Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 98NYFINESTVETTE
One of those tough decisions when you are coming into this blind.

Thanks again for the info.
I would seriously consider the T4. It's very durable, consistent and there are a number of local racers (including me) that could help you out with setup.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
How is your spur?
PMSL
Old 01-07-2013, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
How is your spur?
Hey look at that we have a comedian in the house. Everyone go get your popcorn.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cyclonetog
PMSL
Originally Posted by Davin
Sorry, but I did guenuinely laugh out loud at both comments
Old 01-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Tech Regular

Davin, you are not the only that has complained about the spur issue. Don't take everything so personal. And I know Joe, 90% of his question was being a smarta##, but the other 10% is serious. I am genuinely wondering the same.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Yes, and a clown too. One who, with 25 years rc experience, needs team X-ray to help him install his motor. Did they have to show you how to install the wheel nuts too? Believe me, we get it already. Time for you to move on.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

That's ok I'll be laughing my a$$ off for days once these kits are in enough hands and people start seeing the same problem. Then they will have to admit that the motor mount was a design flaw and the 2014 will come with a brand new optimized one. Anyone wanna start taking bets? My gloves are off at this point.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Last edited by Davin; 01-07-2013 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Just not worth it.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Adam B
Davin, you are not the only that has complained about the spur issue. Don't take everything so personal. And I know Joe, 90% of his question was being a smarta##, but the other 10% is serious. I am genuinely wondering the same.

I know . But what you have to understand is after spending half the value of the car on spur gears since having it I have every right to be ticked off. No drought I have had some great suggestions from a lot of great people. But the ones who want to turn this into a joke can kiss my ass. People come to this forum to throw ideas around and get help when they need it. Not to be ridiculed. I have never done that to anyone else therefore I don't expect the same .
Old 01-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Oh. A keyboard warrior as well
For such a turd of a car you spend a lot of time in this thread. You've already had good offers to take the car off your hands, why still here? Is your life so devoid of meaning that you will wait for validation when we all come around and realize this car sucks? I have seen some sad people in this world but this is so bad it is in bad taste to even continue mocking you.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chaz955i
For such a turd of a car you spend a lot of time in this thread. You've already had good offers to take the car off your hands, why still here? Is your life so devoid of meaning that you will wait for validation when we all come around and realize this car sucks? I have seen some sad people in this world but this is so bad it is in bad taste to even continue mocking you.
come on chaz, be nice....

Davin, i am curious, serious, what does the car do when you flex the car in your hand? does the pinion pull away from the spur?
Old 01-07-2013, 04:40 PM
Tech Adept

That's ok I'll be laughing my a$$ off for days once these kits are in enough hands and people start seeing the same problem. Then they will have to admit that the motor mount was a design flaw and the 2014 will come with a brand new optimized one. Anyone wanna start taking bets? My gloves are off at this point.
Before I say this I have stripped a spur due to a coming together with another car and the motor moved, but their is enough cars running to have an idea if the design is flaw or not, in the uk it was rocking horse s##t to get one, now they are still selling like hot cakes and the disappear of the shelves at a steady rate.
Its not just pros that run the t4 but all levels of drivers at every meeting we have roughly half the cars are xray's surely if their was an issue with the mounts it would be apparent.

I am sorry u are having issues but u have either a quality issue with your "mount alone" and your friends I believe u said have an issue or an issue with pinions Or how ur meshing it? I am not gonna ask how ur driving is its rude and I don't know u but if it is as bad as u say and ur unhappy then move on try something else.
I mean this in no harm what dp do u run? The kit is std 48 I am sure u know that but looking for answers to help.
Lmr racing products do great motor screws I thought about trying I've only stripped one spur but it ended my final when I was out in front would rather it not happen again.

The fact initially xray said about an option mount, I assume for flex control not motor holding capability, and its not been released as of yet they feel it is fine.

Take this in the right way pleas majority of us are here to help not hinder.

J
Old 01-07-2013, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jampot
Lmr racing products do great motor screws

J
Thanks for the heads up. Do you know of any us distributors for them? Im willing to try anything at this point
Old 01-07-2013, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

I tried using washers under the screw but it only made it more susceptible for the motor to shift than without it. Also never use stainless screws for the motor, they are too smooth. You could use one of those old curve plastic sub c battery separators used to mount battery packs on Pan cars and double side taped it against the front of the motor to prevent it from shifting on you. I guess you can make some kind of wedge and stick it in there.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

The trick to using washers is to either ruff one side up with a dremel/stone, or like I did yesterday, put it on the tip of your finger and drag it across some sandpaper. You have to ruff up the side that goes against the motor mount so it will grip the mount. After I did that I had a few crashes that were 5x as hard/worse than the one that killed it. Once I got knocked clean off the track in turn 1 at the start of the A main, motor didn't move at all. I feel that you are able to get more torque on the screw itself because its not digging into the aluminum mount, the ruff side of the washer is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.