Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
BRUSHLESS MOTORS Now Legal At ROAR Races & The IFMAR Worlds!!! >

BRUSHLESS MOTORS Now Legal At ROAR Races & The IFMAR Worlds!!!

BRUSHLESS MOTORS Now Legal At ROAR Races & The IFMAR Worlds!!!

Old 03-22-2005, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yeah, but they said Changes would be for 2006.....pure crap....if they can do this crap on a whim, they can come up with fair rules that work for everyone in a reasonable amount of time.....

Later EddieO
Old 03-22-2005, 12:19 PM
Tech Adept

You know... I just had a thought...

You could bring a really awesome brushed motor to a ROAR race, and just tell them it's a brushless... then you could probably run it no matter what was inside it...
Old 03-22-2005, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Good idea!

Later EddieO
Old 03-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by DynoMoHum
You know... I just had a thought...

You could bring a really awesome brushed motor to a ROAR race, and just tell them it's a brushless... then you could probably run it no matter what was inside it...
Yeah just solder some bogus third wire on it and run it with a sphere speedo and You'd be DIALLLED!!! How 'bout a 5 segment arm with NEO MAGS Eddie O?
Old 03-22-2005, 01:14 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If the rules favor brushless, why continue to develope brushed motors? Somebody explain to me what is the attachment to all that maintanance? Seriously, somebody explain why people want to do all that work? Do you really enjoy it? I guess I just want to drive my little car and brushless makes it so much easier, in this hobby that already takes too much work.

And if brushed is so superior on the track, why complain about brushless? The voices here are very skewed by options about which is better. Again, like Ford vs Chevy.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by EddieO
I got an idea....

Quit the TALKING about putting the stuff online.....and do it.

Take the money saved from all the mailings...

Increase membership $10 or so.....

And PAY people to do the job.....

And if they don't do their job then, what's the excuse?

I don't care if takes money.....I am willing to pay, and I will bet you would be suprised to see how many other racers would be fine with it also....

And I will GLADLY volunteer to redo the bylaws and help with the rules.....Dawn emailed me about a rules committee, but then I never heard back from her....

I actually intended to run for President, but of course my revup with the signup came 2 weeks after the deadline....

And then, there was a post over on the Trinity boards that said no write ins.....but then the ballot had a write in on it....go figure.

Consider this my notice of intent to run for an office next election....

Later EddieO
Eddie.. I'm all up for you running for ROAR. But go back and see if you can see the mess from 2 years ago when Ernie P. ran for prez. Like it or not, you're considered a 'manufacturer' of motors. I beleive the quote was 'it'll be cold day in hell before ROAR has any owner of RC manufacturer as president'

how do you think some current people on excomm got there???? MONTHS AND MONTHS of bashing Ernie with flawed arguments before elections. Anyone remember the 'Ernie will kill this hobby' logic? I don't think Ernie could've done the stellar job ROAR is doing right now of killing itself.

You got my vote (if you run) but hope you're thick skinned.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally posted by razzo
...You got my vote (if you run) but hope you're thick skinned.
You mean, You got my vote (if my Rev Up arrives in time)...

Old 03-22-2005, 01:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Advil
You mean, You got my vote (if my Rev Up arrives in time)...

I guess. I was ROAR member for 4 years and got 1. But renewal form makes it my mailbox no problem.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

" I beleive the quote was 'it'll be cold day in hell before ROAR has any owner of RC manufacturer as president' "

Ernie Provetti is one of the most controversial figures in r/c racing. I doubt that Eddie would raise the same hard feelings that some have for Ernie.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Lots of people have no problems tuning motors....its a fun part of the hobby. A majority of us are what I call "tinkers"....we like to pull things apart, see how they work, and put them back together......

I've always enjoyed working on my motors, which was led me to open my own company....

The fun of RC is building your car to race....we have to work on all parts of it, and MANY MANY people enjoy that. I personally HATE chassis tuning....I've never liked it and never really been good at it.....but it's a love hate relationship, that even I enjoy when I get my car working better.

If yer looking for a racing hobby where you can fix your car in a few seconds, I would suggest a video game.....

As for me being thick skinned........trust me, my day job will make this look like a cakewalk....nothing ever in this hobby will measure up to what I put up with on a daily basis....

I've made a lot of friends, especially in the pro racing ranks, even by people who run for other companies.......I know I could pull more than 200 votes without much work.....

And there is no conflict that I own an RC company....I am part of the hobby just like everyone else.....no different than a city council member who owns a local business.....

Later EddieO
Old 03-22-2005, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

And again....its not about brushless vs brushed.....it's about the rules being followed and a level playing field for both technologies....

It's not complaining.......it's about the rules and equality....simple as that. The brushless biased folks are the ones trying to further their cause by turning it into a ford vs chevy arguement....

Later EddieO
Old 03-22-2005, 02:29 PM
Tech Adept

EddieO..wrote:??

"So......while someone may be dumb enough to strap one in a car, I am sure someone is smart enough to protest....which in this case, would be a shut and closed arguement......unless of course the person making the ruling from the same school of thinking as the person running one...."

wow..!! dumb..?? or verry clever.??
Old 03-22-2005, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Fernando, feel free to call me.....that was wrote before we knew about this deviation that allowed them to be ran....

My number is 425-737-9758

Later EddieO
Old 03-22-2005, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Man..... I love the Internet.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It's all your fault Charlie.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.