Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nathan Wilson
See jorgesimes post above
Yeah you're right. I was trying to work it out in my head. My bad.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jorgesimes
If you lower both (outer and inner) you will get a higher RC

If you lower the outer you will lower your RC

If you lower the inner you will higher your RC

It's the exact same principle front and rear of the car.

I need to make a t-shirt of this. I can walk around the pits and instead of everyone asking me this all the time I can just point to my shirt.

Or better yet just make printouts that I keep at my pit and when someone has a question about links I can just hand it to them.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

XRAY had eleased New Option Parts
Attached Thumbnails Xray T4 '13-xr-303056-o.jpg   Xray T4 '13-xr-304931.jpg   Xray T4 '13-xr-305434.jpg   Xray T4 '13-xr-305447.jpg   Xray T4 '13-xr-303121-o.jpg  

Old 06-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Speaking of roll centers. I've noticed nobody ever uses the lower arm mount holes on the t4. Does that lower the roll center more than anyone cares for? I've not tried it but I may at some point. Perhaps in front to get a bit more steering.. Before I disassemble my car and take out my mic. does anyone know the distance between those two sets of threaded holes? If the blocks provide to -.075 I wonder what a +.75 would work out to be on the lower hole.

Dave
Old 06-11-2013, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What are the benefits of the carbon diff gears? Lighter weight?
Old 06-11-2013, 06:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

More durable? Maybe for front diff?
How about that an optimized layshaft bulkhead. Won't have buy that A+ part.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I wonder what spur gear changes will be like with the new bulkhead.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

1. Remove top deck
2. Remove right side layshaft mount by removing two lower screws, and sliding to the side.
3. Slide layshaft to side and wrangle belts off.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:49 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by erchn
Hey Dan,

Agreed, the setups vary quite a bit. I think looking at the setups though that some of those differences balance out others. For instance, 2.3 springs up front for Paul but running outside on a two hole arm to gain a bit of stiffness.

The difference that stands out the most, though I don't think is as dramatic as it first seems, is the springs. Running no bar in rear and 1.2 in the front means quite a bit more roll in my car. The harder springs balance that back out, but also match my driving style better, being stiffer in a straight line, as I tend to shoot corner to corner and Paul is a smoother driver so manages the weight transfer better than I. (Well he does it all better than I, but that's one piece :-).

I found the setup I ended up with very easy to drive and very consistent, but still certainly on pace. I'm not sure the setup will work everywhere or for everyone, so.

All that crap said, for 17.5 I think I'd start by trying to free the car up a little bit. I'd probably start with less rear camber, and maybe a short camber link up front. You might also try raising higher roll centers in the rear or lowering the front a bit. I would probably also go down to 1500 or 2000 rear diff oil.

For what it's worth, I found the silver/silver spring combination from RSD to work extremely well earlier in the week, but was a little loose on power, which might be ok in 17.5. If you'd like a setup based on those springs (which are closer to what the team runs in lb./in.), let me know I'll PM you.

Good luck.
Thanks for your input Ethan! I'll probably try the setup as is, or at least very close it. Most interesting is the rear swaybar removal, which I'd like to see how it will work out. I normally like to set it up with a slight push, and then dial out the understeer once I'm more comfortable with it.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

We actually have a layshaft bulkhead similar to the new xray one in production. Ours is 0.5 mm lower so that that the bulkhead will not hit the top deck. It will also have the possibility of an added on nub at the bottom to be able to key the layshaft bulkhead to our upcoming XRAY T4 chassis.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Oh yeah, looking forward to seeing that this weekend too!
Old 06-11-2013, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
We actually have a layshaft bulkhead similar to the new xray one in production. Ours is 0.5 mm lower so that that the bulkhead will not hit the top deck. It will also have the possibility of an added on nub at the bottom to be able to key the layshaft bulkhead to our upcoming XRAY T4 chassis.
Will there be a top deck and post to have a flex setup like the Yokomo BD7 and the Raceberry 417?

What colour can we expect the parts in? Please say Xray Orange
Old 06-12-2013, 02:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dontfeelcold
Will there be a top deck and post to have a flex setup like the Yokomo BD7 and the Raceberry 417?

What colour can we expect the parts in? Please say Xray Orange
Xray will have it.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:01 AM
Tech Champion

reposting, hopefully someone can advise please? ty! Gear diffs are new things for me. (Hopefully something to assemble and forget about as I 99% of the time race at the same place).

Originally Posted by tc3team
I'm still an old school racer tbh, have never used a gear diff before in any of my cars.

What benefits are there of using thinner/thicker cSt?

(Bearing in mind I will have a front and rear diff to build up....)

I am guessing thicker (is that higher or lower cSt?) will give a slower rotation on that end of the car?

To give you an overview of my current cars setup....

(On my 415msxx) As for springs, I use serpent pink 28lb (I believe?) and red 18lb.

60w front, 55wt oil rear, 3 hole pistons, 0 degree front toe, 3deg rear toe in, so you can see that the suspension is set much harder up front to allow faster cornering speed.

Steering repsonse is immense Although I will probably be looking at turning that down.

Am I reading too much into this, or is differential cSt critical to the setup too, or not so important?
Old 06-12-2013, 03:15 AM
Tech Adept

I have the new bulkheads on mine as we speak. The belts are white in colour abd the layshaft mounts are orange.
The layshaft itself has Been lowered ever so slightly I would say 0.5mm I did not measure exactly as I was half way though our national and time was of the essence for comparison.
The mounts have not been lowered so provisionally u can run all 4 screws for standard flex, I did however add 1mm washers under the top deck at the bulkheads to raise the deck of the mount so I get the even uninterrupted flex.

My opinion is unfortunately the track I tested it on was not a great track but I did find I had more rear traction. Further testing required as I run the brace across the steering posts so hopefully with the 4 screws removed and brace out I should have a even flex.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.