Xray T4 '13

Old 04-19-2013, 08:52 AM
  #3271  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,140
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SARBoy View Post
Hi,

I'm about to buy a T4 and could use a little advice. I have most things covered, I think, but am struggling a little with a good esc. I have 100-150 to spend and will be running 13.5 blinky to start with. I'd prefer an esc that I can grow with rather than upgrading at a later date. I have no loyalty to brand so will consider anything. Whats worth spending on?

I'm also trying to work out pinion size. It's for an indoor carpet track with a 40-60m straight. Does the kit come with different spur sizes or will I have to buy extra and should I go for 48 dp or 64 dp?

Is there a detailed build log/vid out there with any good gems for this kit? Any help and advice welcome.

Cheers

Tom
I just started running my T4 less than a month ago and advise you and any other person to buy it, amazing car!!! Out of the box I was more than 1/2 second faster on my local track.. As for ESC, I started with a LRP FLOW and you can't go wrong with it it's IMO not as good as my ORCA but right on par, you will not regret either..
I can't wait till my tekin gen2 comes but for now I'm sticking with my ORCA
JOE SI is offline  
Old 04-19-2013, 11:42 PM
  #3272  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (13)
 
CristianTabush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 3,162
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default XRAY T4 Fan Mount









Just got these in stock, they work awesome and are very stealth.

RSD099 RSD XRAY T4 Universal Fan Mount

This RSD Aluminum Universal Fan Mount is designed to be used with your XRAY T4 and T3 line of vehicles. The Fan Mount installs on the chassis hole behind or infront of the motor intended to use the XRAY OEM Motor Guard.

The fan works with most 25, 30, 35 and 40mm fans. It is designed to be held in place by ONLY 1 screw on the chassis and 1 screw on the mount. It's design is simple, light weight and it makes working on your TC much easier.
CristianTabush is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 03:15 AM
  #3273  
Dan
Tech Champion
iTrader: (67)
 
Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 5,518
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Sweet! Looks like a clean setup. I'll be ordering one.
Dan is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 04:57 AM
  #3274  
Tech Initiate
 
SARBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 30
Default

Ordered mine yesterday from Demon Power at 1330. Arrived this morning at 0930. I love that!

One problem, it's my birthday present from my wife and that's not till the 6th may. So it's been confiscated.

Xray T4 '13-image.jpg
SARBoy is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 04:59 AM
  #3275  
Tech Initiate
 
SARBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 30
Default

So I've got out my other pride and joy from winter storage and charged up some battery's. I'm a little rusty but its coming back.

Xray T4 '13-image.jpg
SARBoy is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 05:54 AM
  #3276  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
dontfeelcold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Where there's smoke there's a tyre
Posts: 1,726
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

The carbon arms seem to be a popular choice for the T4 and in alot of circumstances they decrease laptimes.

So has anyone tried carbon c hubs, steering knuckles and hubs?

The TCXX stuff can be shimmed to have the same geometry, but the outer hinge pins are 2.5mm. Might measure some kyosho stuff up and see if its a direct fit.
dontfeelcold is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 06:17 AM
  #3277  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Mongville
Posts: 6,990
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dontfeelcold View Post
The carbon arms seem to be a popular choice for the T4 and in alot of circumstances they decrease laptimes.

So has anyone tried carbon c hubs, steering knuckles and hubs?

The TCXX stuff can be shimmed to have the same geometry, but the outer hinge pins are 2.5mm. Might measure some kyosho stuff up and see if its a direct fit.
ARC make carbon parts for the R10, and would be a direct bolt on.
I was shocked how different the parts made the car feel. Not sure on lap times, but a much sharper feel.
Besercoe is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 06:37 AM
  #3278  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
dontfeelcold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Where there's smoke there's a tyre
Posts: 1,726
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for that, will have a look into it.

Thats how Xray market the different hardness parts. The softer stuff is easier to drive etc
dontfeelcold is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 08:37 AM
  #3279  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (25)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 408
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post








Just got these in stock, they work awesome and are very stealth.

RSD099 RSD XRAY T4 Universal Fan Mount

This RSD Aluminum Universal Fan Mount is designed to be used with your XRAY T4 and T3 line of vehicles. The Fan Mount installs on the chassis hole behind or infront of the motor intended to use the XRAY OEM Motor Guard.

The fan works with most 25, 30, 35 and 40mm fans. It is designed to be held in place by ONLY 1 screw on the chassis and 1 screw on the mount. It's design is simple, light weight and it makes working on your TC much easier.
Who makes those wire ends?
gangstacoupe is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 09:36 AM
  #3280  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (7)
 
erchn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Union City, CA
Posts: 847
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gangstacoupe View Post
Who makes those wire ends?
QTEQ, available on Reflex Racing's site.

http://www.reflexracing.net/QTEQ-Pow...nals_c_76.html
erchn is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 08:04 PM
  #3281  
Tech Master
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,140
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SARBoy View Post
Ordered mine yesterday from Demon Power at 1330. Arrived this morning at 0930. I love that!

One problem, it's my birthday present from my wife and that's not till the 6th may. So it's been confiscated.

Attachment 1058337
Mine was a present also, I know how it feels to know its there but not be able to do anything with it... I was itchin like a crackhead to put it together and go race you'll find a way to get it LOL I did
JOE SI is offline  
Old 04-21-2013, 03:36 PM
  #3282  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (41)
 
rangerjkb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 2,573
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

+1 on the T4, ran mine for the first time last weekend providing enjoyment and the ability to be competitive in Onroad racing vs. strugling to get the other car to perform at that level.

Christian: the RSD DCJ's were superb!
rangerjkb is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 08:00 AM
  #3283  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
vadersing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 949
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default convert T3 2012 to T4

Can someone help me by giving me a part list to convert my T3 2012 to a T4 please?

Thanks
vadersing is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 08:09 AM
  #3284  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
locked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,758
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by vadersing View Post
Can someone help me by giving me a part list to convert my T3 2012 to a T4 please?

Thanks
All the bulkheads, chassis, topdeck, shocks, shock towers, motor mount.... There are enough changes to big ticket parts that you are better off just buying a new T4. Sell the T3'12 or keep it for another class. I don't think it's worth trying to upgrade it.

Last edited by locked; 04-22-2013 at 08:34 AM.
locked is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 09:17 AM
  #3285  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (31)
 
j.d.roost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,134
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Anybody know who still carries Hudy shock oil in the us?
I looked...but am having a hard time finding any.

I miss Nexxus.
j.d.roost is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.