Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Skiddins
To the people who insist on trying to have more steering lock In the latest Xray column for the magazines he explains why they reduced the steering lock to help carry corner speed.

Skiddins
I'll rather be the one to decide how much steering I need. I can adjust it down accordingly wIth the radIo. I'm dremmel it down to my liking.
It's my car so I guess I can do what I please with it.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by porsche928gs
I'll rather be the one to decide how much steering I need. I can adjust it down accordingly wIth the radIo. I'm dremmel it down to my liking.
It's my car so I guess I can do what I please with it.
Of course you can do whatever you like with it

Just thought some of the armchair engineers would like a heads up on a piece of info that would explain why what they're trying to achieve will actually make the car slower.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

Well, mark my words. They will have some kind of an option to increase the steering. In the meantime as part of the hobby, I will improve my car to handle any kind of layout at my track. If you check our new layout at mikeshobbyshop.com you'll see is very challenging. By the way this track is minutes from RC America the Xray US distributor.

Last edited by porsche928gs; 10-28-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old 10-28-2012, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Well, mark my words. They will have since kind of an option to increase the steering. In the meantime as part of the hobby, I will improve my car to handle any kind of layout at my track. If you check our new layout at mikeshobbyshop.com you'll see is very challenging. By the way this track is minutes from RC America the Xray US distributor.
I found some video's on Youtube of the venue but couldn't see any pics of the carpet track.

Skiddins
Old 10-28-2012, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

Go to the web site they have a live cam. Www.mikeshobbyshop.com.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

They also broadcast the races on liverc.com. Right now the onroad track is covered to prevent the dust setting on it. We race on Thursday nights and Saturdays mornings central standard time.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:34 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trigger
Set up changes should be no different regardless of what chassis make it is. Heck I use the same philosophy with on road or off road. The laws of physics don't change.
I think what he was trying to say that with the T3 12 to make the car do certain things like Roll over the rear or rotate you could change the car and make it do that. With the new car because the roll centers are different due to different location of the bulk heads the exact same changes doe effect the T4 the same. Paul found this in Vegas that the car reacted slightly different than the older car. Once he figured it out though it was similar but not the exact same.

EA
Old 10-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

well got a quote back for anodizing..turn around was going to be 2-3 weeks..I can wait that long to build my kit! So I decided to go with silver instead of black. Decided to strip and polish the aluminum pieces to give them an old school xray look..like the T1 and T2. Thanks for the suggestion trigger!

Before:

After:

The parts are shinier than the picture shows. Now that hard work is done.. now for the fun part.. building the kit
Old 10-28-2012, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Tks for explaining my comment better. Luckily for me I haven't gotten too familier with my T3 12 so I haven't foundmy go to changes to get the car to drive better.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Thats looks good. Bling Bling

Originally Posted by eds24
well got a quote back for anodizing..turn around was going to be 2-3 weeks..I can wait that long to build my kit! So I decided to go with silver instead of black. Decided to strip and polish the aluminum pieces to give them an old school xray look..like the T1 and T2. Thanks for the suggestion trigger!

Before:

After:

The parts are shinier than the picture shows. Now that hard work is done.. now for the fun part.. building the kit
Old 10-28-2012, 11:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Anybody run into issues fitting a pinion in the car with a d3.5? If I turn the pinion so the screw is closer to the motor it ends up on the non flatspot portion of the motor shaft....If I turn the pinion the other way the pinion hangs off the end of the motor shaft a little and is into the battery....?

Using PRS pinions and the RW "xray" gears. Are any other brand of pinions shorter? The PRS gears I have measured @ 9.75mm thick. I had a buddy measure one of the CRC gold standard pinions and it came in @ 9.1mm. Anybody know of anything a little thinner?
Old 10-28-2012, 11:59 PM
Tech Regular

Well, mark my words. They will have some kind of an option to increase the steering.
Do you want a bet,

Bb
Old 10-29-2012, 12:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Potoczak
Do any other springs fit on this car or just the X-ray springs???
Tshox springs from AME fit without modification.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

im using 450cst shock oil..tires overheat after 3 minutes run
Old 10-29-2012, 01:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xpress
Anybody run into issues fitting a pinion in the car with a d3.5? If I turn the pinion so the screw is closer to the motor it ends up on the non flatspot portion of the motor shaft....If I turn the pinion the other way the pinion hangs off the end of the motor shaft a little and is into the battery....?

Using PRS pinions and the RW "xray" gears. Are any other brand of pinions shorter? The PRS gears I have measured @ 9.75mm thick. I had a buddy measure one of the CRC gold standard pinions and it came in @ 9.1mm. Anybody know of anything a little thinner?
I don't have a problem but they could've made the pinion hole a bit bigger though, I use xray offset spurs though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.