Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Old 10-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
How are the T4s working at IIC? Anyone on the inside with any feedback?
Paul, Drew, EA and Andrew are running T4 cars. EA is running his in the 13.5 class due to Scotty not allowing it in the 17.5 class.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Maxey
Spring cups allows for this.

Wow it sure is missing alot of screws in the top deck.
And did you notice the shims in the steering... just to get it flat.... Also the split blocks in the front, and solid in the rear.... Guess he really wanted more steering....
Old 10-03-2012, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Breezy1
Paul, Drew, EA and Andrew are running T4 cars. EA is running his in the 13.5 class due to Scotty not allowing it in the 17.5 class.
WHAT!!! Blake does not have one? You need to get on someone....
Old 10-03-2012, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yes, is he also running a older thicker bumper and 48pitch spur? I sure hope I can use 64 pitch gears without worry of stripping them out. lol

The one reoccurring design feature I see in all the Tamyia knock offs has to do with the chassis shape. I noticed that Tamiya has deeper cuts just behind the rear front tires and just in front of the rear tire. I think I understand why they did this. This is where you get consistent flex. The battery and electronics restrict the chassis flex. Would the flex points to be more consistent in these areas? When I first saw the T4 chassis I didn't see any cuts in these areas. I have to say I questioned it. I figured it was to do with having a chassis more suitable for all track conditions and allow more space for weights on each side. This would explain why the team drivers have removed so many screws from the upper deck. I'm a bit leering of the T4 design shape now since the T4 chassis seems to need some tweaking to get it to work on carpet. I would have thought the T4 chassis would have been stiffer and better on carpet.

Second, I'm not sold on these new servo mounts. I actually think it makes the chassis flex inconsistent. I almost wonder if it would be better to put a thin piece of graphite the width of the electronics side and servo tape the electronics to it. This would be more consistent with the flex restriction of the battery. I'm just not sold on them yet and I think there is a better way to get it consistent. Would it be better to isolate the battery area and electronics side flex and put the flex points where tamiya puts it? Any thoughts.

Originally Posted by bvoltz
And did you notice the shims in the steering... just to get it flat.... Also the split blocks in the front, and solid in the rear.... Guess he really wanted more steering....
Old 10-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3dJA...feature=relmfu

Martin making a presentation.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Pre-order Free shipping now !!
Old 10-04-2012, 12:51 AM
NR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Maxey

Wow it sure is missing alot of screws in the top deck.
Certainly a little worrying
Old 10-04-2012, 01:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by trigger
You silly brits, always assuming.
And you assume all us Brits are silly, you nincompoop!

Bb
Old 10-04-2012, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

Quote from Martin Hudy, giving the reason for using a nut on the motor mount instead of threaded alloy;

"The problem when you tight the screw directly to the motor mount may occure when you crash because the car may stay tweaked. While when you use the nut, after crash the tension on motor mount may return back as the nut with the screw allows for some movement. It is hard to explain but it is easy to understand when you crash with T3 2012 car, you may not even know that your car is tweaked but when you put the car on the set up blocks and lift the car (use the centric balancing hole and 1.5mm tool) it may happen that one of the sides lifts earlier, when you untight the screw which holds the motor mount, it would lift straight again. With T4 and nut system, when you crash the tension would not stay on the motor mount and the chassis would not be tweaked. (Of course when you crash really hard, it ma happen because we are not making miracles ) this system works with small crashes. I hope you can understand what I mean"

Skiddins
Old 10-04-2012, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by or8ital
Alsphalt "damage" is almost always cosmetic. At least at any asphalt track I've raced at.
Originally Posted by trigger
Wrong, I mainly race on asphalt You silly brits, always assuming.You clearly shouldn't assume anything about someone you don't know. Lol
The scratches etc are almost always cosmetic.

But the chassis thins out where the motor is, and eventually becomes so thin causing it to crack.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Andrew Hardman is also running the T4 this weekend in Vegas.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Quote from Martin Hudy, giving the reason for using a nut on the motor mount instead of threaded alloy;

"The problem when you tight the screw directly to the motor mount may occure when you crash because the car may stay tweaked. While when you use the nut, after crash the tension on motor mount may return back as the nut with the screw allows for some movement. It is hard to explain but it is easy to understand when you crash with T3 2012 car, you may not even know that your car is tweaked but when you put the car on the set up blocks and lift the car (use the centric balancing hole and 1.5mm tool) it may happen that one of the sides lifts earlier, when you untight the screw which holds the motor mount, it would lift straight again. With T4 and nut system, when you crash the tension would not stay on the motor mount and the chassis would not be tweaked. (Of course when you crash really hard, it ma happen because we are not making miracles ) this system works with small crashes. I hope you can understand what I mean"

Skiddins
Reading between the lines, I take it the intention is that the nut isn't done up 100% tight? Allowing the mount to flex and return to it's original position in a crash. Clever little feature. Just needs that ugly silver nut replacing with a nice orange one
Old 10-04-2012, 05:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by daleburr
Reading between the lines, I take it the intention is that the nut isn't done up 100% tight? Allowing the mount to flex and return to it's original position in a crash. Clever little feature. Just needs that ugly silver nut replacing with a nice orange one
It says in the instuction manual to tighten this nut fully
Old 10-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Sean B.
Yep i saw many Option parts yet to come, that means after if i get the kit, still need to waiting the latest parts as well
Old 10-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mac853
Yep i saw many Option parts yet to come, that means after if i get the kit, still need to waiting the latest parts as well
Im sure they will release tuning springs when they release the car

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.