Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Davin
That was more of a joke than anything else I don't always do that. Im glad everyone else is having good luck .

I think from here Im just gonna drop it because I get the feeling people just want to make me out to be a hack who doesn't know what he's doing. It's not fair for either party involved. Hopefully I can get a trade worked out for a decent 2012 and start to enjoy myself again

Thanks for all the input guys
I understand your frustration. I stripped 5 gears but after a looking over the car I found that I forgot to torque the two screws on the side of the motor mount. Those that they tell you not to torque until later. Also I was running a motor that didn't had enough bevel and it was hitting the top deck. After some dremmeling on the motor and retorqueing of every screw on the mount it hasn't happen again.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
So that drop (5mm) is 'over ride height'. so he basically turned your car into something with the droop of a monster truck

Skiddins
Well lol he set my car by feel as he does his mod car . And looking at my car beside his they have exact same amount of droop by feel...
Now use a ride height gauge set ride height to 5.4 f/r then put ride height gauge under car @10mm and have wheels not lift but move just a tick (weightless) and this is by the number how much droop he set my car at... and works awesome !
Old 01-06-2013, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

Originally Posted by porsche928gs
I understand your frustration. I stripped 5 gears but after a looking over the car I found that I forgot to torque the two screws on the side of the motor mount. Those that they tell you not to torque until later. Also I was running a motor that didn't had enough bevel and it was hitting the top deck. After some dremmeling on the motor and retorqueing of every screw on the mount it hasn't happen again.
I have tried all of that several times. As well as another racer at my track . Im at the point now that I don't even want to try anything else. I am probably going to just build another 2012. Thanks for your input
Old 01-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Davin
I have tried all of that several times. As well as another racer at my track . Im at the point now that I don't even want to try anything else. I am probably going to just build another 2012. Thanks for your input
I would take out the motor mount off a check it that it's not bent.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 98NYFINESTVETTE
Before I ask my question, please don't beat me up to bad. I have been reading hundreds of threads about electric on road vehicles and there flaws.

I am looking to expand my experience from Short Course 4x4 racing to electric on road. I understand since I am in the Xray T4 thread, I would not hear much or any negative comments about about the T4.

I have been reading about the RC10TC6.1 and the XRAY T4. It is between the two models with the T4 in the lead. With the price of the vehicles and amount of $$ to be running & competitive, I really would like to make the wise decision and not kick myself later.

So, my question is some feedback on the T4 - Pros and Cons, difficulty tuning, worth the money, other models to look into....

What I have not read much about was: Motor's, ESC and servo's.

For someone coming into this blind other then what I have read, I appreciate the comments and feedback.
A new t4 or used t3'2012 would be great cars.. But at two very different price points. At Jackson and Horsham there are many of them in the pits along with photon ex, tc6.0/6.1, and vbc.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I just got in from Nashville, ran the T4 for the 1st time and I love it. Started with the carpet setup, all besides links in #2 hole inside. Track was still green so I went to a 2.3-2.6r/2.5-2.8f spring combo and had excellent turn in, but as grip came up it was rolling over too much on the front. Went back to the 2.7s on front and was good again.

I hit the wall in heat#2 and killed a spur gear. I took the spur out and took my car to EAMotorsport's pit to ask his advice. He told me to put another spur in of the same size to see if the motor had moved. Sure enough the motor had moved. I had washers under the screws, but they obviously wasn't tight enuf. I scuffed one side of the washers with sandpaper and put that towards the motor mount, reset everything, ran Heat#3 and the main, both with huge crashes, and it never moved again.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Davin;11640868]I have tried all of that several times. As well as another racer at my track . Im at the point now that I don't even want to try anything else. I am probably going to just build another 2012. Thanks for your input [

The T3/12 is a great car too. Could you hold on to your T4 though, and maybe get a pro to have a look at it. I know there's a pretty decent Xray driver that lives right in your state, maybe he'd be willing to have a look at it for you.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
A new t4 or used t3'2012 would be great cars.. But at two very different price points. At Jackson and Horsham there are many of them in the pits along with photon ex, tc6.0/6.1, and vbc.
Thank you for the info. I have been reading so much, I think I am starting to melt my eyes and brain.
I also read about the TSXX, took that off the list. What had me worried about the TC6.1, I read many had to shim the motors. Thought that was strange. Not the deciding factor.

I could wait for the season to start again, but then when I decide on a vehicle, build it - the season could be ending. I am leaning more towards the T4. I read about many people that have raced it - which is very important to me. Some threads, people speak about fine tuning. Nothing wrong with writing about fine tuning - but I want to read about the pros and cons. I did read from those that did race and post about it - that they were very happy.

One of those tough decisions when you are coming into this blind.

Thanks again for the info.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The only two cars I would choose to drive right now are a bd7 or a t4 and MAYBE a tc6.1 wc.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B00t13g
The only two cars I would choose to drive right now are a bd7 or a t4 and MAYBE a tc6.1 wc.
+1. Own both and for me, the bd7 is abit faster and touch easier to drive.. t4 is plenty fast though and virtually bullet proof.. fwiw ...
Old 01-07-2013, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pchroma24
+1. Own both and for me, the bd7 is abit faster and touch easier to drive.. t4 is plenty fast though and virtually bullet proof.. fwiw ...
I agree completely. I loved my bd7.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:12 AM
Tech Regular

Both the Yokomo and T4 are great cars. But I would see what others in your area have. Track support is huge. Only one person at my local track had a Yokomo, and it was great in lower traction conditions, when grip came up, or he went to a high grip track it was an issue. All the touring cars made have strong and weak points, but I feel the Xray product is even across the board.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I think this thread always needs more pictures

Finally got my new electronics in the Blue t4. Maybe one day I'll actually get this thing out on the track.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

My T4 was on rails at our last club, until my hooked into a piece of tape at 3/4 of the straight. Lost control and the car hit the borders at almost full speed. The rear of the chassis broke off the rest of the car, my swaybar is completly twisted and the turnbuckle is also broken... I hope she will drive as good as before
Old 01-07-2013, 02:12 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by morgoth
My T4 was on rails at our last club, until my hooked into a piece of tape at 3/4 of the straight. Lost control and the car hit the borders at almost full speed. The rear of the chassis broke off the rest of the car, my swaybar is completly twisted and the turnbuckle is also broken... I hope she will drive as good as before
How is your spur?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.