Xray T4 '13

Old 01-07-2013, 03:33 PM
  #2281  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (5)
 
Jon Williams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,753
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 98NYFINESTVETTE View Post
One of those tough decisions when you are coming into this blind.

Thanks again for the info.
I would seriously consider the T4. It's very durable, consistent and there are a number of local racers (including me) that could help you out with setup.
Jon Williams is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 03:41 PM
  #2282  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 437
Default

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe View Post
How is your spur?
PMSL
cyclonetog is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 03:46 PM
  #2283  
Tech Master
iTrader: (43)
 
Davin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Appleton WI
Posts: 1,104
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe View Post
How is your spur?
Hey look at that we have a comedian in the house. Everyone go get your popcorn.
Davin is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 04:21 PM
  #2284  
Tech Elite
 
Skiddins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Windsor, UK
Posts: 4,912
Default

Originally Posted by cyclonetog View Post
PMSL
Originally Posted by Davin View Post
Hey look at that we have a comedian in the house. Everyone go get your popcorn.
Sorry, but I did guenuinely laugh out loud at both comments
Skiddins is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 04:31 PM
  #2285  
Tech Regular
 
Adam B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Detroit, Mi
Posts: 412
Default

Davin, you are not the only that has complained about the spur issue. Don't take everything so personal. And I know Joe, 90% of his question was being a smarta##, but the other 10% is serious. I am genuinely wondering the same.
Adam B is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 04:31 PM
  #2286  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
Chaz955i's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,107
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Davin View Post
Hey look at that we have a comedian in the house. Everyone go get your popcorn.
Yes, and a clown too. One who, with 25 years rc experience, needs team X-ray to help him install his motor. Did they have to show you how to install the wheel nuts too? Believe me, we get it already. Time for you to move on.
Chaz955i is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 04:33 PM
  #2287  
Tech Master
iTrader: (43)
 
Davin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Appleton WI
Posts: 1,104
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default

That's ok I'll be laughing my a$$ off for days once these kits are in enough hands and people start seeing the same problem. Then they will have to admit that the motor mount was a design flaw and the 2014 will come with a brand new optimized one. Anyone wanna start taking bets? My gloves are off at this point.
Davin is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 04:35 PM
  #2288  
Tech Master
iTrader: (43)
 
Davin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Appleton WI
Posts: 1,104
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default

............

Last edited by Davin; 01-07-2013 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Just not worth it.
Davin is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 04:42 PM
  #2289  
Tech Master
iTrader: (43)
 
Davin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Appleton WI
Posts: 1,104
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
Davin, you are not the only that has complained about the spur issue. Don't take everything so personal. And I know Joe, 90% of his question was being a smarta##, but the other 10% is serious. I am genuinely wondering the same.

I know . But what you have to understand is after spending half the value of the car on spur gears since having it I have every right to be ticked off. No drought I have had some great suggestions from a lot of great people. But the ones who want to turn this into a joke can kiss my ass. People come to this forum to throw ideas around and get help when they need it. Not to be ridiculed. I have never done that to anyone else therefore I don't expect the same .
Davin is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 04:43 PM
  #2290  
Tech Master
iTrader: (5)
 
Chaz955i's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 1,107
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Davin View Post
Oh. A keyboard warrior as well
For such a turd of a car you spend a lot of time in this thread. You've already had good offers to take the car off your hands, why still here? Is your life so devoid of meaning that you will wait for validation when we all come around and realize this car sucks? I have seen some sad people in this world but this is so bad it is in bad taste to even continue mocking you.
Chaz955i is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 05:26 PM
  #2291  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (23)
 
Bigz84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 997
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Chaz955i View Post
For such a turd of a car you spend a lot of time in this thread. You've already had good offers to take the car off your hands, why still here? Is your life so devoid of meaning that you will wait for validation when we all come around and realize this car sucks? I have seen some sad people in this world but this is so bad it is in bad taste to even continue mocking you.
come on chaz, be nice....

Davin, i am curious, serious, what does the car do when you flex the car in your hand? does the pinion pull away from the spur?
Bigz84 is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 05:40 PM
  #2292  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 183
Default

Originally Posted by Davin View Post
That's ok I'll be laughing my a$$ off for days once these kits are in enough hands and people start seeing the same problem. Then they will have to admit that the motor mount was a design flaw and the 2014 will come with a brand new optimized one. Anyone wanna start taking bets? My gloves are off at this point.
Before I say this I have stripped a spur due to a coming together with another car and the motor moved, but their is enough cars running to have an idea if the design is flaw or not, in the uk it was rocking horse s##t to get one, now they are still selling like hot cakes and the disappear of the shelves at a steady rate.
Its not just pros that run the t4 but all levels of drivers at every meeting we have roughly half the cars are xray's surely if their was an issue with the mounts it would be apparent.

I am sorry u are having issues but u have either a quality issue with your "mount alone" and your friends I believe u said have an issue or an issue with pinions Or how ur meshing it? I am not gonna ask how ur driving is its rude and I don't know u but if it is as bad as u say and ur unhappy then move on try something else.
I mean this in no harm what dp do u run? The kit is std 48 I am sure u know that but looking for answers to help.
Lmr racing products do great motor screws I thought about trying I've only stripped one spur but it ended my final when I was out in front would rather it not happen again.

The fact initially xray said about an option mount, I assume for flex control not motor holding capability, and its not been released as of yet they feel it is fine.

Take this in the right way pleas majority of us are here to help not hinder.

J
Jampot is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 06:05 PM
  #2293  
Tech Master
iTrader: (43)
 
Davin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Appleton WI
Posts: 1,104
Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Jampot View Post
Lmr racing products do great motor screws

J
Thanks for the heads up. Do you know of any us distributors for them? Im willing to try anything at this point
Davin is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 06:21 PM
  #2294  
Tech Regular
 
porsche928gs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Saginaw Texas
Posts: 470
Default

I tried using washers under the screw but it only made it more susceptible for the motor to shift than without it. Also never use stainless screws for the motor, they are too smooth. You could use one of those old curve plastic sub c battery separators used to mount battery packs on Pan cars and double side taped it against the front of the motor to prevent it from shifting on you. I guess you can make some kind of wedge and stick it in there.
porsche928gs is offline  
Old 01-07-2013, 06:37 PM
  #2295  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (19)
 
alloyslash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Posts: 538
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

The trick to using washers is to either ruff one side up with a dremel/stone, or like I did yesterday, put it on the tip of your finger and drag it across some sandpaper. You have to ruff up the side that goes against the motor mount so it will grip the mount. After I did that I had a few crashes that were 5x as hard/worse than the one that killed it. Once I got knocked clean off the track in turn 1 at the start of the A main, motor didn't move at all. I feel that you are able to get more torque on the screw itself because its not digging into the aluminum mount, the ruff side of the washer is.
alloyslash is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.