Wiki Posts
Search

Spec-R R1

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 12:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Marty,

The R1 has a suspension mount spacer set already fitted, I've got 2 in the ProSpec, I had another 2 sets arrive today, it appears that 'slamming' them 'on their guts', makes them handle better, they cost me $8 plus post each, I'll give you a set with the car if you want, if not no stress as I'll be sticking them in the ProSpec to lower it a little further. (I'll have the world's first SpecR Low Rider).

Also have a 'T3 ball diff coming, hopefully I can fit it into the rear without too many problems.

Yeah I may be selling most of my cars, but I'm still staying focused on getting the ProSpec sorted.

That will be how I'm going to approach it, concentrate on the one 10th scale SSF car & the 5th scale bike, no 2nd SSF car or 12th scale distracting me.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:26 AM
Tech Regular

Sounds good mate. I will be putting my front diff from the S1 in the R1 as I am not a fan of the spool. Does the R1 have the alloy turnbuckles in it or is it upgraded to titanium? If not no biggie, just need to know where you got the Ti buckles from.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It's got aluminium turnbuckles, I've got some Ti turnbuckles that I was going to fit to it, not sure if there's a full set, but we'll work it out.

I order my parts from TQ normally, I've ordered a new set of upper bulkheads for it as I had a ballstud break on one side, so you can't get the top arm on the inner stud mount (for maximum rear camber), it has 2 engine mounts (both modified for closer spur/pinion fitment) but I have a new one coming, fan mount & fan, spring steel outdrives on the spool.

It won't take long to get it up & tuned (then I'll be chasing you again).

Cheers Wal.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:29 AM
Tech Regular

Sweet. I will have a full 2 cars worth of spares and then some to be able to replace what I need to but having those few extras would be good. I am willing to give you some extra for the odds and ends that you have ordered for it, at least the bits that you are not using on the pro spec.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by metalnut
Really? I'm curious as to why. I just switched the other way, but won't get to try the T4 until this weekend. I'm expecting better, not worse.
I've only driven the T3 tho.. So i've got no idea about the new T4.. Still for the money and how it drives the R1 is good!
Old 03-19-2014, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Steering post

I ordered the S1 steering arm set from TQ to find that no steering post come with the arm set, unfortunately it appears spec r does not sell the steering post seperatley and you can only get the post when ordering the r1 aluminum steering arm set ? Doesn't make any sense to me why the S1 set does not come with steering post ? I really dont have $25 to waist on the aluminum post that come in the R1 set, can anyone tell me if I have other options ? TQ sells some for the sakura xi that look really simular to the spec r r1 steering post but I dont know anyone with the sakura xi to try and compare them. Any help would be appreciated ?
Old 03-19-2014, 10:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rtenzo02
I ordered the S1 steering arm set from TQ to find that no steering post come with the arm set, unfortunately it appears spec r does not sell the steering post seperatley and you can only get the post when ordering the r1 aluminum steering arm set ? Doesn't make any sense to me why the S1 set does not come with steering post ? I really dont have $25 to waist on the aluminum post that come in the R1 set, can anyone tell me if I have other options ? TQ sells some for the sakura xi that look really simular to the spec r r1 steering post but I dont know anyone with the sakura xi to try and compare them. Any help would be appreciated ?
Email spec-r, they might be happy to help you out. They did with a few issues I had with my S1 kit, sent stuff quickly and free of charge.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:15 AM
Tech Regular

Emailed TQ, they didnt care, then I emailed spec r and explained my situation to them, I got a response telling me to email them a pic of the steering post Im looking for ? Woke up this morning to find they emailed me back, but there email had no contents ?
Old 03-20-2014, 07:58 AM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

I bought a used S1 a little while ago, and it came with the aluminum R1 steering components. I think the original plastic pieces were includedin the bag of spares. When I get home from work tonight, I'll take a look to see if the plastic steering posts are there with the rest of the spares. If they are, you can have them.

Old 03-20-2014, 08:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

The steering posts on the S1 are metal and not plastic. The belcranks are plastic but that's another piece.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:00 AM
Tech Regular

That would be great (DBM) ! looking at the pics of the bottom of the S1 chassis the post dont appear to be red aluminum (stevem) , are they black aluminum ? Or am I not looking at the pic correctly ? Really cant understand why the S1 steering arm set would not come with post as the aluminum R1 set does or at least give the option to buy seperately as most other brands. Thanks for the help !
Old 03-20-2014, 10:06 AM
Tech Champion

That would be great (DBM) ! looking at the pics of the bottom of the S1 chassis the post dont appear to be red aluminum (stevem) , are they black aluminum ? Or am I not looking at the pic correctly ? Really cant understand why the S1 steering arm set would not come with post as the aluminum R1 set does or at least give the option to buy seperately as most other brands. Thanks for the help !
I believe the two steering posts that attach to the S1 chassis are steel. The R1 probably uses red aluminum, but I would think that the steel ones would be better for durability.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:52 PM
Tech Regular

Ok , right on ! The problem is TQ nor spec r sell them separately and I ordered the S1 arm set that does not come with post, they need to add descriptions/tech notes to there website ! At this point im hoping DBM has a spare set ! Thanks stevem !
Old 03-20-2014, 01:18 PM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

I agree that there is a complete lack of info on some parts. Try finding a weight on the R1 Wurks Power Push 7200mAh lipo anywhere on the net.

Anyways, I'm off work in 2.5 hours. I'll head straight home to check my bin of spares to see if there are any steering posts in it. Unless you can spot them in my cell phone pic that I took of the bin last week. :P haha.

Ok , right on ! The problem is TQ nor spec r sell them separately and I ordered the S1 arm set that does not come with post, they need to add descriptions/tech notes to there website ! At this point im hoping DBM has a spare set ! Thanks stevem !
Attached Thumbnails Spec-R R1-20140315_115002%7E01.jpg  
Old 03-20-2014, 01:19 PM
Tech Champion

My guess is that Spec-R don't think that anyone would ever need to replace these so don't list them separately.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.