R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-22-2005, 10:43 AM   #781
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

WHY DO WE NEED ROAR ANY WAY! YOU NEED A TECH YOU HAVE A HAND FULL OF TOP TECH RIGHT AT THE RACE TEAM TRINITY. REEDY ORION.FANTOM.YOU NEED SOMEBODY TO CHECK A CHASSIS YOU HAVE XRAY,LOSI AE, THERE HAS TO BE ABOUT 4/7 GUYS THAT CAN TECH. I THINK DO THE GUYS WE NOW HAVE TECHING NO WHAT TO LOOK FOR. YOU CAN GET ANYBODY TO CHECK THE WEIGHT OF A CAR AND THE SAME FOR THE BODY YOU HAVE A TOOL FOR THIS RIGHT... AND A HIGH TECH BOARD.AND A HIGH TECH TOOL FOR RIDE HEIGHT.SO I COULD GET MY GRANDMOTHER TO CHECK FOR THAT.THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT WE NEED GUYS THAT ARE GOING TO PLAY BY THE SAME RULES IF ALL THE RACERS GET TOGETHER AND LET ROAR HEAR WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY.OR JUST DON'T SIGN UP WITH ROAR.WHY ARE WE PAYING ROAR. TO HAVE ONE OR TWO GUYS SHOW UP AT A RACE. AND DO WHAT LOOK AROUND AND SAY I DON'T HAVE THAT IN MY CAR. OR WHERE CAN I GET THOSE BATTERYS OR HOW DID THAT GUY GET THAT MOTOR. OR CHASSIS. LOOK AROUND GUYS WE NO WHAT WE NEED TO RUN AND DON'T RUN THE MFG'S NO WHATS GOING ON BEFORE THE RACE.IF THE MOTOR IS NOT ROAR APP. WHY WOULD THE MFG TAKE A SHOT AT RUNNING THAT MOTOR, BATT. OR CHASSIS.WE THE RACERS NEED TO BE HEARD AND SPEAK OUT. ROAR DON'T PAY MY BILLS RACING DOES. AND FOR SOME OF THE TOP GUYS IN R/C THEY DON'T NEED SOME GUY WALKING AROUND AND SAYING THINGS LIKE YOU KNOW THATS NOT RIGHT THAT HE HAS THAT CHASSIS AND I DON'T WELL YOU NO WHAT YOU NOT A PRO. OR RUN FOR A BIG COMPANY... SO YOU SHOULD KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. LET THE TECH GUYS SAY SOMETHING.THATS WHY I QUIT RACING ALL THIS SHIT ABOUT WHAT IF OR WHY NOT IT'S A HOBBY FOR SOME AND A LIVING FOR OTHERS.IF ROAR PAY SOME OF US TO RACE THEY WILL SEE THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COIN.......

NOW WHAT THATS RIGHT FROM UNDER THE HOOD!!!!
Old 03-22-2005, 10:50 AM   #782
Tech Regular

Default ROAR:Chris/Kenny/Dawn

If ROAR is now allowing brushless to compete with brushed motors, I assume that the brushed motors will now be allowed to use Rare Earth Magnets, (Neodynium, Cobalt, etc.) just like the brushless. Are my assumptions correct?
Please advise.

Regards,
Todd Putnam
Putnam Propulsion
www.putnampropulsion.com
Todd Putnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:01 AM   #783
Tech Regular

I certainly hope this race does not keep people from attending the ROAR Mod Offroad Nats this summer at R/C Madness. Chris Marcy and the Madness crew have hosted huge races for over a decade and do so in stride. Anyone who has attended an event at R/C Madness can attest to this.
Regardless if it is a race santioned by an organization or not, the races at Madness go off without a hitch. RC Madness races are organized, well run and are held at a track that can accomodate racers and spectators with a well-stocked hobby shop, plenty of pit space, power and parking.
Again, I hope what transpired this past weekend doesn't affect the turnout for the Mod Nats.

Todd Putnam
Putnam Propulsion
www.putnampropulsion.com
Todd Putnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:05 AM   #784
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to Mr-Tamiya1 Send a message via AIM to Mr-Tamiya1

Quote:
Originally posted by Todd Putnam
I certainly hope this race does not keep people from attending the ROAR Mod Offroad Nats this summer at R/C Madness. Chris Marcy and the Madness crew have hosted huge races for over a decade and do so in stride. Anyone who has attended an event at R/C Madness can attest to this.
Regardless if it is a race santioned by an organization or not, the races at Madness go off without a hitch. RC Madness races are organized, well run and are held at a track that can accomodate racers and spectators with a well-stocked hobby shop, plenty of pit space, power and parking.
Again, I hope what transpired this past weekend doesn't affect the turnout for the Mod Nats.

Todd Putnam
Putnam Propulsion
www.putnampropulsion.com
I agree 100% Chris knows whats up and has it going on at his track indoors or outdoors! i have raced there and love it!
Mr-Tamiya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:06 AM   #785
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Why ask ROAR? Just ask IFMAR. I'm sure that ROAR will knuckle to whatever they are doing shortly....
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:11 AM   #786
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by GeorgePravata
WHY DO WE NEED ROAR ANY WAY! YOU NEED A TECH YOU HAVE A HAND FULL OF TOP TECH RIGHT AT THE RACE TEAM TRINITY. REEDY ORION.FANTOM.YOU NEED SOMEBODY TO CHECK A CHASSIS YOU HAVE XRAY,LOSI AE, THERE HAS TO BE ABOUT 4/7 GUYS THAT CAN TECH. I THINK DO THE GUYS WE NOW HAVE TECHING NO WHAT TO LOOK FOR. YOU CAN GET ANYBODY TO CHECK THE WEIGHT OF A CAR AND THE SAME FOR THE BODY YOU HAVE A TOOL FOR THIS RIGHT... AND A HIGH TECH BOARD.AND A HIGH TECH TOOL FOR RIDE HEIGHT.SO I COULD GET MY GRANDMOTHER TO CHECK FOR THAT.THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT WE NEED GUYS THAT ARE GOING TO PLAY BY THE SAME RULES IF ALL THE RACERS GET TOGETHER AND LET ROAR HEAR WHAT THEY HAVE TO SAY.OR JUST DON'T SIGN UP WITH ROAR.WHY ARE WE PAYING ROAR. TO HAVE ONE OR TWO GUYS SHOW UP AT A RACE. AND DO WHAT LOOK AROUND AND SAY I DON'T HAVE THAT IN MY CAR. OR WHERE CAN I GET THOSE BATTERYS OR HOW DID THAT GUY GET THAT MOTOR. OR CHASSIS. LOOK AROUND GUYS WE NO WHAT WE NEED TO RUN AND DON'T RUN THE MFG'S NO WHATS GOING ON BEFORE THE RACE.IF THE MOTOR IS NOT ROAR APP. WHY WOULD THE MFG TAKE A SHOT AT RUNNING THAT MOTOR, BATT. OR CHASSIS.WE THE RACERS NEED TO BE HEARD AND SPEAK OUT. ROAR DON'T PAY MY BILLS RACING DOES. AND FOR SOME OF THE TOP GUYS IN R/C THEY DON'T NEED SOME GUY WALKING AROUND AND SAYING THINGS LIKE YOU KNOW THATS NOT RIGHT THAT HE HAS THAT CHASSIS AND I DON'T WELL YOU NO WHAT YOU NOT A PRO. OR RUN FOR A BIG COMPANY... SO YOU SHOULD KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. LET THE TECH GUYS SAY SOMETHING.THATS WHY I QUIT RACING ALL THIS SHIT ABOUT WHAT IF OR WHY NOT IT'S A HOBBY FOR SOME AND A LIVING FOR OTHERS.IF ROAR PAY SOME OF US TO RACE THEY WILL SEE THE OTHER SIDE OF THE COIN.......

NOW WHAT THATS RIGHT FROM UNDER THE HOOD!!!!

Please stop your YELLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lowercase will get your point across better than THIS WILL.
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:42 AM   #787
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

I'M NOT YELLING MY CAPLOCK IS STUCK
Old 03-22-2005, 11:47 AM   #788
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to stormperson

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr-Tamiya1
I agree 100% Chris knows whats up and has it going on at his track indoors or outdoors! i have raced there and love it!
Word!

