Send a message via ICQ to kennyb

Rob K...I see. Interesting...
kennyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 12:42 PM   #407
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to Mr-Tamiya1 Send a message via AIM to Mr-Tamiya1

Quote:
Originally posted by RodneyB
Nice track. Is that permanent? I can't imagine an RC track could afford a place like that.

Good to hear some spectators were getting in at the nats.
Here is a track and facility in Dallas, TX. that should host a huge race, http://www.mikeshobbyshop.com/ I raced there back in november/december and man its huge, permanant and plenty of Electrical power, the carpet i beleive is like 110 X 65. Just ask Ron atomic, and Ralph burch he races there too. Not to mention the full size dirt track as well inside!!! Use the track cam to see the whole place and also the race pics. And I could never see Mike going off like what I heard from other racers George did. Or lets bring it back to the GATE!!!!!
Mr-Tamiya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 12:50 PM   #408
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Toso won A1 in mod touring by about half a lap.

They finally started racing at noon with all the mains to go. My brother said some guys are changing there travel plans as it is going to be a long day.
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 12:54 PM   #409
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by tazz888
Yes it is true. We were told that they were going to run the lower mains tonight. Many stayed at prepared for them then were informed at 9:30 PM that all mains were going to be run on sunday. Many of us could have left 4 hours earlier if this was anounced earlier. We were also told that the main listings would be posted on their website but it is now 12:15 PM and still no listing. Just like the rest of this race, all messed up and poorly run. All I can say is that I'm glad it's almost over and I tink many others feel the same way.
WOW sounds like a repeat of what happened in cleveland last year at the ROAR carpet nats, WITH one major and important difference though, we never ever would kick out spectators!!!! OR would the people who run the track EXPLODE like i hear George did.
Old 03-20-2005, 12:57 PM   #410
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Adam Hartzell

The only problem I can remember from Cleveland was software issues sorting out the mains. Otherwise its a great track with great operators. I just wish I lived closer so that I could race there every week.
Adam Hartzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 01:27 PM   #411
Tech Adept

Go Toso Corally/Brood/Pole Position
thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 01:45 PM   #412
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by Adam Hartzell
The only problem I can remember from Cleveland was software issues sorting out the mains. Otherwise its a great track with great operators. I just wish I lived closer so that I could race there every week.
Yeah it was software issues, thats what i was refering to because we were supposed to run our lower mains saturday night as well but didnt because of it. Aaron, Jim and holly did a fine job last year!!!!
Old 03-20-2005, 02:06 PM   #413
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
I saw this and had to argue the point. When you are wandering around the pit area and hear the race directors talking between themselves saying that if there was ANY rain, they would cancel the final round of qualifying, gimme a break. They did not want to run the final round; I think anyone who was there could tell you that. They wanted to get out of there early saturday. The tech was also questionable, as one racer was said to have removed the label from their handout motor and placed it on another make of motor and was allowed to run it. All in all, I thought the Portland race was one of the worse run events I had ever been to. But Barry still had the quote of the weekend: "Why don't the ROAR rep and the Race director put their heads together, make a decision, and ****ing stick to it?"
nihil, if you are going to start spreading BS around like this I'd like you to back it up. How about the name of the guy who told you someone changed the label (since it's what you heard and not what you saw for yourself), and the guy's name who actually changed the label and ran the illegal motor. If you can't produce either then I'll know it's BS. As for tech at this race, the Portland crew was promised all of ROAR's tech equipment and was delivered nothing. The guys running the race did their best to construct tech equipment to enforce ROAR rules and make the event run smoothly. All 3 major mags reported positive coverage of the way the race was run beginning to end so for you to say this was the worst run event you've ever been to it's quite frankly BS.

racer-oZ
racer-oZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 02:17 PM   #414
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Congrats to Chris Tosolini and Pole Position for being your 05 Mod TC National Champ!!!!!

I talked with my brother and he said they are on race 17 4 hours in and they are taking 10 min breaks between stock and 19t and also between mod. That puts the last main somewhere around 9pm or so tonight. I think someone messed this all up.

Brian
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 02:21 PM   #415
Tech Regular

Quote:
Hey Adam you racing stadium this tuesday?
Tony Szep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 02:23 PM   #416
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Adam Hartzell

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Szep
Hey Adam you racing stadium this tuesday?
I'll be in school, but I should be there in 2 weeks.
Adam Hartzell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 02:27 PM   #417
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Anthony
Congrats to Chris Tosolini and Pole Position for being your 05 Mod TC National Champ!!!!!

I talked with my brother and he said they are on race 17 4 hours in and they are taking 10 min breaks between stock and 19t and also between mod. That puts the last main somewhere around 9pm or so tonight. I think someone messed this all up.

Brian
you have PM
Tony
thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 02:28 PM   #418
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

Congrates Chris Tosolini and Brood. Going to be some fun going on tonight.....lol

Jeff
Jeff Werner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 02:29 PM   #419
Tech Regular

Quote:
I'll be in school, but I should be there in 2 weeks.
by then i may have a mf2
Tony Szep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 02:30 PM   #420
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to TL_XXX-S_racer

Is there any results on how the JRXS did? Like in Mod, 19T?

Team Corally

Superior Hobbies
"Supplying all your r/c racing needs"
TL_XXX-S_racer is offline   Reply With Quote