R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-21-2005, 01:21 PM   #646
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff

Butter and Smyka... right on guys.

The race, to me, didn't feel like a national. Sure, all the big dogs were out, but the importance of the race just didn't feel the same as like... Snowbirds. Heck, when I walked up to the driver stand for the last of the 3 mains in Touring Stock, I just wanted to go home. Most everyone else felt the same way. Then on top of that, during the trip home, Jeff Cuffs and I talked about how this weekend didn't seem fun. That we have more fun running a club race at our local track than running at this national.

I just see this weekend as a huge learning experience for ROAR and George. If they had to do this all over again in a couple weeks, it would be a ton better.

-Jason
Old 03-21-2005, 01:23 PM   #647
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Apex
sounds like things didn't go as expected. oh well, i'm sure there were a lot of lessons learned by all. maybe hc should have held a regionals before having a nationals. maybe hosting a regionals could be a pre-requisite for a venue to hold a national event?? anyhow, just move on and try to make it better the next time.
Hobby Chamber has held two regionals and a handful of state races along with a pile of regular trophy races. All sucessful.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:26 PM   #648
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to JamesArluck

Quote:
Originally posted by smyka
now for the good stuff DAVID i like your post but her is a little info yes RON won a national with RAY driving but ray did have a motor guy and hopefully ray will post here also so he could thank todd putnam and putnam pro pulsion for the dialed horse power in his 1/12 car . we used the same brush combo that won cleveland snow birds and now the nats looks like its three in a row..

second i would like to thank ALEX V. for stepping up and doing some announcing when he didnt have to .

and for everyone planning on comming to the off road nats it will be a great time and yu wont even have to put new tires on every run thats a first ..
Smyka-What was the motor setup?

-James
JamesArluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:34 PM   #649
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by punkboy
was the tire size rule enforced?

i ask, cuz i dont remember seeing them checking, and there was alot of talk before the race about them checking for that
Don't remember seeing it happen.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:44 PM   #650
Tech Champion

guess im not the only one then...

thanks
punkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:45 PM   #651
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by speedxl
Geez now we're stealing avatars! Can you be origional and find your own

I guess its flattery when they copy you!

My boyz hooked me up with that fattie
Dr. Pididiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:54 PM   #652
Tech Initiate

btw... WTF was up with the heat at the race?
Dr. Pididiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:57 PM   #653
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Proteus
Default Re: Sad

Quote:
Originally posted by Local racer
What in the hell is going on with roar,Or better yet who is running roar.Guys please dont past judgement on the hole east coast behind this one poorly run event.I remeber the nats in Md were great and the nats in nc so please just let the powers that be resolve this issues.RC Madness is dialed and Chris is awsome the nats will be great so please come and enjoy.
True dat!!!! This is not a biased opion as I'm originally from Cali. But when the Nats were held at our local track, I don't recall ever having a problem. We did have a power issue but that was solved immediately by not allowing the racers to use their own personal air compressor.

Wow...what a weekend. The only thing that upsets me is that I didn't go up there to practice before the Nats. WHY? Because then I wouldn't have wasted my time. Planning was very poor. It's pretty sad when people have to reschedule their travel arrangements so they can run their mains. The things that happened at the Nats didn't happen by accident. These things could have been prevented by proper planning. Did he forget the 7 "P"s.

Proper Previous Planning, Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

You can't stop freak incidents, acts of God, etc.....but all the problems that happened at the Nats was definately preventable.
And George's mouth! When I heard him go off, I looked around the pit areas and saw several kids running around. If MY kids or nieces or nephews were there....let's just say that I wouldn't have been quiet.

About the only thing good that came out of it was the need to revamp ROAR as in....GET RID OF IT!!! I also enjoyed meeting people and hanging out with my fellow racers. After racing at Snowbirds last month this years Carpet Nats was definately a joke. Never will I go to that track and I will tell all the other racers that I race with locally not to ever waste their times. There are plenty of quality tracks to go to and HC is definately not one.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 02:13 PM   #654
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by punkboy
was the tire size rule enforced?

i ask, cuz i dont remember seeing them checking, and there was alot of talk before the race about them checking for that
When I was not racing I was hangin' out in the Tech area, they did not tch tires

they did do motors but not until the A-mains
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 02:13 PM   #655
Tech Addict

Okay, I think this is what it comes down to. Money.

The sanctioning body, yeah, they are a volunteer organization, but they also need to remember that a large percentage of the entrants to these national events are privateers who had to take vacation from work and spend a lot of money on travel, hotel, food, and their r/c equipment for the race. That doesn't include their ROAR membership nor their entry fee.

That is a lot of money to shell out to race toy cars - especially when you don't get any payout in the end (unless you are a factory team driver and you get bonuses from your sponsors).

So, I think racers have a right to expect a lot. Otherwise, we will just stay home and race at our club races and go to better races such as Cleveland Champs and the Snowbirds.

I've said this in the past - I wonder how many factory teams would send their drivers to these ROAR nationals if it weren't required to qualify for the IFMAR worlds events?

-Rich
RichChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 02:20 PM   #656
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by RichChang

I've said this in the past - I wonder how many factory teams would send their drivers to these ROAR nationals if it weren't required to qualify for the IFMAR worlds events?

-Rich
My guess is that it would be very limited.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:24 PM   #657
Company Representative

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

raffaelli: I agree.....
Tres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 02:27 PM   #658
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
By the way whats your opinion on this whole mess Raffaelli?
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 02:29 PM   #659
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Barry
Ya know I was all set to attend the offroad nats but I am seriously going to have to rethink it. The last one I was at was alot of fun but once again there was alot of issues that the same roar official was in the middle of. Now we have this mess, sorry but I dont know if I want to spend my 1000.00 and my vacation time to attend a fiasco. decision time will be coming soon. Not too mention I hate giving roar a penny because there is nothing to show for it.

Marcy puts on a great event. I haven't been to one yet that did not run smooth. Reconsider and you will not be disapointed.
sharkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 02:30 PM   #660
Tech Regular

Default Where are the final results???

Where are the final results???