R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-16-2005, 11:53 AM   #46
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by sg1
Hey Brian,
Thanks... lol... Lack of $$$... I'm just an average joe racer... lol... Nobody flips my bill... lol... Well sometimes Visa... lol...
Wayne
I know how that is. I decided to not go and just do oval Nats as they are a lil closer. About a hour drive. See you the Discover card. They have cash pay back but unfortunately it is based on how much you spend. hahahaha

Brian
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 11:54 AM   #47
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Rudedog55

Quote:
Originally posted by speedxl
This track is nice in the pic. But the one where the nats are being held at looks like crap. Man every track in the last 3 years that roar has aproved looks ratty. We have better tracks out there. I agree with toso that the europeans do it right.
This isnt a national caliber track!
Well here goes all the flame attacks now!
the track is actually very nice, clean and well maintained. i agree the boards are a little rough on cars, but as a whole it is a nice place to race. he used 2x4's to make the track which changes monthly. it is well lit and has enough pit space for a large turnout and plenty of power strips. what else do you need to race toy cars???? no flame just an opinion
Rudedog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 11:55 AM   #48
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack Smash
The problem is that a ROAR race isn't worth the time and effort to the good tracks. ROAR needs to figure out what they are doing wrong causing 0,1, & 2 tracks to bid on a national.
Well I think they are going somewhat in thr right direction as Kenny B (former Region 5 director) is now in the Track Director and from what I have been told he wants to make sure that the tracks are up to par before they consider there bid for a race and he also wants to get more tracks involved to increase Region level races and increase interest in ROAR. Now this is all stuff I have heard and I know Kenny is a stand up man.
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 12:43 PM   #49
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Marc Rheinard won't be competing in nats....he is european and does not live here.......hara has competed before, but he I guess had some form of residency....

Later EddieO
Old 03-16-2005, 01:12 PM   #50
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Anthony
I will be the first to make one. There will not be a defending champion winning 12th stock. Sorry Wayne had to say it.
Yea that ain't right. If would have know that I would have started a "SEND SG1 TO THE NATS FUND"
JohnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 01:21 PM   #51
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by EddieO
Marc Rheinard won't be competing in nats....he is european and does not live here.......hara has competed before, but he I guess had some form of residency....

Later EddieO
oh yea. /me smacks head. talk about a brain fart
NVisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 01:21 PM   #52
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Rudedog55
Default SG1

hell for a bmi 12th scale kit he coulda used my spare bedroom and got home cooked meals every night!!!
Rudedog55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 01:43 PM   #53
Tech Elite

Default Re: SG1

Quote:
Originally posted by Rudedog55
hell for a bmi 12th scale kit he coulda used my spare bedroom and got home cooked meals every night!!!
Wayne should be there around 1:30 AM.
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 01:50 PM   #54
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kwikvdub

Check out the layout on there cam. Just click PLAY:

http://www.hobbychamber.com/race_cam.htm

You can see them practice today and tomorrow.

See you all at the track!

TQRacing / 360 v2 RC Raceway / Team Downgrade Designs
Kwikvdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 01:59 PM   #55
Tech Adept

Default Track Cam (Mikes)

That track cam on Mikeshobbyshop.com is sweet! We have some high end Video Conferencing stuff here, but this cam is done very well.

You can take control of it, and I could read the gear chart on the inside of a one of the racers tool box lid by zooming in, lol.

That track does look very nicely done, pit space seems to be at a minimum though.

On Topic -

My pic is Dirt, love to see him take it.

Mike
SCML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 02:05 PM   #56
sg1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default rudedog55

You shoulda told me sooner... Hell I woulda threw in some TiCN kingpins and shock shafts...lol...
Old 03-16-2005, 02:09 PM   #57
Tech Regular

Default Re: Track Cam (Mikes)

Quote:
Originally posted by SCML
That track cam on Mikeshobbyshop.com is sweet! We have some high end Video Conferencing stuff here, but this cam is done very well.

You can take control of it, and I could read the gear chart on the inside of a one of the racers tool box lid by zooming in, lol.

That track does look very nicely done, pit space seems to be at a minimum though.

Mike
He just added the camera within the last two weeks. Pit space is not that bad. We just had the Texas state championships there this last weekend and had 179 entries with room to spare. There are also office rooms that are used to pit in that could probably hold another 25-30 people if used efficiently.
mtc3od is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 02:16 PM   #58
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

Pit space is not a problem at Mikes. I really hope he puts in a bid for nats next year. They have an onsite deli too. Can't beat that.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:18 PM   #59
Tech Adept

Cool, a local! (or 2) =) There were 265 entires at the Jimmy Babcock Offroad race @ So Cal, and there was BARELY enough room. That's entries though, probably more like 200 people tops. So Cal is what I have to compare to (here is the best shot I could find of pit space)Pit Area More tables to left and behind the camera as well.

It looks like there is room for tables to be setup, just not that many setup now at Mikes. Looks great though, nicely done. I've never raced on carpet, not sure how much I'd like it compared to asphalt. Next time I'm in Texas, I'll have to check that place out.

Mike

More So Cal Pics @ http://www.socalrc.com
SCML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 02:18 PM   #60
Tech Adept

TOSOLINI IN MOD
BLACKSTOCK IN 12TH
TOSOLINI IN 19T
JUST MY OPINION
thor is offline   Reply With Quote