R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-21-2005, 12:46 PM   #631
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

Him dropping F bombs in the drivers meeting and them not letting people come in and watch is Roars fault?
Old 03-21-2005, 12:47 PM   #632
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to smyka

now for the good stuff DAVID i like your post but her is a little info yes RON won a national with RAY driving but ray did have a motor guy and hopefully ray will post here also so he could thank todd putnam and putnam pro pulsion for the dialed horse power in his 1/12 car . we used the same brush combo that won cleveland snow birds and now the nats looks like its three in a row..

second i would like to thank ALEX V. for stepping up and doing some announcing when he didnt have to .

and for everyone planning on comming to the off road nats it will be a great time and yu wont even have to put new tires on every run thats a first ..
smyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 12:47 PM   #633
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by BigDogRacing
LMAO.... Joor humor strikes again.

I get my Rev-Ups right on time.

David it would be awesome for someone as good as you to take over the ROAR website. I know you don't have time, but I was just using you as an example.
....Read inbetween the lines here.....
Airtronics|Kyosho|
Tim Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 12:47 PM   #634
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If he knew 3 weeks before that he wasnt ready then he should have said something. I know that theres alot of good guys who go there and Im sure you could have gotten some help. As far as putting his name in for stuff to get his track known, be careful what you wish for. I think that judging from what Ive seen on here is that alot of people were very upset at the language, the turning away of spectators, and the overall lack of leadership that was exhibited. Do you think if you asked every driver there would they go back for another Nat. what would they say?
Old 03-21-2005, 12:50 PM   #635
Tech Master

david i saw at least five people in toso pits all weekend that were not racing and he let them in? my girl friends father was their all weekend also so yes people could come in and watch the race . as for the f bomb their was no excuse for that but he was under a lot of stress and i think it just all came out at that point carpet is not that cheap and that stuff was new this year .
Old 03-21-2005, 12:59 PM   #636
Tech Initiate

This race was sad. In the 15 years I have been racing, this was the only nats race that I wish I did not go to. If ROAR did not spend soo much time under my pit table, they would have a idea about how messed up they are, and do something about it, then maybe more tracks would want to host their races.
Dr. Pididiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:01 PM   #637
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Gotta say I agree with Mark on this. I was actually there so my accounts and impressions are first hand, unlike many of the comments on here. While I will agree that there were a "ton" of problems with the event, George is not solely at fault. Perhaps, the power outages were a problem too..Mark and I know what that was like first hand since Team Xray suffered from this very frequently!!

George's comments after the carpet cutting incident were certainly inexcusable, but were made out of frustration, anger and the heat of the moment...I'm sure no one here has ever said something they regretted later....

In any case, it is certainly a do or die situation for ROAR..if ROAR wants to continue to reap revenues from members and continue to be the "elite" sanctioning body in the US , then it must show its members that the money is being put to good use..ie Knowledgeable tech officials, tech tools (ride height, roof line, wing chord...) and that our requests and/or complaints should be listened to, reviewed and acted upon.

P.S. Congrats on the TQ Mark!!!!

Mike A
Butter
Old 03-21-2005, 01:05 PM   #638
Tech Master

thanks butter by the way how was the flight guess you should of made it for this morning
Old 03-21-2005, 01:08 PM   #639
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey Mark, great showing at the event. You truley are prooving to be a racing machine.

Carl and I were not involved with tech. There was a conscience decision at the event not tech as heavily as there really should have been. Therefore, the extra people in tech would not have helped. Also, since Carl and I were entered in the race, we were not eligible to perform in that manner.

I agree though...ROAR should have done SOMETHING to help out the tech....cause it was very lame. ROAR needs to provide a crew to do this and not rely on the host to find whomever they can to step in. Aside from George, nobody working tech had any experience at any level.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:12 PM   #640
Tech Champion

was the tire size rule enforced?

i ask, cuz i dont remember seeing them checking, and there was alot of talk before the race about them checking for that
punkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:14 PM   #641
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Pididiot
This race was sad. In the 15 years I have been racing, this was the only nats race that I wish I did not go to. If ROAR did not spend soo much time under my pit table, they would have a idea about how messed up they are, and do something about it, then maybe more tracks would want to host their races.

Geez now we're stealing avatars! Can you be origional and find your own

I guess its flattery when they copy you!
Old 03-21-2005, 01:15 PM   #642
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

No excuse about tech-none. This is the Nats-tech is everything. Any decent driver cheating stands to gain 0.1 to 0.2 sec per lap for example-times 32 laps. Ummmm-thats 3 to 6 seconds on a run. In heads up or qual points-that can be the difference between a guy running in the C and the A. I guarantee you guys took 1 to 2oz of lead out of there cars at a minimum.

Experience has nothing to do with this as well-as long as the crew is properly trained and performs there tasks consistently.

I am going with Rich and unregistered on this-stop making excuses for ROAR and for HC about tech.
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:18 PM   #643
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

No excuses.....it sucked.

Experience...or at least some training, would have gone a long way.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:18 PM   #644
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TeamButter

Smyka-Yeah..poor planning on my behalf...
Old 03-21-2005, 01:21 PM   #645
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

sounds like things didn't go as expected. oh well, i'm sure there were a lot of lessons learned by all. maybe hc should have held a regionals before having a nationals. maybe hosting a regionals could be a pre-requisite for a venue to hold a national event?? anyhow, just move on and try to make it better the next time.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote