Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bucketboy
adjust your ackerman so the outside wheel turns more, reduce castor, reduce front camber, remove anti roll bar,soften front shocks, stand them up more that should get your car to roll over..........why you would want to is another quetion!

Bb
interesting...it hit me in the head right there. I'd go for that, then tune out traction gradually...instead of starting with no traction and fighting to get some
Old 11-17-2012, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

adjust your ackerman so the outside wheel turns more, reduce castor, reduce front camber, remove anti roll bar,soften front shocks, stand them up more that should get your car to roll over..........why you would want to is another quetion!

Bb
More often than not thats when the car is quickest when its on edge. Its fairly easily to "back off" set up wise when the car is fast and teaction rolling.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

What shims where give u more or less outside tire angle ? Coming from top its a new tuning option for me
Old 11-17-2012, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

.....why you would want to is another quetion!

Bb
The above posts answer this for me. Yeah, I like it start a too much traction and then detune it from there. I find it easier that way rather than start and blindly shoot as I normally do for more traction.

Adding more shims to the rack should net me more initial. Just looking to get rid of the push and get on edge.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:09 PM
Tech Regular

Traction rolling doesn't mean your car is on the edge or that its quick, all it means is your car is rolling over before your tryes loose traction, bad set up. put you castor blocks on the wrong way around and you will not be fast but you will be on your roof more than on your wheels.

Its easy to get it to roll, its a lot harder to get it to go around the corner fast.

Last edited by bucketboy; 11-17-2012 at 04:46 PM.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Another night of indoor testing with 13.5 open.

This time ran 2000cSt in the diff and 2.7 rear springs in hole 2.
Apart from that kit setup;

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Forgot to say, blue car with yellow and Orange, Q8th

Last edited by Skiddins; 11-17-2012 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Car details
Old 11-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Another night of indoor testing with 13.5 open.

This time ran 2000cSt in the diff and 2.7 rear springs in hole 2.
Apart from that kit setup;

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
And what did you think ?? better / worse. How was the 2000 cst in the rear
Old 11-17-2012, 04:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mera'din
Still looking for a bit more turn in (initial steering?) as the car pushed a bit. Funny thing is I cannot get this car to traction roll
Try some settings to get a bit more initial steering and help increase your corner speed etc.

Trying to make your car grip roll is total lunacy, I bet you won't get any top drivers trying to achieve that!

Skiddins
Old 11-17-2012, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by FLAT OUT
And what did you think ?? better / worse. How was the 2000 cst in the rear
The 2.7 springs did help make the car a bit more aggressive, but it was twitchy until the grip started to come or we had warmed the tyres properly (we are allowed 60-90 secs of warm up laps.

I think the thicker diff oil just makes the car a bit easier to drive.

Will be at a bigger carpet meet tomorrow using Sorex 32JB's.

Will hopefully film some of that as well.

Skiddins
Old 11-17-2012, 04:58 PM
Tech Regular

Default HELP!

I seen people post complaining about pinion issues. I have the epic/trinity pinions. In order for it to fit, I put the pinion on backwards which makes getting to the grub screw even harder. Did I do something wrong, is it the pinions, or what?
Old 11-17-2012, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Try some settings to get a bit more initial steering and help increase your corner speed etc.

Trying to make your car grip roll is total lunacy, I bet you won't get any top drivers trying to achieve that!

Skiddins
I agree and it maybe my misunderstanding of what traction rolling is. What settings would give more initial steering.
Old 11-17-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adam B
I seen people post complaining about pinion issues. I have the epic/trinity pinions. In order for it to fit, I put the pinion on backwards which makes getting to the grub screw even harder. Did I do something wrong, is it the pinions, or what?
No. It is just the design of the car. The hole in the bottom is designed for the xray pinion. I have mine turned around also and just get at it from the top with the tool almost parallel with the top deck. Its actually not all that hard really
Old 11-17-2012, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Adam B
I'm running my pinion backwards also, I've been loosening off the motor screws, tighten down pinion and then tighten motor and adjust mesh. I'm lining up the end of the pinion with the end of the motor shaft and getting about 2/3rds of the pinion running on the spur. working ok for me
Old 11-17-2012, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks guys!
Old 11-17-2012, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

The 2.7 springs did help make the car a bit more aggressive, but it was twitchy until the grip started to come or we had warmed the tyres properly (we are allowed 60-90 secs of warm up laps.

I think the thicker diff oil just makes the car a bit easier to drive.

Will be at a bigger carpet meet tomorrow using Sorex 32JB's.

Will hopefully film some of that as well.

Skiddins
From what I can see the faster cars are beating you in the 2nd half of the infield. From the start to the short straight all the way thru the infield they are smooth. You throw it in the corner and the car stops kinda rather than maintaining consistent motion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.