R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-21-2005, 08:57 PM   #721
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Carl, I said the same thing on the trinity site and earned reputation points by Ernie himself!!!
FroBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 08:58 PM   #722
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to kennyb

Quote:
Originally posted by Carl Giordano
DING DING DING, now we have a meaningful suggestion.
There is one at every race as the DRO. It is very rare if it not an ExComm member.

Carl...got oyur e-mail..great thoughts and items for discussion.

Kenny B
ROAR ExComm
kennyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 09:01 PM   #723
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by ghuber
I think George tried his best -- Maybe he was not as prepared at the should have been, but as a business owner I can tell you that you can never foresee everything that is to come. I have my list of complaints from the weekend, but rather sit here and dwell on them I've choosen to look forward to a better setup and smoother racing in the future.

My suggestion those that attended -- If you are unhappy with the race, take the time to write a letter or e-mail to ROAR explaining your feelings on the matter. If hundreds of voices reach out with the same complaints, perhaps a proactive approach will be taken to ensure these types of things don't happen in the future.

I know I'll be writing my e-mail concerning the event that occurred with Raul Garcia.

That's just my .02 cents.

I am here everyone. Please sned me oyur thoguhts and problems you saw at the track to [email protected] . I'll make sure they get discussed. But please everyone also remember not every suggestion can be acted on.

I can tell you though ROAR is currently pursuing tech equipment for all national races. This has been in the works.

Kenny B
ROAR ExComm
Old 03-21-2005, 09:07 PM   #724
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to G Ace Send a message via Yahoo to G Ace

Quote:
Gotta say great job to my man Dayger!!!
I've heard rumors that the main reason that Dayger kid is so good is because he has an AWESOME mechanic building cars and painting bodies for him...
G Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 09:13 PM   #725
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by Nova F1 Racer
Cleveland and the Snowbird do not need ROAR, they have a proven track record, why can't people follow these guys leads and model their races after them?????

Seems like a simple answer to me......
Look at crews and the management of the races...they plan and run the event..great events. Whether or not anybody wants to admit it, 90% of the rules run at tracks and events are ROAR based. We as ROAR didn't have our best foot forward this weeknd and I know I can openly admit it. I have offered to entertain all info that is e-mailed to me. Just complainig here won't cut it.

As far as runnign an event, it is fine line as to having the host run it or ROAR run it. Some track owners get offended if you were to run a race at their faciltiy (much like walking into their house and sitting down and turning on the TV...). It's a great idea to have the ROAR truck show up and run the event but it will take sometime to work out the logistics and to see if it feasible.

Will somebody tell me what happend to Raul???

Kenny B
ROAR ExComm

It was posted earlier by other drivers, don't punish future tracks holding a ROAR event because of bad experience.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:16 PM   #726
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Nova FI: just as I did in 2004, I will be involved in teching all cars, including motors after ever run at all region 2 regional events.

Introduce yourself when your there. I hope to see you as a participant and not a spectator.

Froboy: I limit the number of sites I visit. My typing usually gets me in trouble.

Kenny: fell free to call me to dicuss.

Finally for those who wish to provide suggesitons or complaints, fell free to e-mail. I will make sure the executive committee understands all of our concerns

[email protected]
Old 03-21-2005, 09:20 PM   #727
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to KDagh1 Send a message via MSN to KDagh1

It sounds to me like the track owner just got in way over his head. ROAR should look into having a more stringent test as to how you get a nationals (i.e. run 2 - 3 regional events or comparable (i.e. Novak Race, other big non-sanctioned races) with at least 100+ racers and 150 entries.

The track owner just bit off more than he could chew. It was partially his fault, but also ROAR's for giving him the event. If I owned an r/c track (and I don't), I would never want to host a Nationals after reading all of this. It almost seems likes there is no winning and all losing.

As well, somebody else hear suggested that ROAR send out an 'A team' of people to help with the race. I think this is a great idea so that there is some consistency between events. Money is an issue, but perhaps the manufacturers could pay for travel expenses in exchange for some advertisement. Or, find qualified people who live within a reasonable distance.

