Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 05:34 AM
Tech Adept

Anyone used the ARC R10?
Old 10-02-2012, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JAKE LISZKA
Anyone used the ARC R10?
I'm racing one, as are a few other people in the ARC R10 thread (which tends to drop a few pages back on this board).
Old 10-02-2012, 05:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sosidge
I'm racing one, as are a few other people in the ARC R10 thread (which tends to drop a few pages back on this board).
Whats it like for you?
Old 10-02-2012, 05:59 AM
Tech Adept

What everyone has forgotten is he is a beginner.

When I first started, I had a tamiya ta02 wow that was some years ago....
I would advise to any newbie get something u can get your head around, that will work out of the box, simple to understand. And most importantly is strong.

The xray comes with the best instructions on the market very easy and well presented. Tells u about the set up changes, u will never really learn unless ur helped and u learn to understand why the changes has the effect it does.

Why advise a car that he might crash as we all did when learning, and it just breaks. Repairs the next round and 3 corners in someone hits this time and breaks. What will he learn apart from taking the car apart and fixing.

No one can tell u how to spend your money only advise and help.
The bd7 is not a beginners car I'm sorry experienced racers have commented on the manual, have lost items whilst doing maintenance. Ok it may be quick out the box that is if its built correctly! A beginner with a manual u can't read???
If its either and only a yok or tc6.1 then you've limited ur choice and experiences u could gain, honestly grab a t4 or try and get a good t3'12 (new if possible as building new u get a far better experience and learn a lot from the build)
Old 10-02-2012, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Whats it like for you?
It's a good car, but I think questions are better asked in its own thread rather in this one!
Old 10-02-2012, 06:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jampot
What everyone has forgotten is he is a beginner.

When I first started, I had a tamiya ta02 wow that was some years ago....
I would advise to any newbie get something u can get your head around, that will work out of the box, simple to understand. And most importantly is strong.

The xray comes with the best instructions on the market very easy and well presented. Tells u about the set up changes, u will never really learn unless ur helped and u learn to understand why the changes has the effect it does.

Why advise a car that he might crash as we all did when learning, and it just breaks. Repairs the next round and 3 corners in someone hits this time and breaks. What will he learn apart from taking the car apart and fixing.

No one can tell u how to spend your money only advise and help.
The bd7 is not a beginners car I'm sorry experienced racers have commented on the manual, have lost items whilst doing maintenance. Ok it may be quick out the box that is if its built correctly! A beginner with a manual u can't read???
If its either and only a yok or tc6.1 then you've limited ur choice and experiences u could gain, honestly grab a t4 or try and get a good t3'12 (new if possible as building new u get a far better experience and learn a lot from the build)
Too true, and also start with a slow class like a brushed 540 can, going into boosted brushless classes gets hard to setup and alot harder to drive.
Old 10-02-2012, 06:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Aaron_M
Been running the TC6.1 since its release and just switched to the BD7. The original TC6 was an awesome car and better than the TC6.1 for me.

The TC6.1 was very difficult on low grip surfaces but ok on higher grip.

The BD7 is just a machine straight out of the box. I was instanlty quicker with the BD7 at my 2 local clubs.

Outdoors on asphalt the BD7 was 6 seconds quicker over 5 minute run compared to my TC6.1. Best to average lap being 0.26 seconds so is also super consistent to drive.

Build quality on BD7 is much better also, the TC6.1 requires a few shims here and there to eliminate play and material removing to make fit better etc. Although the BD7 requires a few optional extras after buying the kit.
Ahh cool... that's great to hear the BD7 performs so well!

You mentioned other parts to buy with the kit. do you mean graphite upgrades etc?
Old 10-02-2012, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by colbz

You mentioned other parts to buy with the kit. do you mean graphite upgrades etc?
hey mate where are you going to be racing? We have a club meet at AERCCC this weekend if you want to come check out what the locals are using.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have the BD-7 and its awesome. I have a TCXX and I wanted to bang my head on the wall when building it due to the fact you open a bunch of bags to build one thing. I have been into RC for 21 years. But by no means would I recommended it to anyone as a first car. The car that I felt has been the easiest to build/maintain/find parts is the Xray. I would wait for the Xray T4 and get that if you want a top of the line kit. The manual is exceptional so there aren't questions to be asked. You will almost always find someone at the local track who is running it for help. I have had Xray products and they just go together with pure ease. They are hard to break and you can make them fast.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:05 AM
Tech Adept

Too true, and also start with a slow class like a brushed 540 can, going into boosted brushless classes gets hard to setup and alot harder to drive.
Times have changed mate, u can get speedo's with blinky, blinky is a setting in most speedo's with zero boost and zero timing. Nice and simple no hassell
So when u unpack your motor and u solder up ur good to go
U get different speed motors most clubs run 17.5 u can get slower 21.5 the faster 13.5 10.5 etc

We can all be funny dude, try giving advice that is helpful rather than trying to humiliate or be little someone else.
Bet u can't even go around a track without crashing, because u have something too fast u have no clue how to change ur setups, u probably have copied someone else's set up off some forum because they are a worlds driver. And ur mind and ur thumbs work the same the track conditions are always the same.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Benzaah
hey mate where are you going to be racing? We have a club meet at AERCCC this weekend if you want to come check out what the locals are using.
Hey sounds good ill come check it out on sunday!.. im in the hills so just down the road from Littlehampton track... some blokes use Yokomo down there so will be a good choice.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jampot
Times have changed mate, u can get speedo's with blinky, blinky is a setting in most speedo's with zero boost and zero timing. Nice and simple no hassell
So when u unpack your motor and u solder up ur good to go
U get different speed motors most clubs run 17.5 u can get slower 21.5 the faster 13.5 10.5 etc

We can all be funny dude, try giving advice that is helpful rather than trying to humiliate or be little someone else.
Bet u can't even go around a track without crashing, because u have something too fast u have no clue how to change ur setups, u probably have copied someone else's set up off some forum because they are a worlds driver. And ur mind and ur thumbs work the same the track conditions are always the same.
Your right in that regard, 21.5 blinky is equaivalent to a brushed 540. Here in Victoria we still race brushed 540. It is a cheaper option than going brushless. I'm not trying to be smart or anything I'm just trying to help out a new comer to 1/10 on road rc. So how about you take your attitude some where else. And yes I can race.
Old 10-02-2012, 10:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey
I always go for the car that alot of people around you are using you can get setup tips and tricks and maybe a spare part if you make a mistake thats why i am purchasing the tc6 many around me have them.

Listen buddy he was simply proposing a suggestion no need to start running your mouth mate the journey into brushless is quite a learing curve.
I started in brushed its where its all about your driving it helps get your lines perfect then getting into the esc setup.
Old 10-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

After thinking about this more I would 100% start with an x ray. It is exceptionally friendly for a beginner and more than good enough for any race. I prefer my bd-7 to it, but that's just personal preference.
Old 10-03-2012, 05:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by colbz

Graphite supspenison arms for higher bite carpet, all of the kit plastic suspension components better for low grip and will make the car easier to drive and more compliant but necessarily as quick.

Other otions inculde floating servo holder, titanum turnbuckles and screws (only really needed to help with weight)