R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-21-2005, 07:08 AM   #586
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Congrats to Ray Darroch with his Kinetix powered CRC 12th scale. First the Novak race and now the Nationals, Darroch is on a roll. And he did it without a motor man present at the track this time, great racing.

Dumas with the unstoppable Xray 19 turn!

AE | Reedy | KO | Tekin | Powermaster | Avid | Upgrade | BCE | Paint by Smiley
David Joor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 07:20 AM   #587
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by DIRTISFORWORMS

I cant wait till the off road mod nats at madness to take the black eye off the east coast,it will be first class.
For sure.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:22 AM   #588
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by 403forbidden
is someone from ROAR going to post here and address these problems?
I have been. However, most of these issues are over me, unfortunatley.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:27 AM   #589
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Ya know I was all set to attend the offroad nats but I am seriously going to have to rethink it. The last one I was at was alot of fun but once again there was alot of issues that the same roar official was in the middle of. Now we have this mess, sorry but I dont know if I want to spend my 1000.00 and my vacation time to attend a fiasco. decision time will be coming soon. Not too mention I hate giving roar a penny because there is nothing to show for it.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:58 AM   #590
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
Originally posted by JFCJ
Who won Masters?
Chuck Lonergan-3-years in a row I do believe!!

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 08:02 AM   #591
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

I think everyone is going about this all wrong...George for ROAR president...let's let him do with ROAR what he did with this event. Great job guys!

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 08:02 AM   #592
Tech Apprentice

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Bob, I wouldn't worry about the off-road Nats. Chris at madness is one of the best in the business at hosting large races. It will be a great event. At the same time everyone in New England knew that the Carpet National would be a joke. How they got the nationals was beyond me. How can you exspect them to handle 300 entries when the biggest race they ever had was only 30-35 entries.
Cready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 08:05 AM   #593
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Im not going to dispute Chris's ability to run program but In my opinion if you could ruin the nats at the tiltyard then no one is safe. Homers crew is known for running a top notch show and that track is one of the most dialed around. Makes me really wonder if its worth it. And with no controll tire that just added another few hundred onto the total trip.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:16 AM   #594
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default NATS

I attended the carpet NAts this weekend,my first roar national.I was not impressed with the whole thing, is this the way all nationals are ? Saturday,I finished my quals by 6 pm and was told we were running mains,at 9 pm we were told no mains till Sunday morning.Sunday morning came and they did't start running mains until noon.I left after the a2 mains at 6 pm last night and I'm sure they were running until 9.It seemed all weekend,no one could make a descision and stick to it.I still
had a good time but there were quite a few issues that to me seemed a little strange(not enough parking,pitspace was
incredibly tight,food thing was crazy)
I am definatly going to the madness for the Mod nats,I look forward to a well run large event after this one
MonkeyButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 09:04 AM   #595
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to stormperson

The last main ended at around 9:30pm last night ( it was the only main they rushed to start all weekend, lol).

Considering HC's expeariance holding big races they did fine, it was more issues between the track and ROAR, JLap and fixing problems that arose. I think a big kudos goes out to David Lee for staying up till 3am hand counting all of the resort since JLap was incapable of handling having it done by fastest round not qual points.

My $.02 for future nationals...

1)No JLap ever again!

2)Make sure that everyone understands how the event will be run, ie, reshuffle,

3)stick to a schedule, many people charged multiple batteries for one race since they kept on delaying their heat and thus messing up their peak. Everything kept on going later and later... I have only been going to big races for the past few years, but I have never been to a race that has been consistantly delayed so much.

4)Make sure you actually check off cars that have gone through tech! Tech was pretty much optional all weekend! I know many people who never bothered going through tech because they were late for a race or whatnot, and no one ever cared, I dont think it even was done for the A mains, although they did tear down the top three finishers motors.

All I have to say, is that I am looking forward to vegas, since scotty always runs an amazing show!

BTW, the offroad mod nats, should be fine. Chris will make sure everything is taken care of and his hobby shop actually stocks stuff you would want to buy.
stormperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 09:18 AM   #596
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by RichChang
Maybe she came in the front door and they thought she was a spectator so they sent her away? LOL!

-Rich
post of the day
dawgmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 09:31 AM   #597
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to DerekEngland Send a message via Yahoo to DerekEngland

Looks like everyone had a great time....

Is there a listing with the final results? TIA!
Old 03-21-2005, 10:02 AM   #598
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Joneser
Hector...you had better read your own post again...but let me help you. "Man every track in the last 3 years that roar has approved looks ratty. We have better tracks out there." Other than some spelling that I fixed, that was your comment.

The Gate held the nats last year and other than some Jlap issues I think it came off well. So, lets recap....you say the last 3 have been at "ratty" tracks....last years was at the Gate...therefore you are calling the Gate ratty. That is fine....have your opinion, but don't claim you did not say it and understand that it is ironic since you practically begged us to open up the days before the champs.

Hector...our building may not be pretty and the area might not be perfect but we have a group of people that keep the facility going and provide a place to race week in and week out. Plenty of pit space...a DIY snack bar, well stocked parts wall and a good group of people. We also have had a number of decent size races without any issues. Our Jlap issues have never included missing laps...just a few sorting and setup issues. We are looking at other options but $600.00 is something that a few of us regulars will have to cough up so we will think long and hard before doing it. You may have not meant your comments but you said them...might want to check your facts before saying something next time.
When I posted that I wasnt aware of the gate holding the nats, But I did say it was at a higher level then the chamber.
I liked the gate when I was there for the champs. There was nothing wrong with the building! I thought it was a cool location, Only complaint I had was those damn stairs!

So to those at the Gate I apologize on account I didnt remember you guys held the nats!
Old 03-21-2005, 10:21 AM   #599
Tech Master

Default Sad

What in the hell is going on with roar,Or better yet who is running roar.Guys please dont past judgement on the hole east coast behind this one poorly run event.I remeber the nats in Md were great and the nats in nc so please just let the powers that be resolve this issues.RC Madness is dialed and Chris is awsome the nats will be great so please come and enjoy.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:36 AM   #600
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There are a lot of interesting subjects being brought up here. I suggest that this not turn into a Bash ROAR or Bash anything as there is little to be gained by going there. Remember that ROAR is a at the present a volunteer organization and that it is your ROAR as much as anyone else's.

I can also say with complete confidence that anyone thinking of attending the ROAR Nationals at R. C. Madness will not be disipointed with Chris or how he runs the race or how he runs JLap.
rpoage is offline   Reply With Quote