R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-21-2005, 10:12 PM   #736
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
Two words for everybody: venue selection.

That has been the definitive reason that every ROAR race I've ever been to has either succeeded with flying colors or failed miserably.
Your right. Lesson learned.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:16 PM   #737
Tech Elite

There are many lessons to be learned as s result of the event. There were many things that were poorly planned by ROAR and Hobby Chamber. There was poor execution by ROAR and Hobby Chamber.

The comments being listed here, in other forums and by email are all being heard. I spent 2 hours on the phone with Rick Wilson tonight letting him know what happened at the race and what is going on here. You voice is being heard. ROAR is working on corrections and future solutions.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:21 PM   #738
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to kennyb

Quote:
Originally posted by 403forbidden
Gee what do I think? I think ROAR dropped the ball before, during, and after this whole debacle!

If ROAR doesn't approve of it, then why hasn't a ROAR official come out with an official statement? Is the President or any other ROAR officer too busy to make a short official statement condemning George's actions? As of today, I have yet to see any comment about this on ROAR's website.

Every other respectable organization/union/corporation/etc. makes official statements regarding their positions and opinons. Why can't ROAR?
I made the statement above. At the same time we are collecting and finding out what happened. Chris knows and I am sure Carl has found out that I am behind this organization 100% and changes will occur. Remember it is one race and problems were on both sides.

Kenny B
ROAR ExComm
kennyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 10:28 PM   #739
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by 403forbidden
Gee what do I think? I think ROAR dropped the ball before, during, and after this whole debacle!

If ROAR doesn't approve of it, then why hasn't a ROAR official come out with an official statement? Is the President or any other ROAR officer too busy to make a short official statement condemning George's actions? As of today, I have yet to see any comment about this on ROAR's website.

Every other respectable organization/union/corporation/etc. makes official statements regarding their positions and opinons. Why can't ROAR?
Can you give me a specific you would like a response to and I will try to get it to you?
Old 03-21-2005, 10:56 PM   #740
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Carl Giordano
That's a good one. But consider this, without ROAR members and ROAR, we would not have anything to bitch about.
No we would have well run races like Snowbirds or Cleveland. with up to the minute results,.
Exterminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:05 PM   #741
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ghuber
I think George tried his best -- Maybe he was not as prepared at the should have been, but as a business owner I can tell you that you can never foresee everything that is to come. I have my list of complaints from the weekend, but rather sit here and dwell on them I've choosen to look forward to a better setup and smoother racing in the future.

My suggestion those that attended -- If you are unhappy with the race, take the time to write a letter or e-mail to ROAR explaining your feelings on the matter. If hundreds of voices reach out with the same complaints, perhaps a proactive approach will be taken to ensure these types of things don't happen in the future.

I know I'll be writing my e-mail concerning the event that occurred with Raul Garcia.

That's just my .02 cents.
Do you really think that ROAR would listen. People have been trying that for a long time. Nothing is changing. We still don't have online voting. Revups that come after voting is closed. Exxcom that doesn't answer to anyone. No way to remove people from office that don't perform their job. No standard or crew to run a national event. the list is long and not one person at ROAR will step up and take the reigns. (it's volintary so it's not my responsibility).
Exterminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:07 PM   #742
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Exterminator
the list is long and not one person at ROAR will step up and take the reigns. (it's volintary so it's not my responsibility).
Wrong. I am accountable.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:13 PM   #743
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by raffaelli
Can you give me a specific you would like a response to and I will try to get it to you?
Yes. I am most concerned about the turning away of people/spectators who fit a certain profile...or "element" as Geroge puts it.

What is ROAR going to do to help prevent future track owners from doing this at future ROAR sponsored events?

And if it does happen again, what will ROAR do to respond?
403forbidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:36 PM   #744
Tech Champion

So did any of the other mains, B on down get run ?
Had some freinds there that raced, I think. Begining to wonder if they are still there.
FRED
Old 03-22-2005, 12:03 AM   #745
Tech Adept

some UNofficial results..

TC Mod
1st - Tosolini - Corally

TC Stock
1-Robinson - Xray
2-Dayger - Corally
3-Lopez - Xray

1/12th Stock
1-Darroch - CRC
2-Dayger - CRC
3-Robinson - CRC

1/12 Masters
1-Lonergan-Rev4
2-Calandra-CRC
3-Caswell-CRC

12th Mod
1-Orr-L4 (brushless)
2-Dumas - Trinity
3-Blackstock-L4
insideline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 12:15 AM   #746
Tech Champion

Default Results

Kewl, 3 car A mains. Whats all the bitching at ROAR about with only 3 cars running

Old 03-22-2005, 02:01 AM   #747
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Positive... Positive... ok here's something positive to post....

I'm "positive" Roar is joke and so were the nats...

Every year people post if only this if only that, but no one does anything and roar still is a joke. Heck I'd like to vote but you know the problem there...

No rev up here also...

I'm "positive" I just threw away a TON of money on a Roar event that could have been taped and put on fear factor!!!

No heat, no power, no organization, no schedule, no results, 1 bathroom which either smelled like urine, had no lights in it, or had a make shift lamp, or was completely out of order.... not enough parking...

Everyone wants to blame the track, the owner, etc.
BOTTOM LINE!!! Roar screwed up even thinking about giving the race to the Chamber. The race was doomed from the start. I just wish someone would have clued the rest of us in that traveled to this race ahead of time...

The only way I see for ROAR to turn around is to kick out everyone and start over. Too many people involved with ROAR could care less. When they are confronted its always the same old story... Well I'm a VOLUNTEER!!! I don't get it... if someone volunteers and does a good job they should get a pat on the back, but if they suk and screw up everything then it should be just overlooked???? that's plain stupid. If you screw up then step up and admit it... If you can't do the job then get the heck out... If it takes paying some people to do the job then that is what needs to be done.

$.02
Tempest2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 02:27 AM   #748
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Carl Giordano
your right, at least you didn't have to drive 1.5 hours home only to find that you had someone elses radio and have to drive back again.
Only shows how bad radio impound was
Old 03-22-2005, 05:19 AM   #749
Tech Regular

I do not think it is fair to bash the roar officials, all that I know my local rep, Chris Raffaelli has done a great job so far, listens when we have complaints and does something about those complaints, and pushed to have a national event in his region,and has gotten two. You should all have somebody on your back trying to bring the hobby on a national level to your backyard.

Second, get out there and run for you local Roar spot to make the difference you are all so hankering about. So it was a bad experience, suck it up and be men about.

Lastly, I cannot beleive that everybody out there complaing is so perfect in their life that they have never strived for something a little more and did not perform as anticipated..C'mon, the guy put his balls on the line to host this event, and as somebody else pointed out, sponsored people dont buy parts so he doesnt make much in his shop, could he and should he have done things differently, probably...but let it go.....just let it go.

So with all that being said I nominate Tempest and the rest of the group of "shoulda, woulda, coulda's" to volunteer and run roar becuase obvioulsy they are the only ones you care.
chach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 05:54 AM   #750
Tech Fanatic

Wait until RC Madness hosts the ROAR mod nats later this year. That race will go sooooo smoothly that everyone will credit ROAR for getting their act together when in fact the major reason for success will be Chris (the track owner) Hes already getting tech people (yes 5 or 6 people) ready and has already over planned the event so it is perfect. People are blaming ROAR for alot but I feel the main reason for success or failure falls back on the host track and how well they are organized.
DJG24 is offline   Reply With Quote