BTW, todd, I think big jim posted something earlier on about the whole brushless thing saying that there will be a rules change for 2006 allowing brushed motors to use better magnets and possibly more segments and other advantages that brushless motors currently are allowed to use... not 100% sure though on the specifics
stormperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 12:07 PM   #789

To everyone thinking of boycotting ROAR's future events, that's just stupid. I know that this event may have been bad but, if you shut down ROAR than future racers don't have anything to look toward to. I am just tier of people saying that they will quit ROAR after just one bad event. That is the cheap way out. People should actually work for what they want and not just leave when things are bad. I bet everyone on this forum has in some way or another been affected by ROAR. Now after a few bad rulings everyone wants to abandone ROAR. I'm only 15 but I'm just a teen and "don't know anything" from what society says, but to me this irrationality is very dumb.
RJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 12:10 PM   #790
Tech Elite

LOUD NOISES!
Old 03-22-2005, 12:10 PM   #791
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Curious question.

One of the portions of the deviation for this race was that Brushed Modifieds would no longer be bound by the 10 turn limit.

I'm assuming all of the mod guys were running their 7 and 8 turn mods?
JKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 12:11 PM   #792
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by GeorgePravata
I'M NOT YELLING MY CAPLOCK IS STUCK
Then get a new keyboard

Or a crowbar to get it unstuck

I did have a space get stuck before.... Spilt coffee on it....
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 12:22 PM   #793
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by JKA
Curious question.

One of the portions of the deviation for this race was that Brushed Modifieds would no longer be bound by the 10 turn limit.

I'm assuming all of the mod guys were running their 7 and 8 turn mods?
It is not a deviation for this race, it is a rule change for 2005 but yes, they could run whatever turn they wanted.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:51 PM   #794
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Schoenau
Kenny....know what you mean....i did your job after the questionable embezzlement....did it as a "favor" to try to get ROAR back on track....case is did the best i could....couldn't get anyone to help out....lots of complaining, couldn't please everyone so did what i thought was fair.....and try to get someone to host a regional.....HA HA....everyone wants a place to race but no-one wants to do any work to put on the races....give credit to Mr. Bill and the folks at the champs....wow 25 years of putting up with the whining etc.....want to help....VOLUNTEER!!! and quit crying.....
Bob, I have nothing but respect for you, but to compare a ROAR race to the Champs is completely laughable. Mr. Bill and the Champs staff don't hear as much whining in 5 years of Champs, as ROAR reps hear for one event. Hell, most Roar races I've been to, the ROAR reps themselves do as much whining as the racers.

The Champs is the longest running and most successful race on Earth because of one thing. PREPARATION. Bill Aholt has already been working on the '05 Indoor Champs, and it's still 8 months away. I've attended, helped organize, put on big races, and I'm now a proud member of the Indoor Champs staff. In my experience, big races are far better run WITHOUT ROAR INVOLVEMENT.

The situation is this, at a Roar National there are too many chiefs, and not enough Indians in the Race Crew. Either let the Host Track run the Race, or let ROAR run the race. ROAR can't afford timing and scoring equipment, and to send staff to the races? Please, this is the new Millenium guys. Drop the stupid Rev-UP which noone seems to get. I started getting mine regularly TWO WEEKS AFTER I NEEDED TO SUBMIT MY BALLOT. Go on-line with it and free up those funds.

I'll also tell ya right now, I'd have no problem laying down $50 a year for my membership if I knew I could count on a good show when I go to a NATIONAL EVENT. So, if you raise the fee to $50, multiply that by 6000 members, you get an additional $90000! I think that would more than cover a fulltime staff of two people (a race director and an Official Referree) and their travel expenses.
ROAR provides the tech equipment, The track provides a few volunteers for tech. Aside from that all the host has to worry about is facility prep.

I don't wanna hear about track staff feeling stepped on if ROAR stepped in. I've done big races, and I'd have gladly accepted the help.

The Sport has outgrown the current ROAR structure and mentality. The races are bigger, the business is bigger. It's time the organization grew to match.

Ian Ruggles
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....

Last edited by CypressMidWest; 03-22-2005 at 01:22 PM.
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 12:56 PM   #795
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The 10 turn limit was mistakenly kept in the 2005 rules.....I talked to a ROAR excomm member explaining to me it was not supposed to be in there and would be removed before nationals...

The posting was correct....all it did was remove the limit, it did not grant the access to run unapproved non-commericially available prototypes...

And Rjones, I, who have been one of the most outspoken people about this whole mess have never ONCE said to give up on ROAR......so before you go around screaming and yelling at everyone....think.

Later EddieO