Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 10:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just to clarify; your droop definition is chassis up travel or lift so...

less droop = higher gauge number.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I agree as well . I always look at my top 20 avg lap time and compair to my fast lap and if I'm within .40 I will play with my setup if necessary but if I'm out side of that I try to focus on being more consistent , unless its my car keeping me from it (which it hardly ever is the case)
Old 11-01-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

..the last few posts from Corey and Adrian already helped me tons. Thanks.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
I agree as well . I always look at my top 20 avg lap time and compair to my fast lap and if I'm within .40 I will play with my setup if necessary but if I'm out side of that I try to focus on being more consistent , unless its my car keeping me from it (which it hardly ever is the case)
If your fast lap is 9.0 and your top 20 is 11.0, that doesn't mean it's not worth improving your car. Even if you are still inconsistent and your fast lap becomes 8.6 and your top 20 becomes 10.6, your run is still going to be faster overall.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Well might be true but if I have a 2 sec error factor I better get my head out my ass . I'm the loose screw most of the time . And if I see I'm consistent but feel car feels ineffective in some way I will work on it but if its 85% or better I try to focus on Tyler prep and my drive line
Old 11-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

My point is as long as it's not costing you money, making setup changes to your car can be beneficial even if you aren't consistent. Unless you are spending your time in deep meditation, you should have time to make changes between heats.

Now, spending hundreds of dollars on the latest and greatest electronics and hop-ups to try and make you faster if you are an inconsistent driver is a whole different story...
Old 11-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Tech Addict

you can see all of XRAY T4 parts in this video clip. (don't forget to select HD 720p)
XRAY T4 : My assembly

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Currently building my xray... They forgot to drill one of the axles for the drive pin. I expected stuff like this on the vbc, but I thought the xray would be above these small little mistakes.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whiteflagwar
Currently building my xray... They forgot to drill one of the axles for the drive pin. I expected stuff like this on the vbc, but I thought the xray would be above these small little mistakes.
When you texted me that I just about cried. I've heard more mistakes like that recently....
Old 11-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

When I used to raced for Tamiya a few years back I had the same thing in one of my 416 kits. But they continue to make great products, right?

Every manufacture has bad parts slip through quality control, they are human afterall. If you are in fact genuinely concerned about it though, I highly suggest that you contact Xray directly - I am confident they will be happy to correct their mistake!
Old 11-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Contact RCAmerica and I am sure they will get one out to you ASAP. If they are out of them PM me your info and I'll send you out out of my stuff ASAP.

I know that doesnt help you right now with your build but its the quickest way to get it taken care of Xray also puts those little cards in there with an email contact in each bag and a name who packed it. They want to know who is messing up so they can correct it. Each part should be inspected before packaging and during packaging.

EA
Old 11-01-2012, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

EA where is ur set up compaired to Andrews? Sunday I will still be roling my T3 but hopefully by next race day I can be converted into my T4
Old 11-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by CoreyW.
Best post I have seen on RCTECH. Period. I could not possibly agree more.

I have been preaching this for a very long time - Andrew and his dad can back me up on this! I have to assume that those requesting the information I provided so far in this thread know how to use it "properly".
I totally agree with Corey's statement.

When Corey first started talking with Andrew - consistent laps without touching was the goal. It was five laps and then ten laps and then getting to six minutes with minimal touches.

If you look at Andrew's times from the Halloween Classic - they do show a consistency across the best 20 laps. When we look after a run, we check for the averages and any outlier laps to try and improve for the next run.

I am very proud of this run .

Regards,
Ian
Attached Thumbnails Xray T4 '13-tq-gate.jpg  
Old 11-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Old 11-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Contact RCAmerica and I am sure they will get one out to you ASAP. If they are out of them PM me your info and I'll send you out out of my stuff ASAP.

I know that doesnt help you right now with your build but its the quickest way to get it taken care of Xray also puts those little cards in there with an email contact in each bag and a name who packed it. They want to know who is messing up so they can correct it. Each part should be inspected before packaging and during packaging.

EA
Thanks for the advice/offer

I drove down to mikes hobbyshop and they hooked me up with a new axle. Almost have the kit put together. I'm loving this car, even the overlooked axle mistake has not turned me off to this kit. Shock build was cake!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.