Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 01:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello,
is it possible to use #305104 XRAY Multi-Diff with a T4 ?
Old 08-28-2013, 04:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default What about changing the oil?

Originally Posted by esckalayd
Anyone know where you can get 2 hole pistons that will fit the T4 shocks? I saw tqracing had a set of 2 hole T.O.P pistons but idk if they will work.
Couldn't you change the oil in the shock to give you the end result you are looking for? My kit came with multiple piston options so I would think that I would be able to achieve the shock reaction that I am looking for....
Old 08-28-2013, 06:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jlfx car audio
Why don't u just get a piston and fill in a hole then redrill The 2 to size u want ...
I did that already to fill a 1.0mm x 4 hole and i have two issues:

1 - CA w a kicker isn't as clean as i want even went slightly re-sanding and resurfacing.

2 - the 30 min to an hour to do this properly is not worth the $5 pistons

No worries though, SRC has a piston kit for the T4/NT1 that has two hole pistons. Will be purchasing soon
Old 08-30-2013, 05:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey peeps,

What is the difference between RSD narrow and wide ESC shaft?

(I can not post links but if you go on reflexracing.net you can see both)

Which one would you recommend for the T4 front?
Old 08-30-2013, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

RSD wide is like a 52mm ECS. Narrow would be like a 51mm. I think narrow is the preferred option.

Question: for mod on medium high grip carpet, 104x48 feet, should I stick with kit plastics or go for graphite? Which pieces make the biggest difference?

-Mike
Old 09-02-2013, 03:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hi all
Looking to solve a mid corner under steer problem that happens on and off power. Initial turn in is good but when in mid corner with any pace it seems to push pretty bad
The car is setup to asphalt spec running Sorex tyres 13.5 boosted on a low to medium grip level. Once the ambient temp comes up the problem gets worse
Any suggestions?
Old 09-02-2013, 04:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lethallee69
Hi all
Looking to solve a mid corner under steer problem that happens on and off power. Initial turn in is good but when in mid corner with any pace it seems to push pretty bad
The car is setup to asphalt spec running Sorex tyres 13.5 boosted on a low to medium grip level. Once the ambient temp comes up the problem gets worse
Any suggestions?
More bump steer?

People will be able to offer better advice if you fill out a setup sheet and post a link to it here.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lethallee69
Hi all
Any suggestions?
try adding a 1mm shim to the front inner link and more droop in the rear,but as skiddins said a set up sheet is the best way ,try here- http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/xray...SetupSheet.pdf
Old 09-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

Put the 1 piece rear block in instead of separates. 0.4 or 0.5 washer in front pivot mount for arm sweep and ltcr shell. The t4's fault is mid corner push it's been it's complaint since its release.
The fact it pushes makes it safe which makes it a good car for the ameteur / club racer.
U can have too much steering lock so u get to a point when u car just scrubs forward rather than turning.
But the 1 piece does make the car a lot more edgy.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I was so excited to see the 2014 model coming with the arm mounts like everyone else! That was the only thing I didn't like about my '12.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:25 AM
Tech Master

I tried out the new Ride 'Short Big Bore' springs at the weekend. Here are my thoughts...

Ordered them from rcmarket. They arrived about 5 days after ordering (using standard shipping), so great service from these guys. Although the $12 shipping charge for small parts seems a bit high.

The springs themselves are 23mm long, so 3mm longer than a normal Xray or Reflex T4 spring. With new Sorex tyres I could get down to a ride height of about 5.6mm, so fine for outdoor racing. If you run bigger tyres or race on carpet you're going to have issues.

The springs are also about 1mm larger internal diameter than the Xray springs, so they do slop around a little bit on the shock collars. Ride do include some small plastic collars to take up this slop, but that would also add even more ride height, so these aren't much use.

The track test was at Bedworth in the UK; a medium grip outdoor tarmac track, with a few bumps to really test the car.

