R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-24-2005, 06:07 AM   #46
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Doug, that whole S-storm was pounded into the ground on the Starting Grid forum. There were some questions about exclusivity.
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 06:44 AM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by jiml
OK, so how many of you guys are running for Vice President?

Quote:
Also up for election are the odd number regional directors. I expect to see at least 3 candidates for each region.[/B]
Hope that happens. Would be good for a change.

Quote:
Oh, can someone tell me how many tracks put in bids for the carpet national? [/B]
I think there were 3. But I am not positive. At least I know there were more than 1.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:32 AM   #48
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to kt racing

ROARprez,
Whats up no comment on all the things that are being talked about ? I think there is about 30 things listed from everyone in earlier post. So are you just going to read the post and not talk about them. I mean that is your job right to run roar, to solve problems that tracks and racers are having with roar. To support the racers and tracks. Because lets face it that is who pays for roar.
keith
kt racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 07:54 AM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (99%+)

Keith- I started to pos teh exact same thing in the ROAR Nats thread last night but never did!

I am glad I am not the only one that thinks these issuse need to be addressed here in OUR forum the PEOPLES... Oh sorry got carried away!

I also thought it was funny that the Region Dir. that was the cause of some problems came on and acted as if nothing ever happened.
imprsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 09:38 AM   #50
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Boomer Send a message via AIM to Boomer

Keith - I believe that Rick sticks pretty much to the ROAR area or to other specific (like car specific) threads.

You could PM him about the thread and then I'm sure he would read it, but not sure if he'd reply here.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:45 AM   #51
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alex Lopez

BIG DOG RACING FOR ROAR PRESIDENT!!!! YOU OLE SNICKER DOODLE YOU!!!
Alex Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 09:50 AM   #52
Tech Regular

Adrian

ROAR didn't send a rep to an IFMAR Worlds held on US soil? I would love to hear the reasoning behind that...

Todd Putnam
Putnam Propulsion
www.putnampropulsion.com
Todd Putnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 09:51 AM   #53
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to kt racing

[QUOTE]You could PM him about the thread and then I'm sure he would read it, but not sure if he'd reply here

he has already read the this thread he posted on it earlier, he just hasn't commented on any of the problems or solutions.
kt racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 10:10 AM   #54
Tech Adept

Default Worlds

Actually there was a ROAR Representative at the Worlds, Mike Queller the current ROAR VP.

I have addressed most of these issues on onther threads at this same website.

Mistakes happen at Nationals. ROAR is an orgainzation run by clubs. Some events run more smoothly than others. This past event had some serious issues.

The entire ROAR ExCom is discussing this event and looking for ways to quickly imporve the system. I do follow thes threads and make sure you points are understood and discussed by the ExCom.

The system of ROAR is that each member of the ExCom has equal votes in making changes based on your suggestions. Not all suggestions are implemented but I can assure you they are known and discussed.

Please keep your input coming it is absolutely necessary to help improve ROAR.

Based on this last event a entirely new system is being discussed with ROAR providing the Race Management team to an event. In the end we take over the running of the event and pay the track for use of the facility. This would provide more consistency at the events. This is a very large change in our structure. I'm not sure if the entire or majority of the ExCom will agree but I do feel it is step in providing better nationals.
ROARprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 10:17 AM   #55
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Worlds

Quote:
Originally posted by ROARprez
Actually there was a ROAR Representative at the Worlds, Mike Queller the current ROAR VP.
Where was he hiding at then? Those of us that attended the race knew nothing of this....

Last edited by Greg Anthony; 03-24-2005 at 10:39 AM.
Greg Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 10:18 AM   #56
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

That sounds very promising. Thanks for letting us know what is being looked at by the ExComm to help improve the system.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:22 AM   #57
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Worlds

Quote:
Originally posted by ROARprez

The system of ROAR is that each member of the ExCom has equal votes in making changes based on your suggestions. Not all suggestions are implemented but I can assure you they are known and discussed.

Why don't you add the Region directors to the list and allow them to have an equal vote. The more people there are voting that are in the know the better it is for the racers. With only 2 members of the Excomm being in the midwest area and the rest being out west the only way the the rest of the Regions can be represented is by there region director.

As to the Worlds issue of not being an offical from ROAR. I can say for a fact that the only day the offical was at the track was the day of the Mains for ISTC. Not during any of 12th scale nor any qualifying for the ISTC. Also, the US team had to vote on the first day of 12th scale who the team rep would be because no one was there.
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 10:53 AM   #58
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by raffaelli
Hope that happens. Would be good for a change.
Yea but you know it won't. People jump up and down complaining about things, but when it comes to actually doing something, they scurry back into the woodwork.

Quote:
I think there were 3. But I am not positive. At least I know there were more than 1.
According to Dawn, there were zero bids before the deadline. It was after the deadline that Hobby Chamber stepped up.
jiml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 10:57 AM   #59
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by jiml
Yea but you know it won't. People jump up and down complaining about things, but when it comes to actually doing something, they scurry back into the woodwork.

According to Dawn, there were zero bids before the deadline. It was after the deadline that Hobby Chamber stepped up.
In another post they said the same tracks, Hobby Chamber and Halo Hobbies, were the only ones to put in bids for on-road and oval Nats. Because of were Nats were last year was why they were given to the respective tracks.
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 11:24 AM   #60
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

When do I get to vote on who gets chosen for the ExCom?
sstoffer is offline   Reply With Quote