The bottom line is that THERE ARE REASONABLE SOLUTIONS. The decision makers just need to put their heads together and sort it out.

Khal
KDagh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 09:24 PM   #728
R/C Tech Founder

Two words for everybody: venue selection.

That has been the definitive reason that every ROAR race I've ever been to has either succeeded with flying colors or failed miserably.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:27 PM   #729
R/C Tech Founder

Default Re: Ieyyy ya Yeiii!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by RCDriverER
-Let's start with "how bout posting results". If you had read any of this thread, you'd see that the "results" have been posted a few times so I don't know what else your looking for. They are unofficial... that's for sure but that's what you have right now. I've heard through the grapevine that there is now a protest of the brushless win so we'll have to see what comes of that (whether its true or not included).
I believe people are looking for more than Top 3s or Top 10s. What was posted represents about 5% of those attending. I can see why the other 95% (and their fans and friends) may be a tad upset.

As one who has spent years hounding race directors for timely results, it still boggles my mind that I have to be made to feel like I'm annoying track personnel to get information out to the public.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:41 PM   #730
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
Two words for everybody: venue selection.

That has been the definitive reason that every ROAR race I've ever been to has either succeeded with flying colors or failed miserably.
I agree 100%!

Kenny B
ROAR Excomm
Old 03-21-2005, 09:43 PM   #731
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: Ieyyy ya Yeiii!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by futureal
As one who has spent years hounding race directors for timely results, it still boggles my mind that I have to be made to feel like I'm annoying track personnel to get information out to the public.
I have been in the same boat when I cover stuff for Car Action. Snowbirds wireless setup with RC Results was great! Scotty's race in Vegas will be a god send for live results.

Kenny B
Old 03-21-2005, 09:44 PM   #732
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Why hasn't there been an official statement from ROAR regarding the turning away of spectators...or any of the other problems?

It seems like no body at ROAR knows whats going on. If they have no response to these problems, it is as if they approve of everything that went on!

One ROAR rep here has already posted that "George" was intentionally turning away certain people/spectators. Does ROAR approve of this? If not, then they should come out with an official message stating so!
403forbidden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 09:55 PM   #733
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by 403forbidden
Why hasn't there been an official statement from ROAR regarding the turning away of spectators...or any of the other problems?

It seems like no body at ROAR knows whats going on. If they have no response to these problems, it is as if they approve of everything that went on!

One ROAR rep here has already posted that "George" was intentionally turning away certain people/spectators. Does ROAR approve of this? If not, then they should come out with an official message stating so!
Gee what do you think???? Of course ROAR does not condone turning away spectators or anybody that can futrther the sport. It was wrong and it should been corrected. I was not there so I can't say what happened. In all cases it was wrong to turn away anybody.

I wasn't at the event and I am collecting information as to what happened in everyone's eyes. You send me info at [email protected] .

Kenny B
ROAR ExComm
Old 03-21-2005, 10:11 PM   #734
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by 403forbidden

Of course ROAR does not condone turning people away. In fact, it is written that the host track is to make provisions for spectators. What puzzles me about this is that George and I planned for spectators. This is one of the reasons that the track was made less wide. There were other provisions also but George did not follow through with them. Hobby Chamber turned people away without approval or knowledge by ROAR.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:12 PM   #735
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by kennyb
Gee what do you think???? Of course ROAR does not condone turning away spectators or anybody that can futrther the sport. It was wrong and it should been corrected. I was not there so I can't say what happened. In all cases it was wrong to turn away anybody.

I wasn't at the event and I am collecting information as to what happened in everyone's eyes. You send me info at [email protected] .

Kenny B
ROAR ExComm
Gee what do I think? I think ROAR dropped the ball before, during, and after this whole debacle!

If ROAR doesn't approve of it, then why hasn't a ROAR official come out with an official statement? Is the President or any other ROAR officer too busy to make a short official statement condemning George's actions? As of today, I have yet to see any comment about this on ROAR's website.

Every other respectable organization/union/corporation/etc. makes official statements regarding their positions and opinons. Why can't ROAR?
403forbidden is offline   Reply With Quote