R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-16-2005, 10:47 PM   #76
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Joneser
SpeedXL......Next year dont beg for the gate to keep its "ratty" track open for you for practice
What is wrong with the gate!
They werent running the nats there. Plus practice was for cleveland indoor champs which by the way looked fabulous!

The Gate looks world class compared to where the nats are this weekend!
So thats that dude.! And take it easy man its not like its your home I am talking about.
The track is what it is and doesnt look worthy of a national event wether you like it or not. Alot of people would agree with me.
One thing! Atleast they were willing to step up and hold it! Have a great day Joneser!
Old 03-16-2005, 10:51 PM   #77
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
Originally posted by speedxl
What is wrong with the gate!
They werent running the nats there. Plus practice was for cleveland indoor champs which by the way looked fabulous!

Quote:
Originally posted by speedxl
Man every track in the last 3 years that roar has aproved looks ratty.

FYI.....Last years ROAR carpet nats were at the Gate.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 10:58 PM   #78
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Also the 2003 carpet nats were at one of the best tracks around.....

So that statement about the last 3 nats being at RATTY places isnt true. Still the best carpet nats was at MINREGG hands down......they should have every carpet national there that place is nice and the the guys run a kick as show. Im sure that this curent ROAR event isnt as bad as the few pics make it out to seem. Other then the tables being too tall or too short
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 11:22 PM   #79
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin K
FYI.....Last years ROAR carpet nats were at the Gate.
Thanks Kevin....I did not think it needed an explination since he said it.
Joneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 11:24 PM   #80
R/C Tech Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin K
Also the 2003 carpet nats were at one of the best tracks around.....
It's too bad that track closed, it was awesome. That was a great race. So was last year's at the Gate (aside from the choice of scoring software... haha).
Old 03-16-2005, 11:38 PM   #81
Tech Master

Hey Guys,

When did this turn into the Bag on the Nat thread???

Take it easy fellaz........

I think the place is nice, huge drivers stand(For us short guys that's a BIG Deal), big track, Bathroom is clean. Sure a few things could have been changed, but no race is Ever Perfect.

They Had the Car Tech up and ready to use the First Day of practice, I've been to many races and that "usually" doesn't happen. It's kind of a Big deal for some of the guys.

Anyway, back to the Racing,There have been a few "hairy" lines coming onto the strait, and some interesting Open Practice. Control practice should be good tomorrow.

I haven't seen much new in the pits, maybe I should look harder.

Thanks
Charlie
Old 03-16-2005, 11:38 PM   #82
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
It's too bad that track closed, it was awesome. That was a great race. So was last year's at the Gate (aside from the choice of scoring software... haha).
Yes, we fight that battle all the time. We have however had far less issues after doing a reconfig and downloading the latest version. Would love to try something else but I think they have too much money tied up in the current stuff.
Joneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 01:38 AM   #83
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default Good Luck Charlie!

Bring it home for the Novak fans.
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 03:03 AM   #84
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

good luck to all the FL boys

We're going to skate to one song and one song only!
Dave Bowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 04:34 AM   #85
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default Wha!

I agree with Charlie.... FIRST, be happy there is a track that is hosting the ROAR Carpet Nat's. Second, if you are racing there deal with it, if your not than be quiet. All of the people are signed up have the same opportunities and the same problems to deal with, and trust me they are dealing with it. Most of the drivers out there so far are driving AROUND the boards, not into them. So I dont think they are a issue. Pit spaces are accomodating to the best of the host's ability. The kitchen/cafe, and the bathroom are a pleasure, parking is good, the Jlap works everytime, the lighting is awesome the driver stand is high enough, etc, etc, etc.... Shall I go on?

JUST RACE
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 06:11 AM   #86
Tech Master

Default Re: Wha!

Quote:
Originally posted by Raul Garcia
Pit spaces are accomodating to the best of the host's ability. The kitchen/cafe, and the bathroom are a pleasure, parking is good, the Jlap works everytime, the lighting is awesome the driver stand is high enough, etc, etc, etc.... Shall I go on?

JUST RACE
Sounds like a good place to be at!!!!

Good luck Charlie. Got those goods yesterday. Thanks.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 07:34 AM   #87
Tech Apprentice

You guys have to remember that you are at a R/C race track. You went there to race. If you want luxury accomodations go to a five star resort. I have raced at Hobby Chamber and it is a top notch race facility. To anyone that is not happy, I don't see you shackled to the pit table. Try opening up your track and then you can make it like the Ritz....................WAYNE
wayneny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 07:45 AM   #88
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by wayneny
You guys have to remember that you are at a R/C race track. You went there to race. If you want luxury accomodations go to a five star resort. I have raced at Hobby Chamber and it is a top notch race facility. To anyone that is not happy, I don't see you shackled to the pit table. Try opening up your track and then you can make it like the Ritz....................WAYNE
Don't remember seeing anyone slam the Chamber??? It was the "ratty" comment that sturred things up, and that didn't have anything to do with this years nats.!!

KE
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 08:04 AM   #89
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

I'm sure the place is nice. I just expected a little more out of a national level layout and track. Painted boards, nice flappers, layout thats a little more skill then power...
Old 03-17-2005, 08:59 AM   #90
Tech Elite

you guys like to run with it!
Man I didnt like the way it looked in the pics. Just because someone doesnt like it doesnt mean they got to be slammed.
I am only wishing that roar would take a look and see what the rest of the world does. They pick nice looking tracks to hold their national events.
People here complain about turnouts to events. Well ge wiz in europe and asia racing is growing somewhat and their turnouts at races are in the hundreds for each class. If people want the hobby to grow, you'll have to make it more attractive. Its great that the chamber steped up. But lets be for real guys we
have an organization that rules and governs racing here in this country. As strong and prosperous a nation that we have the national level race venues should be something to be breathtaking.
I had certain situations come up for which I couldnt attend. But I would have raced the track regardless of the looks because I enjoy racing. But does anyone else or my self need to get slammed because I made a post of not liking a tracks appearance. I just want the tracks across this country to get up to pace with some of the other international tracks. A little paint and ingenuity in designing a track would be welcomed by everyone. Funny I expected to get slammed by the first post.
Lets see what happens now!

Go Team Florida And Schumacher!