What was the final top ten in mod touring
laptraffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 02:49 PM   #423
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by laptraffic
What was the final top ten in mod touring
Don't ask for miracles. hahaha They still have to run A3 but it will be just 9 drivers as Toso won the first two so he is not allowed to run in the 3rd.
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 03:09 PM   #424
Tech Adept

Default 2005 MOD. CHAMPION

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Anthony
replied
THANKS BRIAN,,,AS YOU KNOW THERE IS NO COVERAGE, LET ME KNOW IF YOU HERE ANYTHING ABOUT 12TH MOD..

CONGRADULATION CHRIS.
POPS
thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 03:12 PM   #425
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: 2005 MOD. CHAMPION

Quote:
Originally posted by thor
THANKS BRIAN,,,AS YOU KNOW THERE IS NO COVERAGE, LET ME KNOW IF YOU HERE ANYTHING ABOUT 12TH MOD..

CONGRADULATION CHRIS.
POPS
Will do. My brother said he is in race 37 and thinks he might get to race before 8pm. Needless to sya they are running very slow.

I know Kenny is reading the forums and I reall hope ROAR makes soem changes now because after this race I wouldn't doubt it at all if attendance drops big time for ROAR races now.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:15 PM   #426
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to TL_XXX-S_racer

Ya i just hope they streighten things out before the Asphalt Nats down here in Florida. If not alot of people are going to be unhappy again.
I bet its still good racing though. I bet its very interesting. To bad i could be their to at least watch.

Team Corally

Superior Hobbies
"Supplying all your r/c racing needs"
TL_XXX-S_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 03:25 PM   #427
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to kennyb

Brian Anthony...trying to make notes! I'll try to work thing out and up.

Kenny B
kennyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 03:32 PM   #428
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by kennyb
Brian Anthony...trying to make notes! I'll try to work thing out and up.

Kenny B
Thanks Kenny. I know what you have done for Region 5 was all good and I know you will help us electric guys on the national level. It seams like none of this happens at gas or offroad events.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:50 PM   #429
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

tl-xxx-s-racer this has NOTHING to do with the on-road Nats that Speedline will be hosting in Oct. Joe always puts on a good and well organized race.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:50 PM   #430
Tech Fanatic

They are 6 hours into the mains and they just finished the 2nd A main in 19t. Theya re 2/3rds of the wya through the mains and people have already left. They are taking a 10 min break in between all races that the drivers are running back to back instead of running another heat in there. They might finish by 9pm tonight.6 hours not 2 3rds way through....10 min break.

I wish I could say results but my brother said they appear to be the best kept secret or are just hard to get to.
Old 03-20-2005, 03:59 PM   #431
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: 2005 MOD. CHAMPION

Quote:

CONGRADULATION CHRIS.
POPS
Pops Toso check your PMs.

Brian
Old 03-20-2005, 04:07 PM   #432
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr-Tamiya1
WOW sounds like a repeat of what happened in cleveland last year at the ROAR carpet nats, WITH one major and important difference though, we never ever would kick out spectators!!!! OR would the people who run the track EXPLODE like i hear George did.
No, it actually doesn't....not even close. The only issue we had last year was the issues with Jlap.....on Saturday around 7-8 pm they decided that they were better off running the all mains on sunday because they wanted to double check EVERYTHING instead of having a bigger problem....so they opted to run the 6 or 7 races on Sunday instead. They did not spring that on anyone right before the scheduled start and it certainly wasn't late at night. There were no outbursts by anyone running the track....we did not have any major power issues, we did not have a rash of missed laps or any protests of any kind. The mains were done at a reasonable hour because the races had only a few minutes between heats with the exceptions of a few A mains. So in review....Jlap issues yes , facility issues of any kind including space, power, spectators...NO! People running the track...fine, tech...fine.....rules issues maybe 1 or 2 questions but nothing of any issue.

So, once again you have taken the opportunity to pass on an opinon of something you know nothing about. Boy you are going to be welcomed back with open arms at your local track!

Last edited by Joneser; 03-20-2005 at 04:24 PM.
Joneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 04:10 PM   #433
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: 2005 MOD. CHAMPION

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Anthony
Pops Toso check your PMs.

Brian
THANKS SO MUCH....HE IS HAVING A BAD TIME WITH PHONES'
ONE OUT THE WINDOW AT THE SNOWBIRDS AND NOW THE NEW ONE ISN'T WORKING...GOTTA LOVE HIM
THANKS FOR THE HELP
POPS
thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 04:12 PM   #434
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: 2005 MOD. CHAMPION

Quote:
THANKS SO MUCH....HE IS HAVING A BAD TIME WITH PHONES'
ONE OUT THE WINDOW AT THE SNOWBIRDS AND NOW THE NEW ONE ISN'T WORKING...GOTTA LOVE HIM
THANKS FOR THE HELP
POPS
Not a problem. I'll try and get some other results if I can.

Brian
Old 03-20-2005, 04:20 PM   #435
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Greg Amendola

10min break? Sounds like very poor planning. There are plenty of opportunities to mix up the mains such that nobody should be anywhere near a back to back situation.

I feel real bad for everyone who is going to miss their main due to travel arrangements at this point. Nothing could be worse than spending $500-$1000 on a race and then not getting to run your main...

I am very gald I didn't attend this race this year. I just hope that this poor example of a National brings ROAR into focus on what it is they are trying to accompish. So far, I'd say they have alot of work to do from all the mistakes being made at the Nats this year.

Issues so far:
1) Lack of professionalism by staff
2) Obvious oversights - minimum lap, inventory, chairs
3) Track, jugs as corner weights? c'mon that's ghetto.
4) JLAP - the first time a lap was missed in qualifying, they should have stopped to check the system. I suspect that this same issue was present in practice... Why wasn't it addressed then?
5) Main Setup
6) Online results/ providing results
7) Pitting
8) Power

Seems like everything that could go wrong did. I've been to four of the past Nats, and as I recall all the tracks avoided the above issues altogether.

Point being, if you can't host a National and give it the effort it deserves, don't apply for one.
Greg Amendola is offline   Reply With Quote