R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default TC6.1 gearing (rollout) question - noob alert!

Hello,
I'm a noobie to the rctech forum, and to on road cars. So, please be gentle...

Here's what I have:

TC6.1
Tekin Redline 10.5
Tekin RS Pro esc (new esc - timing at 0)

This car will not be raced. It is going to be a street / parking lot basher. Maybe torment a few of the neighborhood kids and/or animals with it.

What would be some good rollout numbers or range for this car? Is there a good "all around" rollout range for my car? Maybe even a good starting point?
I've been searching the forum and the web, but all the rollout numbers I'm finding are race spec, and for different motor and esc than what I have.

Thanks a ton for the help and input!!!
2-shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:32 PM   #2
Tech Master

I'm getting tired of the gearing questions everywhere. How come I never have any gearing question myself ? Guess what, I figure it out by myself. One rule: if its hot, you're wrong. And leave the animals alone, they haven't done anything to you.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Take it easy dude. The guy was just asking a question. Nobody wants to turn a motor into a paper weight. Don't forget, this is a forum for technical info, not your bitching. If you don't want to answer, than don't. It's people like you that are ruining this hobby and discouraging new people from getting into rc. It's already costing an arm and a leg, now there are jack asses like you. Relax, these are toy cars. You probably have to figure it out yourself because nobody wants to pit or associate with you.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:03 PM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger View Post
Take it easy dude. The guy was just asking a question. Nobody wants to turn a motor into a paper weight. Don't forget, this is a forum for technical info, not your bitching. If you don't want to answer, than don't. It's people like you that are ruining this hobby and discouraging new people from getting into rc. It's already costing an arm and a leg, now there are jack asses like you. Relax, these are toy cars. You probably have to figure it out yourself because nobody wants to pit or associate with you.
+1 on that.
Sean B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #5
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-shot View Post
Hello,
I'm a noobie to the rctech forum, and to on road cars. So, please be gentle...

Here's what I have:

TC6.1
Tekin Redline 10.5
Tekin RS Pro esc (new esc - timing at 0)

This car will not be raced. It is going to be a street / parking lot basher. Maybe torment a few of the neighborhood kids and/or animals with it.

What would be some good rollout numbers or range for this car? Is there a good "all around" rollout range for my car? Maybe even a good starting point?
I've been searching the forum and the web, but all the rollout numbers I'm finding are race spec, and for different motor and esc than what I have.

Thanks a ton for the help and input!!!
Where in west michigan are you?
You should come race it, way more fun. We have some pretty good drivers around here who are willing to help.
Sorry I cant answer your question though, not familiar with TC 6
Old 10-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #6
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretic View Post
I'm getting tired of the gearing questions everywhere. How come I never have any gearing question myself ? Guess what, I figure it out by myself. One rule: if its hot, you're wrong. And leave the animals alone, they haven't done anything to you.
You sir are an Azz...
hdzrtmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:37 PM   #7
Tech Addict

I figure, who better to answer my question, or help me find the answer to my question? The guys that have the experience!!! Obviously, I'm wrong. I didn't think I was asking someone to totally set up my car! Just wanted a starting point!

Heretic, you have never asked anyone, anywhere a question on how to do something, or where to find info - never?!?! Whatever's up your a$$, needs to come out and be released!!! If you're getting tired of gearing questions, then quit reading the freakin' posts asking gearing questions!! Problem solved!! You're complaint is kind of compared to, "jamming this rusty nail into my hand really hurts, but I want to keep doing it for no reason!". Go take a laxative, you'll feel better in the morning!!!

trigger and Sean B,
Thanks for backing me up!!!
Old 10-05-2012, 10:41 PM   #8
Tech Addict

Sean B,
I'm located between Grand Rapids and Holland. Actually, I'm in Hudsonville.

Where are you?
Old 10-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #9
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean B. View Post
+1 on that.
+2
starrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger View Post
+2
starrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:48 AM   #11
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-shot View Post
Sean B,
I'm located between Grand Rapids and Holland. Actually, I'm in Hudsonville.

Where are you?
Ah, Michigan's salad bowl!

I'm in GR. You should come race with us this winter, or at least check it out at Rogers Plaza. We have some world class drivers here.
For your original question, maybe post it in the TC6.1 thread. Someone may answer more quickly for you in that thread
Old 10-06-2012, 10:02 AM   #12
Tech Adept

I'm on 87 spur and 26t pinion on a 10.5 Nosram x12 motor, running boost though.

Hope this helps.
Headling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #13
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

TC uses FDR not rollout, rollout is for foam tire pan cars...
FDR for your 6.1 is spur/pinion x 2.0= FDR, I would say somewhere around a 6.0 FDR..

Sell that car to and actual racer or go race it....

Pick up one of these to "bash"...

http://www.redrc.net/2012/10/traxxas...ar/#more-58863
Logi Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #14
Tech Addict

Thanks for the info regarding FDR. I was told that I should go by rollout, but I guess I was told wrong. Just figuring the final drive ratio makes it a little easier.

I think I'll keep my TC6.1! When I say "bash", I don't mean beating the crap out of it! Sorry, I use the term "bash" differently from others. I guess I should have said that I am going to run it on the street and parking lots, just to mess around with. My mistake, bad choice of words.
I may end up racing it in the near future. I was enlightened by Sean B., that there is an indoor track close to me, that I didn't know about!!!
Being my first on road car, I have to get used to it and get in a little different frame of mind from what I'm used to (offroad). Just had a few questions to get me rolling.
As for getting a TC6.1, I figure that I should get a car that will grow with me (as far as skill and knowledge goes), rather than getting an entry level car that I will out grow in a few months. I know, it sounds cheesy as hell!

Thanks for the help and input, I really appreciate it!!!
Old 12-07-2012, 04:34 PM   #15
Tech Rookie

Wow first time here but that was rude,I bet the dog part was a joke,and the only stupid question ,is the one not asked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heretic View Post
billy bones is offline   Reply With Quote