Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Old 09-28-2012, 10:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niemand
They finally did it!
Aluminum shocks included in the kit

Can someone tell me what "composite hubs for bulkhead" are?

Regards
I was wondering that, too. Only things I can think of could be the eccentrics or hinge pin holders.

-Mike
Old 09-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
I was wondering that, too. Only things I can think of could be the eccentrics or hinge pin holders.

-Mike
I'm pretty certain it is the eccentrics. I believe the narrower bulkheads require different eccentrics to fit the diff and spool.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BJS414
New lower suspension holder:

Hope this is the Tamiya, Yokomo, HB type suspension block system with steel ball. If it is still like their old concept I don't think T4 will be a winner.
:O
Old 09-29-2012, 12:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by grippgoat

-Mike
That would have been my first guess, too.
But I'm not 100% sure

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I'm pretty certain it is the eccentrics. I believe the narrower bulkheads require different eccentrics to fit the diff and spool.
Would be great if the diff and spool stayed the same. That way I could keep using my second gear diff from my T3.

Regards
Old 09-29-2012, 03:31 AM
Tech Elite

Hope this is the Tamiya, Yokomo, HB type suspension block system with steel ball. If it is still like their old concept I don't think T4 will be a winner.
They won't be the same as the cars you mentioned, just a variance on what they use now.

P.S. THe Xray cars are already winners.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:56 AM
Tech Master

I reallly like their usual hinge pin holding system. Not sure why everyone wants holders à la Tamiya ?

And yes, in my experience xray cars are super tough ,and well worth their price.
I feel they also are the best handling cars out-of -the box, for the average racer.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

They are a pain compared to the other system. I would rather buy more toe blocks than dig around looking for the right pieces. The time it took finding the parts, pre assemble them, checking rear toe then install them, shim them more with washers was a time killer. That all could have been more practice laps or something. I hope the new system has far less parts and able to use a shim system that's open on one end like these. http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=964&id=6307

Originally Posted by heretic
I reallly like their usual hinge pin holding system. Not sure why everyone wants holders à la Tamiya ?

And yes, in my experience xray cars are super tough ,and well worth their price.
I feel they also are the best handling cars out-of -the box, for the average racer.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
They are a pain compared to the other system. I would rather buy more toe blocks than dig around looking for the right pieces. The time it took finding the parts, pre assemble them, checking rear toe then install them, shim them more with washers was a time killer. That all could have been more practice laps or something. I hope the new system has far less parts and able to use a shim system that's open on one end like these. http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=964&id=6307
You can already do the same with the current system.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight

How many times per race day do you change your rear toe?
Old 09-29-2012, 06:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I like the current system because you can have different toe on each side, so I can get all those RH turns really fast. That's the weakness of the centered toe setup cars!
Old 09-29-2012, 07:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

More block talk ? yes the curent xray system works just fine but no it is not the gold standard like tamiya, serpent, yokomo...........
However I am sure it wont cost you a win
Old 09-29-2012, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

This is my favorite quote from the BD7 thread....

How do you convert the bd7 to run the X-ray c hubs and steering blocks? That's going to be my only option for this weekend.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by theatriks
This is my favorite quote from the BD7 thread....

How do you convert the bd7 to run the X-ray c hubs and steering blocks? That's going to be my only option for this weekend.
While it is funny this is also taken out of context posted here.

They stripped the kingpin area and were down the last hub.
which once again brings me to the next point of quality and strentgh to all those who complain about pricing.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NolanP
While it is funny this is also taken out of context posted here.

They stripped the kingpin area and were down the last hub.
which once again brings me to the next point of quality and strentgh to all those who complain about pricing.
Im just teasing ...im sure the bd7 has a great feel but yes thats why i have no problem shelling out money on an xray because you need very little spares
Old 09-29-2012, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

What makes Tamiya style blocks better or faster?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.