Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 03:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Selling my Spec R stuff

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/898845-spec-r-s1-r1-r2.html
Old 11-14-2015, 07:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Is there any news about when the carkits are coming back in stock by specr ??
Old 11-14-2015, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

I was told specific parts were gonna be back instock the begining of this month, only the R2 and S2 would be restocked(didnt say when), and the R3 would be released by Easter, I think they ment Christmas but the emailer wrote Easter ?
Old 11-14-2015, 08:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Thats some great news cant wait to see whats the r3 is going to be.
Old 11-14-2015, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

r3 already? we havent even had a year with the r2......
Old 11-14-2015, 11:47 AM
Tech Initiate

I cant wait for the first details about this car still hoping for more feedback from specr for there customers
Old 11-14-2015, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by valk
r3 already? we havent even had a year with the r2......
+1

Last edited by rtenzo02; 11-14-2015 at 01:46 PM.
Old 11-14-2015, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

welp. hopefully there are some previews of this car cause easter is quite far with the big buying season just around the corner. id like to get into a second tc dedicated to mod. atm its between another r2, e4rs3 or maybe yokomo. spec r has had good success with our club getting new people to the track though so id like to continue my support. still would be nice if there was team support.
its difficult to compete with the big teams on my setup ability alone ha.
Old 11-15-2015, 04:39 AM
Tech Initiate

welp. hopefully there are some previews of this car cause easter is quite far with the big buying season just around the corner. id like to get into a second tc dedicated to mod. atm its between another r2, e4rs3 or maybe yokomo. spec r has had good success with our club getting new people to the track though so id like to continue my support. still would be nice if there was team support.
its difficult to compete with the big teams on my setup ability alone ha.
I also hope i riding specr for 2 years now and i love the cars.can go with cars like xray arc yokomo the car is good for a top 3 and i like to ride something diffrent than the other riders.i hope we get soon the first info about that new car
Old 11-15-2015, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

has anyone tried anyone elses plastic parts on the car? im considering options for alternative suspension arms as i always seem to break them where the shock mounts now that i have aluminum blocks. was thinking tamiya should be pretty close to a drop in affair but curious if others have encountered this problem.
getting a little tired of having to buy parts i dont need and having a stock pile of rear arms or rear hubs lol.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:09 PM
Tech Regular

has anyone tried anyone elses plastic parts on the car? im considering options for alternative suspension arms as i always seem to break them where the shock mounts now that i have aluminum blocks. was thinking tamiya should be pretty close to a drop in affair but curious if others have encountered this problem.
getting a little tired of having to buy parts i dont need and having a stock pile of rear arms or rear hubs lol.
Are you better off breaking arms rather than running the plastic blocks ? Guess either way your gonna have a stockpile of either. Stronger arms only means you'll be breaking arm mounts or bending arm pins next. Are you running the xray hard bumper ? As far as the tamiya parts go I believe somewhere in this thread Ive read they can be used, possibly along with the tamiya pins.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

i dont mind breaking hingepins lol. it always seems to be too... ill shatter a hingepin in three places but the plastics come away unscathed...

i know the solution is to not hit things but chasing an awesomatix and pushing hard to match his laptimes.
just wish i could buy JUST front arms.. was investigating tamiya or yokomo but they seem similar in design to the xray but prob use spec r sized pins. I don't think you could shim the amount of sweep properly with either. but who knows. could always move the rear axle back as far as possible.

gonna hit up a few local peeps with spec r's so i wont be down for 1-2 weeks waiting for parts.
gonna go back to the Carbon fiber chassis as well and go back to a near stock setup to start setup process again.
my r2 is one of the fastest cars at my club so i shouldnt complain.. but im at the point of considering how to tweak my driving style to hold more corner speed. all that mod practice kinda screwed me for stock it seems.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

my r2 is one of the fastest cars at my club so i shouldnt complain.. but im at the point of considering how to tweak my driving style to hold more corner speed. all that mod practice kinda screwed me for stock it seems.[/QUOTE]

Hearing these types of things about the R2 makes me wana buy one so bad but I dont like Spec R's lack of restocking parts, tqrc and reflex were my main suppliers that I could count on for a speedy delivery but when they dont have what I need instock than Im screwed. My best bet is too stick with what my local hobbyshop carries which means no more Spec R for me. Though Im interested to see what the R3 looks like.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

i think the r2 is a very good car epecially when you factor the cost associated. but to make it its best you shoudl totally expect to spend $450 on it heh. so in that respect isnt a super deal so much when the competition in the same price range comes with the same equipment. I wouldnt say any of the others in the $400 range are really any better in terms of parts quality, certainly not their alloy parts but they tend to have better team support which is a big deal for newbie racers or people who aren't so great at chassis setup.
iv'e only been racing for 5 years so to compete with the people i do is more on the level of practice iv'e put in to get to that point but iv'e owned 5-6 different brand touring cars in that amount of time. to say any one of them was the best is difficult as they all have strengths and weaknesses.
I think a lot of people assume when they ask me that i know what im talking about with chassis setup. sadly i haven't committed most of that to memory and ill usually drive around a car during club racing. ill mess with it on setup/practice nights for sure though. but being able to hit the same line and same marks every single time has nothing to do with the car.
still working on all that myself.

I will say, elements of my spec r's have been very nice when comparing to certain other touring cars. this one replaced a serpent and ill say that in the case of my r1, something as simple as changing a spur gear was a damn godsend compared to the serpent.
id say spec r still has some ground to make up in parts quality, fit and finish, but for the price of these cars compared to the competition, its pretty hard to complain. my r2 came with everything in the box a new t4 has. the only thing i added was the floating servo mount and floating top plate.
I dont use that plate indoors but it certainly has its use outdoors.

i really hope some details come out on the r3 asap. or at least some of us could get some details. i might send them an email to see if there is a team and what their impressions are.
for now i just stick with the 1 r2 and two pancars.
Old 11-20-2015, 08:03 PM
Tech Regular

Ive got a brand new unused R2 chassis, R2 UPPER bulkhead caps, R2 motor mount with spur shaft , S1 spur gear holder, floating steering conversion kit, all 4 hard carbon arms, 2 std steering blocks, 2 std rear uprights, R1 red aluminum arm mounts, all unused ! I'll ship them all for $70 (U.S ONLY).(USPS)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.