R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-20-2005, 09:23 AM   #376
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

interesting. this race is just full of drama!
NVisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 09:27 AM   #377
Company Representative

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hoosierdaddy: Contingency $$$$$
Tres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 09:31 AM   #378
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Hoosierdaddy
What is the protest about?
I am just guessing, and hoping, it's against a driver using an upapproved modified motor. In this case brushless.

Problem is, results have to be protested within 15 minutes of the posting of the race or round rssults in question. I don't think one can protest results from a previous day's racing.

I think the only thing a protest can accomplish at this point is scaring a driver using an unapproved motor into using an approved one for the mains for fear of being protested properly, then disqualified.
Rick Hohwart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 09:34 AM   #379
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

actually francis missed some laps and they added some back or something along that line. now this is all personal transponders so the racer is responsible for missed counts. at least that what I though. I think the motor issue is a non issue now. but it could be the reason that a trinity driver is fighting to get in the "A" and knock the brushless driver out.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 09:37 AM   #380
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

Rick I wonder with the issues that they were having with the posting of any results that maybe ROAR would make an "Exception" to its own protest rule.

Keep us informed I think this morning is going to be very interesting.

Jeff
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 09:37 AM   #381
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Werner
I think a great model for how a nats should be done was the 2004 Paved Nats in Portland. That event was well ran, positive enviroment and track layout/looks and pits were great. Jeff
I saw this and had to argue the point. When you are wandering around the pit area and hear the race directors talking between themselves saying that if there was ANY rain, they would cancel the final round of qualifying, gimme a break. They did not want to run the final round; I think anyone who was there could tell you that. They wanted to get out of there early saturday. The tech was also questionable, as one racer was said to have removed the label from their handout motor and placed it on another make of motor and was allowed to run it. All in all, I thought the Portland race was one of the worse run events I had ever been to. But Barry still had the quote of the weekend: "Why don't the ROAR rep and the Race director put their heads together, make a decision, and ****ing stick to it?"

Quote:
David Lee is the Designated Offical at this event.
That actually explains a lot

Stupid question, if there aren't any spectators involved, I guess we won't be reading about any results in any magazines, right
nihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 09:50 AM   #382
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

Well I do not want to get on here and debate you on your points. The over heard conversation of the race directors after being at the track for a week of working and putting up with us racers and our always positive attitudes may lead a person to say that an early night would be a good thing. The conversation you stated was a personal one between two people...not an announcement to the racers. I will have to look at my handouts again....I thought that they were etched with the handout number on the can, endbell and arm. Mine were done that way as were all of my sets of premount tires marked as well. Tech was an issue early in the event because the promissed tech equip never showed up from ROAR. I did not say the event was perfect.

My bet is hosting a large event like this is a no win situation. We wonder why only a track or two even put in for them.

Omaha that would rock if you got the 2006 carpet nats!

Jeff
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 09:54 AM   #383
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I second the Omaha vote...

Probably one of the best indoor facilities in the country....
Old 03-20-2005, 09:56 AM   #384

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

GO TORTORICE!!!! LIL T IS MY HERO!
Old 03-20-2005, 10:17 AM   #385
Tech Adept

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rick Hohwart
[B]I am just guessing, and hoping, it's against a driver using an upapproved modified motor. In this case brushless.

why dont you just grow up.we sick of hearing you complain about brussless,roar man it just proves something [fergie] give him the wright s.. t and man can he perform :way to go fergie you have proved every one wrong ORANGE POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
red robinhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 10:22 AM   #386
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

"we sick of hearing you complain about brussless,roar man"

Public education has failed us.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 10:25 AM   #387
drx
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to drx

Can someone help me out here?

Maybe the wrong place to ask, but am I right in thinking that ROAR provides only minimal support for these "nationals"? Are the support personel - race director, timing & scoring/tech/etc. left up to the track/club hosting the event?

It sure looks that way and that doesn't seem exactly right.

I came to RC via kart racing. Some of you may have heard of the national org, SKUSA. Back in the day when a guy named Jim Murley ran the show, the nationals were staffed by what became known as the "A-team". This was a group of individuals, more or less hand-picked for their expertise, to hold down certain important responsibilities like Tech, grid, starter, T&S and so on. A track or club might host the race, but SKUSA brought the core people and equipment to service the race. Those races went pretty well, and best of all offered a lot of consitency. Going to a SKUSA tour race, you knew what to expect.

Doesn't seem like that's the case w/ ROAR. I wonder why?
drx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 10:31 AM   #388
Tech Initiate

Default motors

according to this post. http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=66260
roar appoved brushless motors back in january, following ifmars rule change.
SCOTT HOWARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 10:33 AM   #389
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Read back a bit. It's not that brushless has been approved, it's that prototype units are being run that have not gone through the approval process.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:34 AM   #390
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

As a soon to be track owner(opening April 15,2005)I will NEVER host any big race other than my own.From what i have read in this thread it seems that no one is happy.. The owner is stressed to the max(at least that is what it sounds like)Roar can not make a decision(thats what it seems like)The only reason i can think of as why you would want to stress your self running a big race like this is ego,just so you can say..I held the Nationals.