Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!! >

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Like Tree221Likes

Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-02-2021, 05:42 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Team CRC Xti 1/12th Scale!!
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: tobamiester

Old 03-19-2014, 12:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jason cheng
I think walmart superstore now has crc parts part# 32694
Thank you for the info..
Old 03-31-2014, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

So to convert the xti into an altered ego you need the altered ego conversion and the transverse kit ? It doesn't seem like the xti tweak plate works quite right. Why doesn't the altered ego conversion come with the correct tweak plate ? To me that seems just stoopid to have a conversion that doesn't come with a very important part.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:56 PM
avs
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Aquaracer
Where do you guys get these open ended ball link ends that I see in all of the pictures of this chassis. They are used on the damper tubes. Are they being used on the inboard side of the tubes along with the outside part of the tube? The XTI kit comes with standard ball cups and I think that the open ended ones will make it easier to do maintenance on the tubes. Any help on this would be well appreciated.

Thanks
I had the gen/xl kit a while back, and the tube had a 4-40 screw which lets you choose from most ball cups. the inner 'plunger' used a 2-56 screw which limits your choice to pretty much just the stock item.
I remember the 4-40 ball cups in my xl kit were open on the top but the manual showed a standard closed top.

the AE TC6 ball cups are 4-40 and open and generally available, and they work well.. you will just need to cut them short to fit
Old 03-31-2014, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
So to convert the xti into an altered ego you need the altered ego conversion and the transverse kit ? It doesn't seem like the xti tweak plate works quite right. Why doesn't the altered ego conversion come with the correct tweak plate ? To me that seems just stoopid to have a conversion that doesn't come with a very important part.
Ryan the tweak plate that comes with the standard kit is for in-line, doesn't have the cutout to run the battery transverse. If you want alter ego completely it is easier to just order that car kit.
Old 03-31-2014, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by big_ads
Ryan the tweak plate that comes with the standard kit is for in-line, doesn't have the cutout to run the battery transverse. If you want alter ego completely it is easier to just order that car kit.
I put some different stand offs on and raised the tweak plate so I think it will work. Thanks.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hey guys, whats the average that you replace there flange bearings on the rear axle.

i bought some acer bearings and maybe completed 3 or 4 meetings and they had that much slop needed replacing, im racing in mod with 3.5t by the way.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by I)arkness
hey guys, whats the average that you replace there flange bearings on the rear axle.

i bought some acer bearings and maybe completed 3 or 4 meetings and they had that much slop needed replacing, im racing in mod with 3.5t by the way.
Assuming you are talking about the ride height/axle bearings, not the right side diff bearing in the hub.... probably 3 weekends in stock. At $1 a pop, I run them till they get gritty and then toss them.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

I have noticed that I replace the axle bearings in my Xti more than my XL. I seem to remember some trick where using a rubber o-ring as a spacer could cushion the impacts the bearing takes when you take a hit.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DesertRat
I have noticed that I replace the axle bearings in my Xti more than my XL. I seem to remember some trick where using a rubber o-ring as a spacer could cushion the impacts the bearing takes when you take a hit.
Do you have an axle shim between the red spacer and the bearing, or is the spacer touching the bearing? that spacer puts pressure on the bearing under side impacts like a punch and can blow the bearing out prematurely. I used to go through a set of bearings a weekend and sometimes wouldn't even make a race till i figured that out. Haven't had a problem since putting a shim in between.

Last edited by big_ads; 04-01-2014 at 12:06 PM.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by big_ads
Do you have an axle shim between the red spacer and the bearing, or is the spacer touching the bearing? that spacer puts pressure on the bearing under side impacts like a bunch and can blow the bearing out prematurely. I used to go through a set of bearings a weekend and sometimes wouldn't even make a race till i figured that out. Haven't had a problem since putting a shim in between.
I run my car with the back end more narrow than stock. The 'wide' shim from the left side of the car is gone, replaced by the 'narrow' shim from the spur gear side. I evened out the width on the spur gear side using standard shims. I did this for handling, and as I was using Enneti rear tires the car was still plenty wide.

Thanks for the tip though, I'll give it a shot.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i run contact tires so i need to space out the rear end quite a lot.

i have the red spacers on the outside then my shims next which contact the axle bearings. i have noticed that i do need a very tiny amount of play in the rear end so it all spins free, otherwise if i have it all tight it will bind.

but wondering if having the rear end height adjustable not constraint to each other, like most other 1/12 kits using bearing height spacers, that perhaps if you dont have it exactly even it could place extra force on the bearings? causing them to fail much sooner.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

This doesn't make sense. I started with the regular Xti that had the tweak plate for inline battery running. I bought the Altered Ego conversion kit and got a new chassis plate that would work either inline or transverse battery position. I also got a new lower motor pod plate, an upper motor pod plate, a tweak plate that will work with transverse battery position, an antenna mount, the longer side links for transverse battery and battery positioners that are used for transverse battery mounting. So, combining the two kits together, I could build any of the combinations, long/long, short/long, long/short and short/short with batteries either inline or transverse.

So, in my mind, it appears that you got the wrong parts in the Altered Ego conversion kit.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by davidl
This doesn't make sense. I started with the regular Xti that had the tweak plate for inline battery running. I bought the Altered Ego conversion kit and got a new chassis plate that would work either inline or transverse battery position. I also got a new lower motor pod plate, an upper motor pod plate, a tweak plate that will work with transverse battery position, an antenna mount, the longer side links for transverse battery and battery positioners that are used for transverse battery mounting. So, combining the two kits together, I could build any of the combinations, long/long, short/long, long/short and short/short with batteries either inline or transverse.

So, in my mind, it appears that you got the wrong parts in the Altered Ego conversion kit.
My kit only came with the main chassis, the longer links, and the upper and lower pod plate . That's all it shows on crc website too. Who knows ,I'm not spending anymore money on this car so ill make it work with what I have.
Old 04-01-2014, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

My kit only came with the main chassis, the longer links, and the upper and lower pod plate . That's all it shows on crc website too. Who knows ,I'm not spending anymore money on this car so ill make it work with what I have.
OK, I like this car in-line with the short motor pod. It is balanced very well and turns very quickly. If you want to run it with the battery transverse, you can do that with the inline tweak plate. The battery will be forward which is the best location for the battery in this configuration. Good luck.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Has anybody tried this car 'limo mode' with the long standard length chassis and the +7mm Altered Ego rear pod? Would that even be legal?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.