R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-05-2012, 08:47 AM   #16
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyDude View Post
How long does it usually take to get (to the USA) the package? I have never ordered anything from overseas hobby shops before.

However, I have mostly run Associated and Losi stuff so getting parts was no problem. I was thinking about getting a Tamiya car, except it seems like parts are difficult to get.
7-10 business days is typical from HK to ATL for me. Sometimes the package goes through NY and some times the packages goes through CA, but it takes about the same amount of time whether it goes clockwise or counter clockwise.

Also, most HK package tracking numbers can be tracked through the USPS since there is an international standard on those numbers. So that smartphone app you have to track your USPS/DHL/UPS/FedEx packages can track the HK Post package as well.

3 3Racing Sakura Zeros: Mustang Boss VTA // Lexus LFA USGT // MazdaSpeed 6 TC
Mini M03 & M05
Life is better with a soundtrack
FauxMako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:02 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyDude View Post
How long does it usually take to get (to the USA) the package? I have never ordered anything from overseas hobby shops before.

However, I have mostly run Associated and Losi stuff so getting parts was no problem. I was thinking about getting a Tamiya car, except it seems like parts are difficult to get.
Tamiya parts are not difficult to get. Your LHS should be able to get everything that Tamiyausa has. If they can't, or won't, help you the best place to order from would be Speedtech or TQ. Both of those shops are in the USA and have some of the best customer support you will find.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #18
Tech Rookie

I ordered a host of Tamiya parts a little while back from RCMarket that showed out of stock along with some parts in stock.

They emailed to confirm that some parts were out of stock so could not ship them and offered the chance to cancel the order for those parts. I said I wasn't desperate for those parts so left the order on.

Within about 10 days more emails to confirm shipping and then items arrived shortly afterwards. Can't fault the service really!
ade_7 is offline   Reply With Quote