Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Originally Posted by defcone
The kit asphalt setup, it comes as a separate piece of paper. 6 front 5 rear done on droop blocks, i think most people measure droop with them. Some measure over rideheight.
Could you tell me exactly what tools xray uses to measure droop? Do they use a predefined height block under the chassis and a droop gauge? If so, anyone know how thick the block is the chassis sits on?

Thanks
Dave
Old 05-15-2013, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Dude. The gauge and block come in a set. They are usually 10mm tall. Which means you could put the car on level surface and use a thin height gauge if you have one.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TT_Vert
Could you tell me exactly what tools xray uses to measure droop? Do they use a predefined height block under the chassis and a droop gauge? If so, anyone know how thick the block is the chassis sits on?

Thanks
Dave
You can also measure above ride height.
Set your ride height and with the gauge in the same spot lift that end until the shocks are fully extended, making sure the wheels are still on the ground, but almost to the point of where they lift. Do it for both ends of the car and it'll be fine. Most of the time it's how I do it
Old 05-15-2013, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by edhchoe
Dude. The gauge and block come in a set. They are usually 10mm tall. Which means you could put the car on level surface and use a thin height gauge if you have one.
I think I bought the blocks and the gauge separate. I'm pretty sure they only come as a set if you buy the hudy all in one and it comes with everything you need, droop blocks and gauge, ride height, setup board, setup station, tweak station and I'm pretty sure I left a few out
Old 05-15-2013, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

I'm aware how to set droop I'm just curious what tools and measurements the manual uses to determine "5" and "6".

Dave
Old 05-15-2013, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

You can use something like this.

I use something like this.

What you are measuring is the height of the suspension arm from the bottom of the chassis.

So 6mm droop would give shock less travel than 3mm droop.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daleburr
Bump-steer is generally undesirable as it makes the car unstable over bumps. However by adding bump-steer we also get roll-steer, which can be desirable as it increases steering through the corner. The harder you drive the car, the more steering you get. On the T4 adding spacers between the steering link and the hub increases roll-steer (or bump-steer if you prefer). This gives more steering, especially mid-corner where maximum roll is achieved.
Thanks for the reply.
will try as is and with 4mm to see affect. our track is smooth so should not hurt.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by hotrod1933
Thanks for the reply.
will try as is and with 4mm to see affect. our track is smooth so should not hurt.
Go with 2-3mm, I did not see many set-up sheets using 4. I tried 4mm at a tight indoor track but the car was just too hard to drive, I ended up with 3mm and had alot of steering but still a car that was not too nervous. What bump steer add is mainly middle corner steering.

YouŽll need a longer screw than the one that comes in the kit when you go over 2,5mm or so.

Edit: Maybe if you use 2mm shims under the shocks 4mm bump steer might be ok, I will try it this weekend. The shims makes the car easier to drive but the turning radious gets larger, it fits good for a large track.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Some new options from Spec-R and Roche.

Guess this think can work at high traction.
http://www.spec-r.com/default/index....roducts_id=500

How about this servo mount, what does it actually change from the original apart from that it is made in one piece?

http://www.redrc.net/2013/05/roche-t...s-servo-mount/
Old 05-15-2013, 06:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by martinskarin
Go with 2-3mm, I did not see many set-up sheets using 4. I tried 4mm at a tight indoor track but the car was just too hard to drive, I ended up with 3mm and had alot of steering but still a car that was not too nervous. What bump steer add is mainly middle corner steering.

YouŽll need a longer screw than the one that comes in the kit when you go over 2,5mm or so.

Edit: Maybe if you use 2mm shims under the shocks 4mm bump steer might be ok, I will try it this weekend. The shims makes the car easier to drive but the turning radious gets larger, it fits good for a large track.
I gather you mean 2mm under front shocks only. Have not tried that yet on T4.
Next question then explain how shims under shocks change setup and when and why you use them. front and rear. Sorry still learning.
I run 21.5 blinky TC and you need to keep car flowing as we don't have the power. I usually ignore more posted setups as they seem to favour mod cars and a lot of talk on here is carpet.
Old 05-15-2013, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

How about this servo mount, what does it actually change from the original apart from that it is made in one piece?

the weight of your wallet
Old 05-15-2013, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Next question then explain how shims under shocks change setup and when and why you use them. front and rear. Sorry still learning.
I run 21.5 blinky TC and you need to keep car flowing as we don't have the power. I usually ignore more posted setups as they seem to favour mod cars and a lot of talk on here is carpet.
No he meant bump steer, the way how the link is mounted you will need a longer screw to run 2mm+ bumpsteer.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

I always use 2mm shims under the top of the front shocks to make them in a straigh angle.
What I mean is putting 2mm under all the shocks both up and down, except front up where to put 4mm to keep them straight. This makes the car more easy to drive but makes the turning radious larger thus not suitable for a too tight track but on a larger one it is nice.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by defcone
No he meant bump steer, the way how the link is mounted you will need a longer screw to run 2mm+ bumpsteer.
Understood bump steer shim and longer screw.
was asking what affect shock shims have and were to put them.
My question was a bit vague.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Some new options from Spec-R and Roche.

Guess this think can work at high traction.
http://www.spec-r.com/default/index....roducts_id=500

Huge RC (Surikarn's brand) sell the same servo mount. I have been running the a one piece mount, solid servo horn and proper servo screw/washers and it never tweaks. The standard one (or at least mine) tweaks easily.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.