Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
BRUSHLESS MOTORS Now Legal At ROAR Races & The IFMAR Worlds!!! >

BRUSHLESS MOTORS Now Legal At ROAR Races & The IFMAR Worlds!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BRUSHLESS MOTORS Now Legal At ROAR Races & The IFMAR Worlds!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by GordonFreeman
So, wait...I missed the part were ROAR says the super secret prototype monster brushless is legal?
Post 12, then 5 posts up:

"As you know, we developed our brushless system for quite a while. It's finally ready, works great and is competitive in my opinion. Therefore, after we got short notice that it's going to be allowed for the ROAR Carpet-Nats, we made sure that it was available to be used at this race."

It does not matter that it is a prototype,"super secret", or even competitive.
Old 03-16-2005, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I have repeatedly stated thats what they would be doing....

The Novak super system and LRP/Reedy units are what will be used.....nobody in their right mind would run a 5800....I've got 19t motors as fast that thing.....and at least it's commercially available.....

It doesn't matter if they win or not, the rules have been cheated....plain and simple.

Later EddieO
Old 03-16-2005, 05:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by EddieO

I have repeatedly stated thats what they would be doing....

The Novak super system and LRP/Reedy units are what will be used.....nobody in their right mind would run a 5800....I've got 19t motors as fast that thing.....and at least it's commercially available.....

It doesn't matter if they win or not, the rules have been cheated....plain and simple.

Later EddieO
EddieO I think most are forgetting they did the samething for the 19t TC class as they are allowing any spec type 19t as not one manufacture sent one in to be approved. But hey atleast they but that on the website 3 weeks before so most would find out about it.

Brian
Old 03-16-2005, 06:02 PM
bpm
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by Rick Hohwart
Post 12, then 5 posts up:

"As you know, we developed our brushless system for quite a while. It's finally ready, works great and is competitive in my opinion. Therefore, after we got short notice that it's going to be allowed for the ROAR Carpet-Nats, we made sure that it was available to be used at this race."
All that has to happen Rick, is for 1 person at the carpets nats. to follow the protest procedure outlined in the ROAR rules.

If LRP/Reedy & Novak cannot produce the required documentation (The approval, all the paperwork that went into it), then only 2 things can happen.

1) The protested driver(s) are disqualified.

2) ROAR proves that it is bought and paid for by certain manufacturers.

Brian
Old 03-16-2005, 06:15 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

OK, so "somebody" in this thread said they (ROAR) will allow any brushless motor breaking thier own rules. Where does it officially say this in the rules? Just asking. Point me to a link or something.

I wanna see where it says, on some official web site, that they will allow any brushless motors to compete in open/mod this weekend. Then I'll back down.

Thanks
Old 03-16-2005, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

2) ROAR proves that it is bought and paid for by certain manufacturers.
Definitely not the company I'd have bet my life on if that were true... Although maybe the bit T has something up their sleve.... Wouldn't be surprised....
Old 03-16-2005, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I haven't said anything on this topic as of yet, but like many have said, I whole-heartedly agree with Eddie and Rick on this one. I don't have to repeat what they have said...I believe it's been done at least 15-20 other times.

As far as the motors go, anyone at the Novak race knows what potential these things have. Suanka's motor that was run in the modified class was sick fast. That same motor in one of the A-main driver's cars would've been VERY impressive. The motors drive much, much different than brushed, but the power is there.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

That's why I said stator, not rotor Maybe I wasn't clear but I meant the winds.
You need to be clear when you're talking to dummies. (like me...)
Old 03-16-2005, 10:33 PM
Tech Elite

The 19t stuff was done because the race organizer decided not to use a handout....

All the 19t motors being used are commericailly available to anyone who wants to run them....

Dawn said it in the ROAR forum....thats the other problem, no official announcement has been made.....yet they are being allowed to run, seems like only a select few were informed of the decision about the exemption.

My guys at the race confirmed it.....Novak has 3-5 systems being ran already, Reedy supposedly will be running 2-4, though they have not showed up yet...

Later EddieO
Old 03-17-2005, 01:22 AM
Suspended

So it could just be rumor. Can "your guys" confirm these systems are illegal. If so, tell them to say something, I enjoy watching any liar squirm, be it Tinity, ROAR or Bush (or Clinton lets be PC).
Old 03-17-2005, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

So it could just be rumor. Can "your guys" confirm these systems are illegal. If so, tell them to say something, I enjoy watching any liar squirm, be it Tinity, ROAR or Bush (or Clinton lets be PC).
Hey whats wrong with clinton? he said he licked it but didnt taste it!

bush! he lies the worst !
Old 03-17-2005, 07:22 AM
JKA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by speedxl
Hey whats wrong with clinton? he said he licked it but didnt taste it!

bush! he lies the worst !
Now your avatar makes sense.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

OK, so "somebody" in this thread said they (ROAR) will allow any brushless motor breaking thier own rules. Where does it officially say this in the rules? Just asking. Point me to a link or something.

I wanna see where it says, on some official web site, that they will allow any brushless motors to compete in open/mod this weekend. Then I'll back down.

Thanks
The problem is not actually related to brushless. The problem is that ROAR is allowing non-approved motors to be used in a sanctioned race. These motors just happen to be brushless.

There is no official link which is a major problem. Nobody knows other than the manufacturers who were told by ROAR that their brushless systems will be allowed.

In the end, they may not be used and the whole thing become a non-issue.

As far as the 19-turn class goes, there are no approved motors. So there was no choice but to allow a somewhat open class or not have the class at all.

The difference betweenthis and brushless is that 19-turn is its own class and brushless is combined with modified. If brushless was a separate class then we would have no problem.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Well, when Charlie from Novak tells him they are running the new unreleased system....that pretty much gives it away, not to mention when I can hear fernando in the background saying he is running it and its fast....

Do you want me to get a picture?? It's certainly not a 5800 or 4300....

Later EddieO
Old 03-17-2005, 09:47 AM
Suspended

Then I suggest you complain to the tech guy, have him take those cheater motors away!

Who is breaking the rules here? ROAR? Novak? Is the track allowing cheater motors?

Is this practice or actual qualifying?

Oh, yea, sneak us a picture if you can. Thanks!

Last edited by GordonFreeman; 03-17-2005 at 10:00 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.