Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree221Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2021, 05:42 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Airwave
low grip chassis for CK25? Interesting. I'm running 1/12th outside, on asphalt, it could be great...
stock kit from what i have seen is killer on asphalt and gray carpets.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

So I'm just building my CK25 and was wondering what the views are on front mounted servo versus standard? I've always run it up front on my XTi
Old 12-11-2017, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tim fry
So I'm just building my CK25 and was wondering what the views are on front mounted servo versus standard? I've always run it up front on my XTi
It's really up to you. IMO, if you have the Sanwa SRG-HR the front mounting position is the only place to run the servo. This position will probably give you a bit more steering as you have placed ~25 grams of weight over the front axle. This layout also makes for a very roomy chassis to place your other electronics. If you have a different servo, there is certainly no harm in running the servo in the traditional (behind the front axles) spot, but the car will likely handle a bit differently between the two layouts. Make sure you set up your ackerman angle correctly for either setup.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by biz77
It's really up to you. IMO, if you have the Sanwa SRG-HR the front mounting position is the only place to run the servo. This position will probably give you a bit more steering as you have placed ~25 grams of weight over the front axle. This layout also makes for a very roomy chassis to place your other electronics. If you have a different servo, there is certainly no harm in running the servo in the traditional (behind the front axles) spot, but the car will likely handle a bit differently between the two layouts. Make sure you set up your ackerman angle correctly for either setup.
I've run the car in both configurations and would have to say that the SRG-HR front mounted gives the car ample steering and a bit smoother than a JR 9650 traditionally mounted.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tim fry
On my Xti-WC I had a Savox mounted up front. I always had too much steering for our gray carpet track and tried everything but moving the servo to the standard spot to get rid of it. I bought the CK25 and a new Futaba 9650 servo and used the nice servo rack they have. My car is now much more driveable than ever before for me. Its nice to use softer tires and try different levels of sauce and springs. With the front mounted servo I could only run the hardest front tires and springs and no sauce ever.
Old 12-14-2017, 10:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

question on CK25 was looking at carbon front cross braces, long or short one fit the car as it comes in kit?

also looking for a alternative 2-56 ball cup. i have not finished my CK yet, but seems at the track, drivers having them pop off on even slightest bumps with other cars and delicate taps on boards
Old 12-15-2017, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

https://www.rctech.net/forum/electri...ed-fantom.html
Attached Thumbnails Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!-3e9750fe-d4d1-4d6b-9117-0e8a7b9c72a1.jpeg  
Old 12-15-2017, 07:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fast-ho-cars
question on CK25 was looking at carbon front cross braces, long or short one fit the car as it comes in kit?

also looking for a alternative 2-56 ball cup. i have not finished my CK yet, but seems at the track, drivers having them pop off on even slightest bumps with other cars and delicate taps on boards
I have the CRC3276. I've not had any problems so far with the ball cups on either my WC or CK25. I guess the biggest problem is they are fully enclosed making them difficult to remove. Some guys will drill out the back of the cup, I might try that.

Last edited by RussF; 12-15-2017 at 09:32 AM.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For the car as it comes out of the box, you will need the #3276 cross brace.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dumper
For the car as it comes out of the box, you will need the #3276 cross brace.
You are correct, thanks for the correction. I edited my post above.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anyone else have an issue with the left rear hub on a ck25? I was building the kit last night and tightened it down to where I felt comfortable and it slid right off. I tightened it down a little more and stripped it out.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AMitchell05
Anyone else have an issue with the left rear hub on a ck25? I was building the kit last night and tightened it down to where I felt comfortable and it slid right off. I tightened it down a little more and stripped it out.
I can't say for sure about your particular case but the new two-screw hubs need to be tightened carefully, alternating between the two screws until it is tight. You cannot tighten one down and then the other, its a bit like lug nuts on a car.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:06 AM
Tech Addict

That sucks that it stripped. When I installed mine the first time I was a little tentative about tightening the screws down as well. I noticed that if you snugged up both sides it was still loose and required a little more on each screw to get it clamped firm. I did each side just a slight turn each until it was tight. I didn't strip it but I was nervous I might and was extra careful.

Is it possible that there was something in the slot stopping it from clamping all the way? I dont know what you can do from here other than get a replacement. Check with CRC they have superior customer service and would probably help you out.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I made sure to tighten both sides evenly at the same time. I didn't see anything in it before or after I tried putting it on. I have no problem ordering a new one, just didn't know if anyone else had it happen.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Not trying to sound like a troll here, but is the screw head on the open hole side, or the threaded side? We had a guy up here that tightened the screw til it wouldnt move and it kept sliding off. Found he had the screws opposite holes and there isnt clamping force. Just an idea to check.
RussF likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.