I did a couple of baseline runs on my normal springs (Reflex silvers) to get an idea of the track condition. The grip was good and conditions stable enough for testing.

I then ran the Red springs all round. This made the car very aggressive with loads of turn-in (which I liked) and good mid-corner. The car was also fantastic over the bumps and tarmac joins, the extra spring length/diameter really helping here. But traction on the power was poor; lots of wheelspin and the rear end wanting to come round. Fastest lap was about the same as the Reflex springs, but slower over a run and would be very hard to race in a final as I think you'd be spun round at the first bit of contact.

Second run I went to Grey springs all round (one softer than Red). These still handled the bumps well, but had terrible high-speed understeer. Traction was better than the Reds, although still not as good as the Reflex springs. And some of the turn-in was gone. Fastest lap was 0.2s slower, so not an improvement.

I have a set of Purples (one harder than Red), but I didn't bother trying these as with this trend there would have been zero traction on the power.

So my conclusion... if you race on a high-grip bumpy track, these are probably the springs to use. For anything other than high-grip, they just don't have enough traction.

Last edited by daleburr; 09-04-2013 at 02:36 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by daleburr
I tried out the new Ride 'Short Big Bore' springs at the weekend. Here are my thoughts...

Ordered them from rcmarket. They arrived about 5 days after ordering (using standard shipping), so great service from these guys. Although the $12 shipping charge for small parts seems a bit high.

The springs themselves are 23mm long, so 3mm longer than a normal Xray or Reflex T4 spring. With new Sorex tyres I could get down to a ride height of about 5.6mm, so fine for outdoor racing. If you run bigger tyres or race on carpet you're going to have issues.

The springs are also about 1mm larger internal diameter than the Xray springs, so they do slop around a little bit on the shock collars. Ride do include some small plastic collars to take up this slop, but that would also add even more ride height, so these aren't much use.

The track test was at Bedworth in the UK; a medium grip outdoor tarmac track, with a few bumps to really test the car.

I did a couple of baseline runs on my normal springs (Reflex silvers) to get an idea of the track condition. The grip was good and conditions stable enough for testing.

I then ran the Red springs all round. This made the car very aggressive with loads of turn-in (which I liked) and good mid-corner. The car was also fantastic over the bumps and tarmac joins, the extra spring length/diameter really helping here. But traction on the power was poor; lots of wheelspin and the rear end wanting to come round. Fastest lap was about the same as the Reflex springs, but slower over a run and would be very hard to race in a final as I think you'd be spun round at the first bit of contact.

Second run I went to Grey springs all round (one softer than Red). These still handled the bumps well, but had terrible high-speed understeer. Traction was better than the Reds, although still not as good as the Reflex springs. And some of the turn-in was gone. Fastest lap was 0.2s slower, so not an improvement.

I have a set of Purples (one harder than Red), but I didn't bother trying these as with this trend there would have been zero traction on the power.

So my conclusion... if you race on a high-grip bumpy track, these are probably the springs to use. For anything other than high-grip, they just don't have enough traction.
nice report dale whats the rate of those springs?
so no use in the uk then
why dont people stick to the xray springs,is there a problem with them?i use a combination of xray and cso springs
Old 09-04-2013, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

Xray springs are perfect for me 2.7 all round everywhere gives a nice balance for my style
Old 09-04-2013, 12:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chasingthepack
nice report dale whats the rate of those springs?
so no use in the uk then
why dont people stick to the xray springs,is there a problem with them?i use a combination of xray and cso springs
+1 on the report, thank you Dale.

On your question of why not just use XRAY springs, it seems you answered yourself, in your use of CSO springs. It's just about options, and what seems to fit a given track.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chasingthepack
Why dont people stick to the xray springs,is there a problem with them?i use a combination of xray and cso springs
There's nothing wrong with Xray springs, but others can feel completely different despite having similar rates.

The springs from different companies have different rates, this shows up far more with progressive springs which differ a lot from Xray's own.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.