Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Old 09-29-2012, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NolanP
While it is funny this is also taken out of context posted here.

They stripped the kingpin area and were down the last hub.
which once again brings me to the next point of quality and strentgh to all those who complain about pricing.
people complain about the price because $600 is alot of friggin money Nolan, we all cant go out and buy the new tcxx, bd7 or what ever...associated cars look better and better for less $$ in this economy that does count for something..sorry
Old 09-29-2012, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks
This is my favorite quote from the BD7 thread....

How do you convert the bd7 to run the X-ray c hubs and steering blocks? That's going to be my only option for this weekend.
ya I ended up not using the x ray parts. I just made the yoko parts work and they are holding up just fine. I might order the new t4 just to see how it compares to the bd7.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCknight
They are a pain compared to the other system. I would rather buy more toe blocks than dig around looking for the right pieces. The time it took finding the parts, pre assemble them, checking rear toe then install them, shim them more with washers was a time killer. That all could have been more practice laps or something. I hope the new system has far less parts and able to use a shim system that's open on one end like these. http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=964&id=6307
This is exactly why I switched chassis. It's not because the x ray is a bad car(it's a great car) but because of the little things that irritated me.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hotrodchevy14
people complain about the price because $600 is alot of friggin money Nolan, we all cant go out and buy the new tcxx, bd7 or what ever...associated cars look better and better for less $$ in this economy that does count for something..sorry
Nothing at all wrong with an associated!!
Old 09-29-2012, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
They are a pain compared to the other system. I would rather buy more toe blocks than dig around looking for the right pieces. The time it took finding the parts, pre assemble them, checking rear toe then install them, shim them more with washers was a time killer. That all could have been more practice laps or something. I hope the new system has far less parts and able to use a shim system that's open on one end like these. http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=964&id=6307
I simply keep my shims sorted in a daily pill-dispenser box, sorted by size...makes it quick and easy for all the adjustments I need on the car...

It's real nice needing shims for tuning...not for removing slop...
Old 09-29-2012, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

+1...

Since I've discovered them, I have ordered something like 7 or 8 daily pill box!

Excellent for shims, screws, etc, etc.

You can find very very cheap models on eBay...
Old 09-29-2012, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Airwave
+1...

Since I've discovered them, I have ordered something like 7 or 8 daily pill box!

Excellent for shims, screws, etc, etc.

You can find very very cheap models on eBay...
The local drug store or dollar store here....1 for screws, 1 for shims...put them into small plastic tackle boxes that fit neatly into the drawers on my bag and everything is neat and easy to find...
Old 09-29-2012, 08:24 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by M-Technic
What makes Tamiya style blocks better or faster?
Nothing really just an accurate setting fit n leave if u need to change unscrew re screw!
X-rays defiantly work u can see that by how many cars they had in the a mains of the worlds just gone..... Oh none!

Yes lots of factors were against ALL teams mainly weather but every driver had the same opportunity.

I loved my xray's I loved the fact of a new car each year, after a years running they wear, plus the novelty factor of the newest car.

I've come away from xray for the fact of the pivot block design simple yes it works shimmed properly I ask should this need to be done? No my TCXX bolted together perfect, no undoing the screws to set perfect

Xray is a great manufacture very stronge and is quality out the box so please don't take this reply in the wrong way.

Jay
Old 09-29-2012, 08:30 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

MAN i just wanna see the pics allllllllllllready
have been looking for a new VTA ride sounds like this might be it
Old 09-29-2012, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jampot
Nothing really just an accurate setting fit n leave if u need to change unscrew re screw!
X-rays defiantly work u can see that by how many cars they had in the a mains of the worlds just gone..... Oh none!

Yes lots of factors were against ALL teams mainly weather but every driver had the same opportunity.

I loved my xray's I loved the fact of a new car each year, after a years running they wear, plus the novelty factor of the newest car.

I've come away from xray for the fact of the pivot block design simple yes it works shimmed properly I ask should this need to be done? No my TCXX bolted together perfect, no undoing the screws to set perfect

Xray is a great manufacture very stronge and is quality out the box so please don't take this reply in the wrong way.

Jay
Judging the performance of a car based off one race meet is the most accurate you can get!
Old 09-29-2012, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jampot

Jay
I'm not a world class driver so the a main at the worlds doesn't really matter for me. If you look at the club and state race level in Florida, Xray probably outnumbers every other car out there combined (Tamiya, AE, HB, Serpent) 2 to 1. They are popular because they are durable, fast, and easy to setup with a large setup window.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Pill boxes are also nice for big pinions
Old 09-29-2012, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Does anyone know if stuff like the current ECS shafts will be able to be used in the new design?
Old 09-29-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by C_Money
Does anyone know if stuff like the current ECS shafts will be able to be used in the new design?
Yes, the ECS shafts are indeed compatible.

Once the full release is done, the XRAY compatibility spreadsheet will also be updated.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by defcone
Judging the performance of a car based off one race meet is the most accurate you can get!
Not being funny if I had a business and the biggest event in our industry was upon us I would not be sitting their telling my team it's ok we are only hear to show our brand don't worry about winning!

It's not the most accurate but all the manufactures had new cars out and well rum yes some preformed better than others clearly.
The car must work because at the warm ups it done very well.

As I said I am a big fan of xray but I was hoping for the change in pivot block design for my own taste it did not happen.

I really hope the next worlds xray win, its a trophy they deserve on their shelf.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.