinks they have something for them). this would help 1/12 scale grow also.
This is exactly what should happen. Also eliminate stock as a national championship class in all disciplines. And maybe even 19t.

Give the Nationals the prestige of a World Championship by determining the single BEST driver and leave it at that. Then individual accomplishment can be awarded from among the finishers (highest finishing privateer, sportsman, Over-40, junior, etc.).
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote