Old 05-22-2014, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

red alloy or Ti screws?
Old 05-22-2014, 05:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DBM
Where did you get the red screws from?
Not sure where he got his screws from but here is a place where you can order screws from.

http://www.fastener-express.com/metr...ap-screws.aspx
Old 05-22-2014, 10:32 PM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the link!

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Not sure where he got his screws from but here is a place where you can order screws from.

http://www.fastener-express.com/metr...ap-screws.aspx
Old 05-26-2014, 06:39 AM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

As my skill level increases, I find myself enjoying the R1 more and more all of the time. Every week, I get comments on how "smooth" the car drives on the track.

I ran my S1 in VTA/CTA for the first time yesterday, and right or of the box, it was posting lap times right up there with the fast guys. It was also an absolute pleasure to drive. What a great VTA chassis for $120. I imagine the S2 should be even better.

Running two classes was hectic, though, and my girlfriend has expressed interest in trying rc, so I might put the vta car in her hands and free up some of my time to work on the R1 in 17.5 stock touring.

Oh, after a month of installing the avid revolution bearings in my car, I now have a pile of crunchy avid wheel bearings sitting on my bench. The ones in the drivetrain ate still working fine though. I installed murffdog abec 5 bearings yesterday. I'll report back on how well they stand up.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

I got the hiro Seiko ones from pitbox they hold up really well compared to square de ones or fast ones, almost done, just waiting on wires
Old 05-26-2014, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

I had some xray carbon battery supports, they fit with minamal mods, and look like they belong on the car, I will post pictures once the whole car is done, what a fun built, and when everything goes perfectly, even a better built then the x ray t4 14, from what my s2 can do, I hope this will be a step better, but work gets in the way of completion lol.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

I'm still using the R1 plastic lipo pack guide with the stock velcro strap. Why is it necessary to change from the kit setup?
Old 05-26-2014, 10:14 AM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SteveM
I'm still using the R1 plastic lipo pack guide with the stock velcro strap. Why is it necessary to change from the kit setup?
I found that my corner weights would change due to tweak when using the velcro strap. Putting the strap on loose enough to not cause tweak resulted in my lipo popping out. I still use the plastic holders, but use a 1mm carbon fiber strap and a pair of standoffs to hold the lipo in now. No more tweak from the strap. I also found that the velcro strap kind of got in the way when working on the car.

Last edited by DBM; 05-26-2014 at 11:15 AM.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:02 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DBM
I found that my corner weights would change due to tweak when using the velcro strap. Putting the strap on loose enough to not cause tweak resulted in my lipo popping out. I still use the plastic holders, but use a 1mm carbon fiber strap and a pair of standoffs to hold the lipo in now. No more tweak from the strap. I also found that the strap mind of got in the way when working on the car.
OK, now I see. I use the Tuning Haus lipo retainers on my Schumacher Mi5 as I hate using battery tape. I run my R1 in club VTA races and haven't had any issues with tweek in this class.
Old 05-26-2014, 01:16 PM
Tech Master

Hi steve, I like my bling, carbon bumper support, anodized screws, and now carbon battery support, I am going to run usgt with this car, so really the strap is fine, just a cosmetic thing, once I get a chance to put a picture up, you will notic how well they fit, only have to drill one hole which is already marked
Old 05-26-2014, 01:44 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by zaraz
Hi steve, I like my bling, carbon bumper support, anodized screws, and now carbon battery support, I am going to run usgt with this car, so really the strap is fine, just a cosmetic thing, once I get a chance to put a picture up, you will notic how well they fit, only have to drill one hole which is already marked
Post pics when you can please.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Has anyone experienced problems with the xray plastic caps on the the end of the driveshafts that go in the rear diff out drive cups fitting extremely tight ? One side is smooth and slides in the out drive cup a bit , the other side was extremely tight and would not slide at all even with a good amount of force. I removed the plastic cap and cleaned it up a bit by lightly sanding it , helped a little but still quite a bit tighter than being able to move easily. S1 standard gear diff cups by the way and the 50mm swingshafts.
Old 05-26-2014, 04:55 PM
Tech Addict

Upper deck question...

I broke my R1 Pro Spec's upper deck. Head first into the boards at top speed after clipping the inside corner.

Anyhoo, I noticed that NONE of the upper decks available for sale match mine exactly. Mine is parallel all the way to the front similar to the Type A but it has more holes that would line up with the new style motor mount.

The Type A has no holes in this area.

Which is better, the Type A or the original 2.0mm that tapers in?
Old 05-26-2014, 05:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Well I finally bit the bullet and got an R1 ProSpec.

I got it 2nd hand from a local racer and I must say I like the quality of the kit and how smooth the drivetrain is.

I bolted an ancient 13.5t Novak SS motor into it with SP Reventon speedy and Savox servo and DAMN this thing is quick.( Note I haven't raced in about 3 years so maybe thats why it feels so fast.)

Now all I have to do is buy the missing parts for the Sway Bars and get the correct setup and I can finally get back into racing.

I will post pics in a couple of weeks when i get home from work.

Cheers
Nudge
Old 05-26-2014, 07:12 PM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by SteveM
OK, now I see. I use the Tuning Haus lipo retainers on my Schumacher Mi5 as I hate using battery tape. I run my R1 in club VTA races and haven't had any issues with tweek in this class.
How do you like your mi5? I'm intrigued by the design (there are so many thinabout it), and was thinking that it might be a fun car to play with when I become bored of my R1.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.