Old 03-20-2005, 06:34 PM   #451
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Orton 333

Go RAY! Losi Losi Losi Losi
Orton 333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 06:35 PM   #452
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to darrochsbigfan

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE UPDATE. I've been waiting to hear what happened with ray all day. anyone else with info post asap....
darrochsbigfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 06:37 PM   #453
Tech Rookie

Go Darrocha nd with everyone buzzing about the JRSX. Too bad it didn't come out in time for that race... and he's running an XXX-S. Yay!
Old 03-20-2005, 06:44 PM   #454
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Orton 333

I really hope he wins. Too bad there's no info on Danny
Orton 333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 06:47 PM   #455
Tech Rookie

I haven't heard from either of them all day so I have no info. If they call tonight (which they do usually) I'll post something.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:48 PM   #456
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Thumbs down

All I have to say is never again..... Never again would I participate with ROAR event as long as DAVID LEE is behind the decision, Never again would I run at Hobby Chamber, and Never again would I run where Qual points are being used. THe ball was droppped so many times in the event that it became tiresome for us racers to listen to the excuse time and time again. WHat a failure this event was. ROAR what were you thinking???? Get rid of David Lee!!. He has forgotten this, pay attention to the racers that pay for racing, not only to the racers that get paid to race. It is very unfortunate for ROAR to have someone like this in his place with such a power trip? He wanted to DQ someone for tossing a water bottle???? What the f#%$?? All in all other than these problems, I enjoyed myself. Team Corally was awesome as a whole, Losi was really cool(Gil, Matt, and Billy), X ray was always in fashion, and lastley TRF was kick ass!!! But my hats off to Chris Toso for a killer event, just goes to show what the car can do. By the way, I like the beveled chassis Chris...... I will see you all soon.
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 06:52 PM   #457
Tech Rookie

Well Garcia your opinion seems to be that of the majority of everyone involved. I have never attended a national race... and I'm glad that I didn't decide to go to this one because first of all it would have been a horrible first impression if everyone was angry the whole time, and secondly they might not have even let me in to watch since I wasn't racing. Also rumor has it it's darn cold up there. haha.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:53 PM   #458
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Big Daddy Boomer

Quote:
Originally posted by Raul Garcia
All I have to say is never again..... Never again would I participate with ROAR event as long as DAVID LEE is behind the decision, Never again would I run at Hobby Chamber, and Never again would I run where Qual points are being used. THe ball was droppped so many times in the event that it became tiresome for us racers to listen to the excuse time and time again. WHat a failure this event was. ROAR what were you thinking???? Get rid of David Lee!!. He has forgotten this, pay attention to the racers that pay for racing, not only to the racers that get paid to race. It is very unfortunate for ROAR to have someone like this in his place with such a power trip? He wanted to DQ someone for tossing a water bottle???? What the f#%$?? All in all other than these problems, I enjoyed myself. Team Corally was awesome as a whole, Losi was really cool(Gil, Matt, and Billy), X ray was always in fashion, and lastley TRF was kick ass!!! But my hats off to Chris Toso for a killer event, just goes to show what the car can do. By the way, I like the beveled chassis Chris...... I will see you all soon.

Sounds like there is a bunch of stuff we havent heard about!
I hope something is learned from this and it doesnt get repeated.

My 2cents
Big Daddy Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 07:06 PM   #459
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 244 (99%+)
Thumbs down

Well It seems again, and I was not even at the race, that ROAR has put on another "wonderful" show!!!!! Maybe one day the racers will decide to just boycott ROAR races and find a new santioning body to proceed into the future of RC racing as a whole.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:08 PM   #460
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Quote:
Originally posted by Joneser
No, it actually doesn't....not even close. The only issue we had last year was the issues with Jlap.....on Saturday around 7-8 pm they decided that they were better off running the all mains on sunday because they wanted to double check EVERYTHING instead of having a bigger problem....so they opted to run the 6 or 7 races on Sunday instead. They did not spring that on anyone right before the scheduled start and it certainly wasn't late at night. There were no outbursts by anyone running the track....we did not have any major power issues, we did not have a rash of missed laps or any protests of any kind. The mains were done at a reasonable hour because the races had only a few minutes between heats with the exceptions of a few A mains. So in review....Jlap issues yes , facility issues of any kind including space, power, spectators...NO! People running the track...fine, tech...fine.....rules issues maybe 1 or 2 questions but nothing of any issue.

So, once again you have taken the opportunity to pass on an opinon of something you know nothing about. Boy you are going to be welcomed back with open arms at your local track!
Yeah-First we got Hector dissing the Gate-and then Jay=whos local. what the hell.

Anyways guys-I just got off the phone with a guy who is still there. He is pissed and you dont want to know what he said about the wole Nats weekend. It wasnt good and it rhymed with Yoke. Get it? And the Triple A-mains are still being run and its 9pm!!
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 07:15 PM   #461
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
BY the way, what about the DNA test for the package in the urinal?????
Team and Sales Manager for USRC Imports, home of Sworkz! Looking for drivers for 2017-2018, KingMax Servos www.kingmaxhobby.com Gens Ace www.gensace.com, MIP www.miponline.com,Schelle , WWW. Schelleracing.com, Slavich Designs, GARCIA GRAPHIX

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 07:16 PM   #462
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to KDagh1 Send a message via MSN to KDagh1

WOW.

All I can say is wow. I just finished reading this entire thread and I want to say thanks to everybody for posting. It felt like I was actually at the event. After reading all of this, it sounds like it was a miserable event. I am in no rush to go and run a ROAR event now.

That being said, I feel sorry for the people running this race. I know that a lot of balls were dropped but it sounds like they were under fire all week. Refusing spectators who drove 3 hours is beyond belief and I myself would have been furious and never raced at the track again.

I am saving up my time off from work and money to go and race at Scotty's big Las Vegas race.

Hats off to Tosolini and the other racers who made the A-mains.
KDagh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 07:21 PM   #463
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

...we need some RC bloggers to attend these major races.

A suggestion for future race directors is to find a volunteer with an internet connection to provide the general RC racing community with timely updates on the net. It should be that person's only job and that person would be fed the "unofficial" results from the race director at regular intervals. It would be nice and the race director who set it up would be a hero.

CRCRC club administrator
Kyosho RB6, Kyosho ZX6, Kyosho SC6, Kyosho MP9e TKI
RodneyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 07:26 PM   #464
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by rayhuang
Yeah-First we got Hector dissing the Gate-and then Jay=whos local. what the hell.

Anyways guys-I just got off the phone with a guy who is still there. He is pissed and you dont want to know what he said about the wole Nats weekend. It wasnt good and it rhymed with Yoke. Get it? And the Triple A-mains are still being run and its 9pm!!
Ray what gives? the other guy said the gate sucked I said it was world class compared to the gas chamber!

Reread the post dude!
Old 03-20-2005, 07:30 PM   #465
Tech Rookie

Ray Darroch is the national champion for 1/12 stock.