Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree221Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2021, 05:42 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Correct. I see advantages for low grip with the shock short and steeper angled towards the rear of the car. I am finding the that with medium or better grip in mod (and stock) with the shock more forward and less angle.

The WC also has an optional "rail" that can be installed that allows several forward mounting positions and it allows me to slide my electronics around more. The big advantage to that is I can weight balance the car side to side easy.
Old 12-31-2014, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
Correct. I see advantages for low grip with the shock short and steeper angled towards the rear of the car. I am finding the that with medium or better grip in mod (and stock) with the shock more forward and less angle.

This reminds me of the old Associated 12L4. Had a very steep shock angle and all the weight was at the rear of the car. Good on low bite, but not so good on higher bite. How did we ever run that car? (rhetorical question)

The WC also has an optional "rail" that can be installed that allows several forward mounting positions and it allows me to slide my electronics around more. The big advantage to that is I can weight balance the car side to side easy.

Saw the rail on the Japanese Nat Champ car. Did he run that at the World's too?
Old 01-03-2015, 05:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Has anyone got any feedback on running the new car in-line? It says in the blurb that it was run like this and won 13.5 but has anyone tried it yet?
Old 01-03-2015, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

I am going to say I didn't notice if the rail was not on the Japanese Team cars. They showed up with several, it wasn't clear which "one" they were competing with. Since Worlds was low grip, the rail was not necessary at all.

Inline WC: I have not heard of a single driver who's tried it.
Old 01-07-2015, 12:35 PM
Tech Addict

Ok I have a XI, and I absolutely hate the front end. what I hate is the front a-arms just strip out usually at the worst time. Does anyone know if there is any other front end I could put on the XI, or any tips someone has.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:56 PM
Tech Champion

The old style AE front end will fit. I've stripped a few arms myself but usually not until they are pretty old. You might need to replace the screws as well if you are only replacing the arms so far. I've found some 8-32 screws are thinner than others and when you use those the arms strip out easier. I used to run the CRC front end on my BMI car and the IRS 8-32 screws that come with the car are a little thinner than the CRC ones. Or if you are using CRC ones they could simply just be worn out. It is also really easy to over tighten these screws too so take care not to do that. The screws don't need to be Magilla Gorilla tight.
Old 01-07-2015, 02:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mupchu
Ok I have a XI, and I absolutely hate the front end. what I hate is the front a-arms just strip out usually at the worst time. Does anyone know if there is any other front end I could put on the XI, or any tips someone has.
Full Luxury Front End
Is also mounted with 8-32 screws
But is aluminum, not plastic
Old 01-07-2015, 02:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I've never stripped one and only broken a couple. About the only thing I ever strip or break are the upper arm mounts and even that is fairly rare and they make an aluminum version if it becomes a problem.

AE L4 style front end will fit.

Speedmerchant old school or new school front end.

Serpent used to sell their front end with inserts to fit. Not sure if they still do or not.

Also, I think one of the oval companies like Hyperdrive make aluminum lower arm mounts with the old 8-32 spacing that allows you to run R5 style front ends on L4 style cars (CRC, V-Dezign, Speedmerchant, etc.)
Old 01-07-2015, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Full Luxury Front End
I can't make the .gif work. I had a good one for that.

I always see that Speedmerchant front end and wonder what breaks first... the wheel? The chassis itself? Certainly not either the upper or lower arm. I've never seen one broken, then again most of the Speedmerchant laps I have watched were either RBF or Josh Cyrul, two guys who generally don't do a lot of durability testing.

The other thing I wonder is how much camber gain the Speedmerchant has in straight chassis flex.

I have run a CRC Xi now for over three years and never stripped a front arm, and I only broke one and when I did I really deserved it and I was genuinely afraid that the chassis would be destroyed as well. I wonder what they have been hitting to break it.

Last edited by DesertRat; 01-07-2015 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Lack of Instagram Skill
Old 01-07-2015, 03:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Full Luxury Front End
wow what front is that ?!

I am giving the crc one last chance. Getting some new 8-32 screws, and will tap lower a arms prior to install. I just have issues where these come loose/strip during a run then I start getting odd behavior on the track, and scrubbing lots of speed (along with speed wobbles).

thanks!
Old 01-07-2015, 03:54 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

That's the speedmerchant newskool front end.

It's got to be the screws or something. I've never had to tap them and never had them strip or loosen up during a run.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

I ran a CRC front end on one of my cars for awhile with no issues either. It almost sounds like the screws your using are too big and stretching the plastic making it easier to fail.
Old 01-07-2015, 05:24 PM
Tech Adept

Does anyone know what ball stud is being used on Rheinard's car?

The silver hex head one for the centre shock pictured here:

thanks in advance
Old 01-07-2015, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

For what it's worth, I 3/4 tap through the A arms. That lets the screw bite into the last little bit. If you full tap, I could see the screws coming loose. Now I do not tackle things on a regular basis, but my arms came with my cars. I carry one spare.

Not sure who's ball stud that is, but it's not CRC. The only reason I am guessing it's there is some mechanics would rather unthread the ball stud then roll the shock off potentially stretching the plastic??? Not sure why it's there.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How good are the new tire compounds? Are you done even considering black/yellow or chrome/greylow as tire options for stock now that the blue and green are here?

Guys have tried the rear blues and green in my area but quit running them because they didn't have the fronts to balance them out.

Im still a black yellow guy... because Horizon only stocks the rears in the new compounds...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.