Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Old 08-10-2013, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oladele
Anyone know where in the states you can order the new XRay closed Layshafts part# 303056? I can't find them anywhere not even XRay's own website!
I just got mine yesterday as well as the new white belts , but I had my buddy who is an Xray driver order them. He ordered them direct from RCamerica I believe. So I know they have them. Maybe give them a call?
Old 08-10-2013, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cyba888
Thanks do they hold up on asphalt? I see you run carpet mostly
I run both roughly equal amounts.

Ok, so far.
The big test is tomorrow with a track that has a banked sweeper that isn't that smooth
Old 08-10-2013, 05:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Skiddins
I run both roughly equal amounts.

Ok, so far.
The big test is tomorrow with a track that has a banked sweeper that isn't that smooth
Thanks let me know how it holds up
Old 08-12-2013, 03:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hi guys, i know this has been asked ages ago but i cant seem to find the answer:

my servo link is hitting the top deck and i followed the assembly as per the manual. what did i do wrong? what should i look at it all looks fine at a distance. Since its hitting the top deck, i can't get full lock on right.

many thanks in advance.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:32 AM
Tech Regular

Post a picture mate
Old 08-12-2013, 03:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alecladanga
hi guys, i know this has been asked ages ago but i cant seem to find the answer:

my servo link is hitting the top deck and i followed the assembly as per the manual. what did i do wrong? what should i look at it all looks fine at a distance. Since its hitting the top deck, i can't get full lock on right.

many thanks in advance.
What kind of servo are you using. A picture would be good to see.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:11 AM
Tech Master

many thanks in advance.
This can happen (it's very close on mine using a Savox 1251).

The solution is to lower the servo on the mounts. Put a couple of pieces of card between the servo and the overhead carbon mount, then tighten the mounting screws, then remove the card.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:17 AM
Tech Elite

many thanks in advance.
You've almost certainly put the steering arms on the wrong way up
Look carefully at the black plastic parts in the following picture;

Old 08-12-2013, 06:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

many thanks in advance.
I had a similar problem with a pre built T4 I purchased.

Make sure the flat surface of the turnbuckle is horizontal so that it doesn't hook up on the top deck.

I found that by removing 1mm from the spacers between the ball stud and the servo saver, the slight angle created allowed the turnbuckle to be further to the rear of the curve in the top deck. This was sufficient to stop it catching.

I expect there are minor differences in servo dimensions between brands which will cause these minor irritations.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:07 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Skiddins
You've almost certainly put the steering arms on the wrong way up
Look carefully at the black plastic parts in the following picture;

damian i heard you were in a car crash,hope your ok

this happens on my sons t4 (savox)i have checked the pics and there correct,its with the top hole on the standard servo horn,i use a different horn on mine and it doesnt hit,i had to use the lower hole to get the clearance on his
Old 08-12-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Regular

I'm using a savox and its close but there is still enough room that it dosent touch when I crash haha
Old 08-12-2013, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

many thanks in advance.
The only thing I can think of is maybe the servo is sitting too high. My linkage is close, but doesn't hit (although I'm going to go double-check tonight now that you mention it).

-Mike
Old 08-12-2013, 03:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

many thanks in advance.
Just take out the 6mm spacer and put on 4mm where the link is mounted to the alu steering plate.. Works for Adrian Berntsen so it works for me
Old 08-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm looking at buying and setting up a T4 in the near future (I do have a Yokomo BD7 that I'm eyeing as well), and have some general questions about the T4 that I hope you guys can answer.

1.) Is Xray really the best out there for on-road?? I'm wanting to buy something that will last me a good while, through my re-learning of RC (been out of it for a couple years).

2.) Am I gonna have to replace parts all the time? I tend to be a little rough on cars, and will be while I'm looking to relearn how to drive a RC car.

3.) What kind of part support can I expect? My nearest tracks are a couple hours away (Mike's Hobby Shop/Indy RC) in the Dallas area. From what I've been able to tell, XRay parts are more readily available than parts from Yokomo. Can I continue to see this in my shops?

Thanks Guys! Look forward to your answers soon!
Old 08-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikeohara
Thanks Guys! Look forward to your answers soon!
I don't have enough experience with my T4 yet to specifically address your questions, but I can tell you why I went with one.

First is price vs. performance vs. quality vs. tuning options. It's cheaper than the Yokomo, and pretty much everything comes in the kit. The only things I'm adding are DCJs, and some springs for carpet. I'm not even buying spares (except for the cheap Spec-R spool cups, and I should probably grab a rear belt), because I don't crash hard very often any more. And with the way the suspension arms mount, you can tune pretty much everything with just spacers. The Yokomo has a higher base price, and doesn't come with the center servo mount, and needs different suspension blocks for messing with rear toe, front sweep, and track width.

Second is straight performance. I care more about carpet than asphalt (because I race 2-3 times as much on carpet). XRays in general have always excelled on high grip carpet, and the T4's low-CG design concept was very appealing to me having struggled with traction roll a lot in the past. Also, pretty much everyone on here who got a T4 loved it straight out of the box, being right on pace or faster than what they had been running before.

Third is that it's an XRay. I felt like after driving not XRay for 3.5 years, it was time to try orange, and see if I like the taste.

If you were to go with the T4, though, I'd wait for the T4'14, which is probably only 2-3 months away now. Scroll back to the discussions of Hagberg's car at the Euros if you're wondering why.

-Mike

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.