Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
Shorter link increases camber gain but the car rolls less
Longer link gives more roll but less camber gain
Both can increase traction but it depends on other settings (camber, springs,ect) witch one is correct for your situation
if front is the inner hole, rear is outer hole, mean front more roll( gripper) than rear and make rear loose grip ? this setting will increase steering ??
Old 12-06-2012, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kschu
if front is the inner hole, rear is outer hole, mean front more roll( gripper) than rear and make rear loose grip ? this setting will increase steering ??
Take a look at the roll center section of Xray's setup book found here: http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...Name=XRAY%20T4. I think their book does a very good job explaining roll center, how to adjust it, and what the effects would be. The inner link mounts shown in the setup book are different than the T4, but the theory is still the same. Also refer to the camber section of the book for a brief description of camber rise (gain).

The cheat sheet found on page two of THIS is also useful.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

What are you doing here? Heeee
Old 12-06-2012, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

can someone tell me what this for ??

Thanks

Chu,

This explains it.

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...p?file_id=7713
Old 12-06-2012, 02:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am going to try ECS Driveshafts in the front of my T4.

Should I buy 52 or 50mm and how will they differ in performance.

Also if I go for 50mm will the outdrives be ok as I am aware you can get 2mm longer ones (Not Xray though)

Thanks in advance
Old 12-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JamieV
I am going to try ECS Driveshafts in the front of my T4.

Should I buy 52 or 50mm and how will they differ in performance.

Also if I go for 50mm will the outdrives be ok as I am aware you can get 2mm longer ones (Not Xray though)

Thanks in advance
If you stick with the plastic outdrives, go for 52mm. I use 50mm ECS in my car, but I'm using the xray spring steel spool outdrives. Nikita outdrives will work well too, but shorter shafts will make the plastic outdrives more prone to breaking, so that's why I would suggest going with 52mm

I've heard that 50mm can be more responsive, but honestly, I've never tested both sizes back to back to say for sure.
Old 12-06-2012, 02:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

If you need to you can shim out the outdrives at the spool.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by locked
If you stick with the plastic outdrives, go for 52mm. I use 50mm ECS in my car, but I'm using the xray spring steel spool outdrives. Nikita outdrives will work well too, but shorter shafts will make the plastic outdrives more prone to breaking, so that's why I would suggest going with 52mm

I've heard that 50mm can be more responsive, but honestly, I've never tested both sizes back to back to say for sure.
Thanks for the advice. I will get the shorter ones with the steel outdrives.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jonest
What are you doing here? Heeee
learning how to setting car...
Old 12-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Anybody have issues reusing the shock bladders? I can't seem to get the shocks to bleed properly the second time around.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whiteflagwar
Anybody have issues reusing the shock bladders? I can't seem to get the shocks to bleed properly the second time around.
I was finding it hard to really bleed them properly. Always ended up with 25-50% rebound. I started bleeding them through the bottom cap. It's a bit of a trick, but I'm getting perfect rebound and no air
Old 12-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

The shock bladders swell in the shock oil making it difficult to fit them back in the shock body. I have had this problem also. Xray dont seem bothered about it which annoys me as its been a problem with there shock membranes for a while now.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:24 PM
Tech Adept

Very common with many manufactures. I run muchmore o rings, tamiya's are very good too.
Easiest way to tell if the o rings are any good, before building a new kit keep 1 in clear container for a week and another in shock oil filled container then compare after the 5 to 7 days.
I change them regardless but if u have a new set do it and see actually how bad it is.

I have two set of shocks built and then have not leaked or have air in after 3 months of running, after christmas I shall rebuild both and replace the diafram and o rings dependent of use depends on rebuilt I race a few times a week so 4 months is really good.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

I can show you how to reuse them Cole. Come see me sometime.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I used to aswell, there is a trick to getting the bladders in after the second or third bleed as they do stretch.
With the shock fully extended and full of oil, rest the bladder on the top of the body. The trick is you need a tool with round edges that wont damage the bladder, i use a 2mm hex driver with rounded edges that wont damage the bladder.
In a circular motion, massage the bladder down into the shock body, starting at the middle of the bladder working your way out.
Once it is in, then compress the shock to about 5mm out from full compression. Work the bladder down once more with one or two circular movements.
Put the shock cap on and just before fully tight, compress the shock to 2mm or so from full compression.
I can bleed a 12 month old set of plastic or alloy shocks first time every time with this method in less than 10 minutes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.