R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-19-2005, 09:17 PM   #316
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The Meltdown:
I watched the pre race meltdown by George. I make no excuse for him. His actions were deplorable. But remeber that someone saw a tear in the carpet and took scissor to it without consulting George. He has been able to repair those kinds of things by glue it down. Now he wqas left with a hole in the carpet which he paid for and which in turn puts food on his table. ROAR and Hobby Chamber will part ways after this event, I annouced that several weeks ago.

Spectors:
I am sorry that some people were booted. I do not know why and was unaware that was happening. There were many non racers standing track side in the pits.

The power situation:
It was recommended by ROAR (me) that he review his power in the building. He 'assured' ROAR that he could power every outlet in the building.

Track layout:
This layout was designed by Frank Calandra. All lanes, despite what may be showing hte in pictures are 8' wide. I measured myself.

Brushless/Brushed:
Take up that mess with the Ex Com. They decided to do this.

JLap:
I understand that the minimum lap time was left too high. Rookie mistake that caused people laps.

Resort:
I believe the resort was done properly according to single fastest run. Qual points are being used to seat for the mains.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:17 PM   #317
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It is actually a red truck that is now yellow. Further more why don't you go look at the way ifmar decides on tracks and what goes into selecting and making sure the track is up to par. I think that there guidlines might help Roar.

I think Roar is really the biggest waist of people's time money and everything else you can think of. All you see is them condradicting themselves changing rules all the time not picking right tracks making rules as they go and when you say anything anyone that deals with roar goes off and gets all defensive. They say how they have limited budget and its all volunteer and what ever lame ass excuse. This hobby could just explode into a mainstream big time thing if you had someone that new how to promote the hobby. Roar has no intentions of promoting the hobby. All they want to do is make rules and changes rules and argue with people on the internet about the rules. But you get insurance as a member who hoo!!
huskerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 09:19 PM   #318
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by huskerfreak
It But you get insurance as a member who hoo!!
Old 03-19-2005, 09:19 PM   #319
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Does that facility have a website Husker?

People always point out how US races and facilities don't compare to the Eruopean facilities. I would normally agree, but this track looks to be superb.
JKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 09:22 PM   #320
Tech Fanatic

But what can you do that is all there is and you have to live with it. I know that some really do have good intentions. I just don't understand why sometimes that they don't take advice from the us the racers.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:22 PM   #321
bpm
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by raffaelli
Motors must be on the approved list and in distribution before it can be used at a ROAR sanctioned event.

Unless it is brushless. then it is a-ok to run it without approval. Just ask Novak & LRP

Brian
bpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 09:27 PM   #322
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by JKA
Does that facility have a website Husker?

People always point out how US races and facilities don't compare to the Eruopean facilities. I would normally agree, but this track looks to be superb.
Here is the web site link

here is the address for the people that don't use the link right now www.hthpr.com
Old 03-19-2005, 09:27 PM   #323
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

I don't have any comment on all the other stuff, but I will say that from what I saw, Frank designed a great layout. The only other thing I will say is check out some of these. We got some real nice brains posting in this thread:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...0&pagenumber=1
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 09:35 PM   #324
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

huskerfreak, if you guys hold nats I will come!

racer-oZ
racer-oZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 09:51 PM   #325
Administrator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

me too..that is a great looking facility....
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 10:03 PM   #326
Tech Addict

Is there a check-list provided to the host track in regards to certain parameters they should meet and test for before the race date (and also during the race)?

For instance, to start a list if there isn't already one:

1) power - since the maximum number of entries is fixed, it should be fairly simple to figure out minimm power requirements off of that figure?

2) scoring system - it would seem a quick test before qualifiers (and one that could be tested during practice) is to figure out the proper minimum lap time should be.

Not everyone is as organized as needed or really has experience putting on a big race. The nationals need to be at a top-level organization wise.

-Rich

Quote:
Originally posted by kennyb
Any track wanting to host a nataional event has to apply to hold the event.

(...)

ROAR can not control the actions of any one person or track owner. We provide guidelines and try to manage situations, the overall race experience and atmoshpere falls on the shoulders of the race host and race director.

(...)

Kenny B
ROAR ExComm
RichChang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 10:06 PM   #327
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by raffaelli
The Meltdown:
I watched the pre race meltdown by George. I make no excuse for him. His actions were deplorable. But remeber that someone saw a tear in the carpet and took scissor to it without consulting George. He has been able to repair those kinds of things by glue it down. Now he wqas left with a hole in the carpet which he paid for and which in turn puts food on his table. ROAR and Hobby Chamber will part ways after this event, I annouced that several weeks ago.

Spectors:
I am sorry that some people were booted. I do not know why and was unaware that was happening. There were many non racers standing track side in the pits.

The power situation:
It was recommended by ROAR (me) that he review his power in the building. He 'assured' ROAR that he could power every outlet in the building.

Track layout:
This layout was designed by Frank Calandra. All lanes, despite what may be showing hte in pictures are 8' wide. I measured myself.

Brushless/Brushed:
Take up that mess with the Ex Com. They decided to do this.

JLap:
I understand that the minimum lap time was left too high. Rookie mistake that caused people laps.

Resort:
I believe the resort was done properly according to single fastest run. Qual points are being used to seat for the mains.
How about the results of all qualifies???
My friends told me from the nats that everyone left the track without knowing what mains they race tomorrow!!!!

Is this true?
AlanLim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 10:20 PM   #328
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by AlanLim
How about the results of all qualifies???
My friends told me from the nats that everyone left the track without knowing what mains they race tomorrow!!!!

Is this true?
Yes it is true. We were told that they were going to run the lower mains tonight. Many stayed at prepared for them then were informed at 9:30 PM that all mains were going to be run on sunday. Many of us could have left 4 hours earlier if this was anounced earlier. We were also told that the main listings would be posted on their website but it is now 12:15 PM and still no listing. Just like the rest of this race, all messed up and poorly run. All I can say is that I'm glad it's almost over and I tink many others feel the same way.
tazz888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 10:23 PM   #329
Tech Adept

Exclamation WAS'UP Rafaelli

I'm going up on sunday.

as far as ROAR what a joke! you pay for a membership so you could be heard.... and they don't listen. O well I hope no one renew their membership this year. we have the book who cares from now on. if brushless are legal why not 3700's for the people using regular mods?

as far as Hobby Chanbers? oh well
is not like the carpet is staying there, is going to be removed for the summer time. when is time to lay it back down put that side towards the wall.

Hey guys If you guys want a track that spectators are welcome, that has more elbow room, races are ran profecionally and women don't have to use mens bathroom.
come to www.southshorehobby.com (carpet is getting changed)
hope to see all of the drivers assisting at Hobby Chambers this week end at our track at the begining of the season.
Old 03-19-2005, 10:23 PM   #330
Tech Master

Not knowing the mains........ I believe the schedule says that every Main up to like the E main must be run on Saturday night. Tomorrow should be interesting.

Glad that after 4 rounds of qualifying we don't know who TQed each class officially.

Rich........ ROAR has a Nationals Guidelines rule book specifically for the tracks hosting a National. Not sure the details it goes into but apparently not enough detail.

I understand that ROAR provides rules and guidelines for a track, but to say that it is out of ROAR's hands is nuts. I thought a ROAR rep or even the President attended these races to help with things. The tracks that host these races represent ROAR at these races and should provide a solid race and a good show. I know not every race goes off without a hitch so things happen.

Jeff