R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-17-2005, 09:05 AM   #91
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by speedxl
you guys like to run with it!
Man I didnt like the way it looked in the pics. Just because someone doesnt like it doesnt mean they got to be slammed.
I am only wishing that roar would take a look and see what the rest of the world does. They pick nice looking tracks to hold their national events.
People here complain about turnouts to events. Well ge wiz in europe and asia racing is growing somewhat and their turnouts at races are in the hundreds for each class. If people want the hobby to grow, you'll have to make it more attractive. Its great that the chamber steped up. But lets be for real guys we
have an organization that rules and governs racing here in this country. As strong and prosperous a nation that we have the national level race venues should be something to be breathtaking.
I had certain situations come up for which I couldnt attend. But I would have raced the track regardless of the looks because I enjoy racing. But does anyone else or my self need to get slammed because I made a post of not liking a tracks appearance. I just want the tracks across this country to get up to pace with some of the other international tracks. A little paint and ingenuity in designing a track would be welcomed by everyone. Funny I expected to get slammed by the first post.
Lets see what happens now!

Go Team Florida And Schumacher!
Team Florida will probably be slow because of the 6 layers of clothes they will be wearing due to the cold.. Just Kidding. Maybe.

Good luck to Team BMI and the MICHIGAN racers that are attending the race. I just wish that work wasn't so hectic or I would be there.

Tim
Old 03-17-2005, 09:07 AM   #92
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by CypressMidWest
Good Luck to Pulfer, Doseck, Denton, May, Ezrow and RBLove!!! Lay it down boys!!

Double down!

Juni should be there.... he was in rare form last nite... lol

J
Old 03-17-2005, 09:08 AM   #93
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

speedxl, excellent post.
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 09:09 AM   #94
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Stamper
Team Florida will probably be slow because of the 6 layers of clothes they will be wearing due to the cold.. Just Kidding. Maybe.

Good luck to Team BMI and the MICHIGAN racers that are attending the race. I just wish that work wasn't so hectic or I would be there.

Tim
Yeah we are all wearing t shirts and shorts with flip flops all the time. Then when we go up there it looks as if we were on an artic expedition!

Whats up tim adam is comming down for the losi race I probobly hang out with him!
Are you doing any of that off road stuff also?
Old 03-17-2005, 09:12 AM   #95
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by rtypec
speedxl, excellent post.
Thanks man!
Old 03-17-2005, 09:13 AM   #96
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Stamper

Tim

Aint nothing but a little weather, if we can hang with the Hurricanes, a little chill is not gonna slow us down :>

Good luck to the Florida Boys... I was suppsosed to be there, had my ticket and signed up... Damn Sinus Infectection...
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 09:16 AM   #97
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by TimPotter
Aint nothing but a little weather, if we can hang with the Hurricanes, a little chill is not gonna slow us down :>

Good luck to the Florida Boys... I was suppsosed to be there, had my ticket and signed up... Damn Sinus Infectection...
Tim You feeling better yet?

Hows that track comming along? I heared you guys have been running on thursday nights. Has the vht helped out?
Old 03-17-2005, 09:42 AM   #98
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
you guys like to run with it!
Man I didnt like the way it looked in the pics. Just because someone doesnt like it doesnt mean they got to be slammed.
I am only wishing that roar would take a look and see what the rest of the world does. They pick nice looking tracks to hold their national events.
People here complain about turnouts to events. Well ge wiz in europe and asia racing is growing somewhat and their turnouts at races are in the hundreds for each class. If people want the hobby to grow, you'll have to make it more attractive. Its great that the chamber steped up. But lets be for real guys we
have an organization that rules and governs racing here in this country. As strong and prosperous a nation that we have the national level race venues should be something to be breathtaking.
I had certain situations come up for which I couldnt attend. But I would have raced the track regardless of the looks because I enjoy racing. But does anyone else or my self need to get slammed because I made a post of not liking a tracks appearance. I just want the tracks across this country to get up to pace with some of the other international tracks. A little paint and ingenuity in designing a track would be welcomed by everyone. Funny I expected to get slammed by the first post.
Lets see what happens now!

what's up hector.... great comment from you.
kumpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 09:59 AM   #99
Tech Adept

hector for el presidente
red robinhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 10:05 AM   #100
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:

Are there any Schumachers there? I see McMoney is running Corally now.
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 10:14 AM   #101
Tech Regular

I't not quite that easy. ROAR accepts bid for these races and quite often there are few if any bids. As a member of the fuel comm. I have had to beg a club or two in my time because there were simply no bids for a national. I suggest that if you have a good track you should work wiith the owner and get them to bid on a national. The process is easy. Contact ROAR at:
http://www.roarracing.com/nats/index.htm
Down load the bid procedure and type away.
rpoage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 11:29 AM   #102
Tech Adept

Default Hello

Quote:
Originally posted by rpoage
I't not quite that easy. ROAR accepts bid for these races and quite often there are few if any bids. As a member of the fuel comm. I have had to beg a club or two in my time because there were simply no bids for a national. I suggest that if you have a good track you should work wiith the owner and get them to bid on a national. The process is easy. Contact ROAR at:
http://www.roarracing.com/nats/index.htm
Down load the bid procedure and type away.
Bob, Not sure if this is the same rpoge but if so How the hell are you doing. 10 Years since I've seen you. This is Tony .T Chris's dad.
Remember we used to race a little gas with you in Enfield.
Just wanted to say Hi.
TT
thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 11:51 AM   #103
Tech Regular

Yup it's still me. Relocated to Central PA last year but i'm doing some traveling to races now. The NERCAR guys in CT are still going strong. You can keep up to date wiuth them athttp://www.bigbrat.com/nercar/pub/home.asp

Chris is having a good year and I'm sure he Nationals in CT will be good to him also.

Good to hear from you and I'm sure we will catch up at a race in the next year or two.
rpoage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 11:56 AM   #104
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
This track is nice in the pic. But the one where the nats are being held at looks like crap. Man every track in the last 3 years that roar has aproved looks ratty. We have better tracks out there. I agree with toso that the europeans do it right.
This isnt a national caliber track!
Well here goes all the flame attacks now!
Just got home from work heading out HC right now, this is not the current layout, just a example of how HC look since the place is so crappy, I'll let the pics do the talking
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1001.jpg (156.6 KB, 518 views)
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 11:56 AM   #105
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by dawgmeat
Just got home from work heading out HC right now, this is not the current layout, just a example of how HC look since the place is so crappy, I'll let the pics do the talking
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1002.jpg (159.3 KB, 483 views)
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote