Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mac853

And i wonder to know about Reflex racing site, why they rebranded inserts of pivot block of conversion kit of Specr as their own then sell them with double price.
Will they care to buy Specr ones, since they are the same kind?
Doesn't bother me a bit. This is done is all industries for all kinds of products and if they happen to have what I need when I order them then I'm paying the little bit extra.

Reflex has supported our hobby very well and represents themself here online on a regular basis which is more than I can say about many/most of the companies out there. I'd be glad to pay him a couple dollars more for his inserts in exchange for his help here.
Old 03-05-2014, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Troy Carter
Doesn't bother me a bit. This is done is all industries for all kinds of products and if they happen to have what I need when I order them then I'm paying the little bit extra.

Reflex has supported our hobby very well and represents themself here online on a regular basis which is more than I can say about many/most of the companies out there. I'd be glad to pay him a couple dollars more for his inserts in exchange for his help here.
I know this question is so annoyed, thanks!
Old 03-05-2014, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TWILL
I have two T4 cars and I run VTA and USGT. I have decided to go with two V2 conversions rather than buying two T4 14 cars. I ordered the conversion kits from reflex over a week ago so I hope they get here soon. I run on carpet and hope to run VEGAS this year... Keep posting information on this thread because any information will be a help....
Tony you racing this weekend?
Old 03-06-2014, 04:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default I WISH!

Originally Posted by Bigz84
Tony you racing this weekend?
I think we are racing on Sunday and I have to work the CAR SHOW at the IX center. I am going to start rebuilding my cars Friday(my only day off this week). My RSD V2 kits got here last night and I am looking forward to converting the cars over. I am also going from Spektrum to Futaba. I am changing a few other things and cant wait to get back to the track. The only problem I have is that March is one of the biggest months of the year so I need to work to support MY RC CAR ADDICTION!!!!!! I hope to get some practice in before GRAND FINALLY next month but we will se what happens.

Last edited by TWILL; 03-06-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:33 AM
Tech Regular

Default I think I need a chart!!!!

Looking at the RSD conversion for the T4 I need to know if there is a chart to tell me the values on the cams that capture the hinge pins? I will look at XRAYS instructions for the T4 14 to see if their is anything similar. If someone out there can point me in the right direction let me know. Thanks
Old 03-06-2014, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TWILL
Looking at the RSD conversion for the T4 I need to know if there is a chart to tell me the values on the cams that capture the hinge pins? I will look at XRAYS instructions for the T4 14 to see if their is anything similar. If someone out there can point me in the right direction let me know. Thanks
I guess you can try Yokomo BD7 pins or even can use in the rear pins for HPI PRO4 or HB Cyclone
Old 03-06-2014, 06:12 AM
Tech Addict

I guess you can try Yokomo BD7 pins or even can use in the rear pins for HPI PRO4 or HB Cyclone
i dont think thats what he was asking,he wants to know the values,ie what toe in it gives for a given insert position,
i cant help with that but im sure cristian can help
Old 03-06-2014, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chasingthepack
i dont think thats what he was asking,he wants to know the values,ie what toe in it gives for a given insert position,
i cant help with that but im sure cristian can help
Sorry the misunderstanding, i thought he has problem of pins benting.

Maybe this can help you, i hope:
Attached Thumbnails Xray T4 '13-suspension-mount-table.jpg  
Old 03-06-2014, 07:46 AM
Tech Addict

Default t4 13 with RSD conversion

I have an xray t4 13 that had the RSD conversion. I run the car in vta, so I converted it back to stock t4 13. I was wondering if it was a good choice to do this since vta is not that fast and a RSD conversion would not be that be that useful for that class?
Old 03-06-2014, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bigtee
I have an xray t4 13 that had the RSD conversion. I run the car in vta, so I converted it back to stock t4 13. I was wondering if it was a good choice to do this since vta is not that fast and a RSD conversion would not be that be that useful for that class?
I believe that VTA is just as competitive as any other class and that you'll want everything in your arsenal to run at the top of that class. The cars may be slower but that just highlights the need to run the best chassis you can.

I would run the RSD conversion because I've learned to really love it and find that it has a good sized setup window that is easy to adjust. However, there are plenty of people faster than I am who will take a '13 car out of the box and run me over with it. Point is either will work, the RSD is IMO better.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

I do not believe that the Spec-R chassis and the RSD chassis have the RF holders in the same location which makes is so that chart doesn't work for the RSD chassis. Maybe I'm wrong, but from my measures it doesn't seem to correspond.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Troy Carter
I do not believe that the Spec-R chassis and the RSD chassis have the RF holders in the same location which makes is so that chart doesn't work for the RSD chassis. Maybe I'm wrong, but from my measures it doesn't seem to correspond.
I made this quite a while back and believe it to be accurate, though small variances can occur.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j774j6oo2h...th%20sheet.pdf
Old 03-06-2014, 01:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What is the difference between a standard T4 2013 and a T4 with a RSD conversion? I know that the hinge pin holders use inserts and mount to the chassis on the conversion. What does this do for handling?

Thanks
Old 03-06-2014, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by torinogt1971
What is the difference between a standard T4 2013 and a T4 with a RSD conversion? I know that the hinge pin holders use inserts and mount to the chassis on the conversion. What does this do for handling?

Thanks
this chassis will give you a ton more steering but keep the rear planted. much easier to drive.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default THANKS

Thanks for the chart that's what I had in mind. I will start the build tomorrow morning and hope to have one of the cars done by Sunday night. Thanfs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.