Wiki Posts
Search

Spec-R R1

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 03:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rtenzo02
What's the 3x12mm screw that goes in the inside servo mount for on the S1 chassis, the manual shows it screwed in with 6mm of thread left unscrewed.
it's to help keep the battery on place and off the belt. you'll notice another similarssetup off the motor mount as well
Old 07-07-2014, 03:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rtenzo02
What's the 3x12mm screw that goes in the inside servo mount for on the S1 chassis, the manual shows it screwed in with 6mm of thread left unscrewed.
To keep the battery off the belts and secure it up to the outside brackets.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

OK thanks , haven't fitted a battery just yet .
Old 07-07-2014, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/spec...toria20140622/

this is what i ran on sugarwatered ashphalt this last week at speedweekend. only difference was sorex tires instead of muchmores.
I think i adjusted the droop to 5 but ive started checking ORH.
not bad for a car that in total might have cost $550. racing against a fully kitted Xray and Yokomo.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:33 PM
Tech Regular

Had our regular Friday night racing this week. Was running at the front of the pack and had started lapping slow traffic, when from out of nowhere my car did a right hand turn straight into the fence. The glitch has returned. I am almost at my wits end getting this glitch out. Might have to change radio again, new battery and new speedy again. These are the only things I can think of. Anyone else got suggestions?
Old 07-07-2014, 07:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Push every single pin for every single connector in all the way, individually, with a small hex driver. Including each end of your sensor cable. Do it Evey time you go out on the track.

Also if you cut the end of your antenna either on the receiver or the transmitter, did you remember to expose 32.1 mm of the central wire in the coaxial cable? Maybe check that the antennas are both well connected to their circuit boards too... Add a glitch buster.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrjudd77
Had our regular Friday night racing this week. Was running at the front of the pack and had started lapping slow traffic, when from out of nowhere my car did a right hand turn straight into the fence. The glitch has returned. I am almost at my wits end getting this glitch out. Might have to change radio again, new battery and new speedy again. These are the only things I can think of. Anyone else got suggestions?
What about your servo? Maybe try another one and see
Old 07-09-2014, 02:26 AM
Tech Regular

servo is brand new and I have tried 3 different brands (bluebird, savox and now trackstar). glitch buster is attached and all connections have been checked.

It feels like a power loss. The antenna is at original length. I might see if I can find another receiver for the Futaba 3pl. Would love to find an orange receiver for it.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Is your antenna standing vertical? Since you've tried all new electronics the only thing else I can think of is placement or battery connectors.
Old 07-09-2014, 04:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mrjudd77
servo is brand new and I have tried 3 different brands (bluebird, savox and now trackstar). glitch buster is attached and all connections have been checked.

It feels like a power loss. The antenna is at original length. I might see if I can find another receiver for the Futaba 3pl. Would love to find an orange receiver for it.
Thought I mentioned it here the other day, but try moving your receiver and antenna a bit further away from the the CF chassis. I had the same problem a while ago, and moved the receiver the same day I swapped out my second Savox servo for a Sanwa - can't tell which of those did the trick, but the combination worked.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:37 AM
Tech Regular

PEEK antenna does bend in a long radius in a plastic cover to stay under the roof. might try it vertical.

bakoo if this does not work (vertical antenna) than I will try rearranging the electronics.

These are the first things to try as they are a free fix. Then I will go back to replacing things.

As usual I will keep you all updated so that we can find another solution or if it is fixed then it is one more bit for the knowledge bank.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

http://youtu.be/8_xsD-dxeRs
Old 07-10-2014, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by valk
Nice parking lot track!
Old 07-10-2014, 02:56 PM
Tech Initiate

That's the best looking temporary track I've ever seen!

I put my antenna vertically as high as possible in a tube under the body, the top of the tube might be 1mm away from touching, I haven't had any trouble yet. The excess antenna lead I've bunched up next to the receiver.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

would just be nice if the weather and fourth of july weekend didn't scare away most of of our regulars =(
we were down on attendance by probably HALF.. but whateves. we hold this race on the same weekend every year and this year had some of the tightest racing EVER. despite the awkward weather.
I think if i had let craig get a bit of a gap, he might have been able to catch up to ryan, and we could have done a three way run at first but.. its the main.. hard to say. was sure exciting though.

For ashphalt, id say my r1 was pretty dialed but could have done with a little more traction.
carpet is where i seemed to struggle with it. but thats a few months away. hopefully we get the new motor mount and CF towers in time for indoor season. I prob wont buy an R2 if thats all there is to change, but a few of the parts for sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.