PREACH THE GOOD WORD!!!!
Old 03-27-2005, 02:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Alex Lopez
PRAISE THE LORD!!!
PREACH THE GOOD WORD!!!!
Alex,

On the Ask Alex Lopez thread you posted the following on 10-19-2004 at 01:55 PM in a response to the question from Mike Blackstock when you were going to drop the skirt and race mod:

"Blackstock- Dont worry old man, I mean that in the nicest way, no more stock for me. Mod from here on out. I'll be racing at the worlds."

Oh yeah also:

"Can I get a YAYOO?!?!?!?!"
Old 03-27-2005, 03:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

It does take mad skills to race stock and win at the level that alex does,Where I race at in stock i can and do win,when the mod drivers go "sluming" and run stock they dont run off and leave us,in fact most of the time we run off and leave them.. In fact I bought an Xray because it DOES do well in the stock and 19 class,I dont really care much about mod..to much driver.. I think in stock your car has a bit more to do with going fast..I could be wrong..but Alex is still my Hero..
Old 03-27-2005, 04:36 PM
Tech Adept

It's about time for someone to get all the sponsored guys out of stock. Considering stock is supposed to be the NOVICE class it just never made sense, to me, having sponsored guys in stock.

I know I've tried and tried to run mod locally and all the fast guys in stock just won't do it. They say it's too expensive but with the new batch of mod motors having so much more life in them between rebuilds it really isn't anymore expensive than stock. If I could just get them to realize that.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Brian Anthony
Alex,

On the Ask Alex Lopez thread you posted the following on 10-19-2004 at 01:55 PM in a response to the question from Mike Blackstock when you were going to drop the skirt and race mod:

"Blackstock- Dont worry old man, I mean that in the nicest way, no more stock for me. Mod from here on out. I'll be racing at the worlds."

Oh yeah also:

so what you guys are crying he ran this he ran that you said this. Who the fu@k cares! His sponser probably told him too.

Alex has been running Mod in our state series and also ran mod at the Norrca nats he did keep his word. He also ran at the worlds also . He has been keeping his word but when mister Big E speaks and he gives you the equipment to run, it pretty much means you do what he says. You do it if you like getting free stuff and your travel taking care off .

So in reality back off the kid he did what he said he would unfortunatly his boss is whom alot of you dont like.

Want to talk about team driving lets talk about the c0@k blocking that was done to blackstock!

Sorry that Iam sticking up for Alex but if I didnt know his intentions I wouldnt. Trust me he is not running stock to sandbag but being told to. His running mod around here is enough to back him up.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

This whole business about keeping mod drivers out of 19T, and only allowing one TC class per race would ruin my fun at those big races.

I don't want to hang around for hours just to run one class. I go to these races to race, and would like to race as much as possible. If the first turn wreck breaks my car, it'd be nice to have another class to look forward to. Imagine going to Cleveland or Snowbirds for just one class, then getting peeled in a first turn wreck during the main. What a waste!

Likewise, when I run 19T, it's cool to have the chance to run against the pro-mod drivers.

Granted those suggestions were aimed at sponsored drivers, which I am not (nor should be), but they would affect "hobby-ists" like myself.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

wow..!! you guy's are all too funny.....
Old 03-27-2005, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

haha fernando, it only gets better lol
Old 03-28-2005, 06:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Brian Anthony
Alex,

Oh yeah also:

You are absolutely right... I did say i was going to stop running stock and run mod, but that was when i had time to practice. Luckly, i will soon be hitting the track and practice more and more as the weeks progress.

A-LO

and by the way.........YAYOO!
Old 03-28-2005, 06:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by TimPotter
Great Post Josh, and it took a respected pro to make that comment for the guys to repsond positively. If a schmoe like me makes that comment, It just starts a barrage of posts that basically say "Step Up" to beat the fast guys in stock. Guys like Smyka, Cuffs, Lopez... like it or not, are the future National Champs in mod, but if they never step up, we will have a bunch of geezers trying to beat the young hotshoes from the rest of the world. After the Worlds, thier was alot of comments on why the USA totally got owned, well, maybe with some new talent coming up to mod, it will start to push the best in the USA to be faster.
Yup-Remember I started a thread a month or two ago about this exact thing. And I didnt get that much flack about it-but no pros really posted any comments on it. Thanks Josh, Toso, Flack, etc. for putting in your 0.02 cents here.

It is true-we are NOT training our best and brightest to run IFMAR worlds. We are training them to go for travel money, free hotel and entry fees to win big stock races.

Again I give kudos to Flack and Ciccarello and Love and others whom I dont know who are stepping it up and running mod.

Ray
Old 03-28-2005, 10:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Smyka,

Don't Leave Stock, who will I peel in the Main It's just not the same peeling a back-marker....
Old 03-28-2005, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by John Tortorice
Smyka,

Don't Leave Stock, who will I peel in the Main It's just not the same peeling a back-marker....
Little Guapo's a pimp!!!
Old 03-28-2005, 11:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Alex Lopez
You are absolutely right... I did say i was going to stop running stock and run mod, but that was when i had time to practice. Luckly, i will soon be hitting the track and practice more and more as the weeks progress.

A-LO

and by the way.........YAYOO!
I have read everything here and pretty much everyone has summed up what I always thought. Stock should be for the novice types and then move up as you can. The track I race at is doing good to get 5 touring cars racing....and about 40 oval cars. Recently we dropped stock and just run 19T because we thought it would make us better so that when we do get a chance to go to other tracks we would have some exp.

The only thing that has bothered me here and I may have taken it out of context but the above quote says to me that you were going to run mod but since you didnt get enough practice time you would just drop back to stock where you know you could win.

I may have taken it wrong but its attitudes like that that made it difficult to race with some people in the past when they would drop down in classes just for easy wins. Kinda discourages everyone else that thought they were going to be racing against people more on their level.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

my dad always told me if you want to have lots of money you hang out with PEOPLE WHO HAVE MONEY.

same goes for racing... if you want to learn how to drive and go faster YOU RACE WITH THE FAST GUYS.

my two cents worth. and yes I don't care if you like them or not.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

john you will have your chance to peel me again soon enough your car is good eounght to run mod . i would also like to say dont count me on being one of the up and comming young mod drivers i remember seeing josh and david runnig mod in cleveland when they were probally in their teen's still i am already a old man compared to them(shit i am older then josh and not to far behind david) to make the jump but i am and will not look back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.