Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Capricorn 190mm EP >

Capricorn 190mm EP

Capricorn 190mm EP

Old 10-25-2012, 09:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile

There is no need to buy a kit to go on a thread.... The product needs to make you want to buy it, and you can't decide just on a name.... I am sure the Capricorn nitro Car's success will ease things up for their electric TC, but most racers do need these pics, and vids to be persuaded that buying Capricorn is the right move for them....
Old 10-25-2012, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HB-forever
I can return the question , do You know that it has been testet ? I dont think so , as absolut no pictures has been showed. Not even a prototype , other than the Titan R10.

Pace out of the box , sorry , I dont buy your statment , not even in formula 1 the is a winner straight away.
I actually do know since I'm a lot more involved in the development process.

Regarding F1, remember Brawn Gp?

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Please post a video demo, or some sort of sign of existence other than CAD's..... It's been a few pages already for a ghost prototype.....
Patience, I hope to post a full build report and track test very soon.

Originally Posted by John Doucakis
Guys I think there is no need for aggressive comments. It is common for Capricorn to follow that path of introducing a new kit. They did the same a couple of years ago with their 1/8 onroad car C801. They had shown some nice CAD images, then shipped the prototypes right before the IFMAR WC warm up race and the car was right on the pace.
I do agree that in nitro racing they have far more experience and knowledge so the chances of designing a new car performing well right away were higher, but nevertheless their EP tourer cannot be that far off the pace.
About quality I don't know as I have never built one but their nitro cars do look stunning and if the electric car follows the same philosophy it should be quite good.
I have assembled Xray and Awesomatix cars and I do agree that they are the very top in quality.

John
http://jdandracing.blogspot.com
Exactly

At Capricorn they have shown that they have the capability and engineering knowledge to come up with cars which are competitive straight away.
I agree it will be more difficult in the EP class since the level is simply higher compared to nitro and it's more about the fine details.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Whens the car due for release! Any photos yet??
Old 11-02-2012, 04:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It has pivot ball toe blocks, solid looking bumper and the steering rack is not butt backwards so I give it the ok. lol

Originally Posted by heretic
Yes, not much to comment... until Rcknight arrives, haha ;- )

It should be a good car, no doubt.

It's incredible how many manufacturers are launching electric TC's these days. That gives us:

Tamiya
Kyosho
VBC
Capricorn
Yokomo
Xray
HB
Serpent
Team magic
AE
Spec R
3 racing
Corally
Schumacher
Team titan
Awesomatix

That's 17 manufacturers with a high-end TC ! incredible, it's just the widest diversity any RC class has ever seen at any time, for sure. And I'm not even counting varitions within brands ( CEFX, RSD, Exotek... )
Old 11-03-2012, 05:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by xray man
Whens the car due for release! Any photos yet??
Nope not yet and unfortunately Capricorn postponed the release because of the Worlds...

First kits should have been shipped to me this week, but unfortunately as said before they have postponed it, not sure if they will ship next week or the week after as it is now...
Old 11-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Tech Adept

Default Spare parts for the LAB-TE01

Hereīs the latest price list from Capricorn...

Sorry still no manual or pictures, but at least you can have any idea of the parts prices...

Thanks....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TE01 Pricelist 0111-2012.pdf (53.0 KB, 878 views)
Old 11-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Tech Adept

http://www.capricornrc.nl/Webwinkel-...orn-TE-01.html
Old 11-05-2012, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

This thing looks almost identical to the ARC 10 except for the steering slider..
Old 11-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Tech Adept

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...e=STRK:MESE:IT
Old 11-05-2012, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

That's a strange ad how can you ask for pre orders without even one pic of the car?.....idk about you guys but the way this company is trying to release this car is very strange to me .....and why would the pre order be on eBay and not there site ? Unless I missed it on there site but still very odd.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

$638 bucks.......that's a joke right? Why not get a Yok or Tamiya or Xray....all of which have been in the "A" at several big races?
Old 11-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Enough of drawings. .
We want to see photos...
Old 11-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by theatriks
That's a strange ad how can you ask for pre orders without even one pic of the car?.....idk about you guys but the way this company is trying to release this car is very strange to me .....and why would the pre order be on eBay and not there site ? Unless I missed it on there site but still very odd.
A lot of companies already start a pre order when they only have cad pictures up. Imho you don't need actual pictures if you can produce some good renders.
I do agree we need some better pictures, but I would be satisfied with some full color renders.
The ebay site is just a reseller, not Capricorn themselves.
They will add it to the site when it's available.

Originally Posted by The Teacher
$638 bucks.......that's a joke right? Why not get a Yok or Tamiya or Xray....all of which have been in the "A" at several big races?
I'm selling the car for $517 including shipping to customers outside the EU.
The €490 is the European price which includes tax (20%)

The car just won the warm up for the Italian nationals last week.
It TQ'd, won the finals, and set a new track record!.

They are currently finishing up on the manual and are waiting on some aluminum parts.
Next week the Nitro worlds will start in Thailand, basically the entire team will head out to Thailand so everything will be on halt for two weeks.

After they return from the worlds all information will be up asap and the kits will be shipped out to the dealers.

Some more details:

For the pulleys and geardiff Capricorn uses a specially Kevlar/ PTFE enhanced plastic. This gives very low wear and a smoother drivetrain. Because of the PTFE dirt doesn't stick to the pulleys, this keeps them a lot cleaner and frees the drivetrain up even more!.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by The Teacher
Yeah the price is high inside Europe, because we have high sales tax. In DK itīs 25%...

But we deduct the sales tax for customers outside Europe, so our price will end on 510USD for the car and shipped by Fedex you end on a total of app. 540USD...

Thatīs a fair price compared with other brands on the market
Old 11-06-2012, 03:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I would becareful of showing prices moderators sometimes will ban a thread since it is not an advertising supporter of rctech
other than that I would like to see a pic way better than a cad

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.